Your latest NSV(s)

Options

Replies

• sprc1616
    sprc1616 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have a dress that I love wearing to weddings, and as of last summer I was sad to find out that it didn't fit around my middle anymore. A lot of other clothes were getting too tight as well, so I decided I needed to lose weight so I didn't have to buy a whole new wardrobe. As of a couple weeks ago the dress fit, and I am going to a wedding this weekend! Next step is be able to button my favorite pair of capris again!
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    l8knut wrote: »
    Well, I'm still not sure what "NSV" stands for but I was never accused of being too sharp. Anyway, I think I might understand so here goes. I have been doing the MFP for about 50 days so far and yesterday went down another hole in my belt which is a total of 3. I LIKE! All my pants are finally fitting like they were meant to fit.

NSV= Non-Scale Victories. Congrats on yours! Mine is that I'm only 5 pounds from goal and able to fit again into the small-sized hiking pants I bought a couple of years ago when I was at my goal weight. I hike a lot, so this is important to me. I had been wearing my old, larger sizes (which I'm glad I didn't get rid of), which made me look frumpy and made me feel like a failure for gaining that weight back.
  • fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    I realized that I do not have to eat an entire cake slice. That the invention kmown as a knife can help me divide the cake into half or thirds even.
  • minkky
    minkky Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    This week I discovered you can actually see definition in my upper leg muscles.
  • bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I put on my one pair of jeans that fit that I haven't worn in two months due to the heat. Well, they were TOO BIG. My husband saw the sheer shock and happy on my face and reminisced about it later. I wasn't anticipating any change and thought they would just be the same fit on me (lost about 19 lbs). So. YAY! Feel so happy about that. Those jeans were almost too small for me!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,900 Member
    Options
    A few months ago, I tried on summer clothes and they were too tight. But last night I wore them and they fit just fine.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,900 Member
    Options
    fr3smyl wrote: »
    I realized that I do not have to eat an entire cake slice. That the invention kmown as a knife can help me divide the cake into half or thirds even.

I'm getting five servings out of one order of Pad Thai (I'm adding veggies and chicken.)

• PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I started water jogging this summer when our swim club pool opened. The first day, I did 20 minutes. That was at the end of May. Today, I had to stop at 55 minutes, but could have kept going. I had to stop because the life guard started cleaning the lane I was using.
  • SR_86
    SR_86 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I did a full pull up yesterday.
    6 months ago I struggled just dangling on the bar!
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    My size 8's are getting too big.
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Been feeling confident enough to start wearing makeup and dressing well! Turning heads at work, I'm married but that doesn't mean I can't love the attention!
  • teachermom3287
    teachermom3287 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    When picking out a snack, my 5 year old said, "I think I'll choose blueberries and strawberries, because that's a healthy choice. And we're eating healthy; right mom?" :smile: I am losing weight for me, but trying to encourage a healthy lifestyle and healthy choices for my family!
  • fr3smyl
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    fr3smyl wrote: »

I'm getting five servings out of one order of Pad Thai (I'm adding veggies and chicken.)

;)
  • fr3smyl
    Options
    My size 8's are getting too big.

Yay!
  • fr3smyl
    Options
    minkky wrote: »
    This week I discovered you can actually see definition in my upper leg muscles.

Seeing muscle definition is great. You will probably start flexing a lot more. B)
  • Livgetfit
    Livgetfit Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Great news guys! My smaller bras close!
  • mom2my4boys
    mom2my4boys Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I've been feeling discouraged this month because my 4 little ones are done school for summer break, which basically means I miss my gym sessions for the next 10 weeks.

My first yr on MFP I lost 90lbs. My second yr on MFP I've only lost 15lbs. I measured myself today and I've lost 2inches off my waist! Super happy :blush:
  • blueriotgirl
    blueriotgirl Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Nsv for last week...fitting into a size 8 in shorts for 1st time in 3 yrs!!
  • SomeGirlSomewhere
    SomeGirlSomewhere Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Seeing a picture of myself standing next to a girl who I thought was about the same size as I am and realizing I am actually quite a bit smaller than she is!
  • Cthululululu
    Cthululululu Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My swim suit is already starting to get loose in some places. Particularly my thighs, the shorts no longer roll up when I'm walking and there's even a bit of extra space before I hop in the pool and it gets all clingy.

I upped my incline on the treadmill to 11 today, which is 4 settings higher than I was able to do last week.

I did 5 laps in the pool, albeit not as fast as some may have, and didn't get winded (though I still haven't quit smoking).

I don't currently have a working scale, so these NSVs are what I have to hold onto for the week.