Your latest NSV(s)

Options

Replies

• JordisTSM
    JordisTSM Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Two recent ones:-
    1. Fitting in to a pair of jeans for the first time in about ten years!
    2. Going to the supermarket and having a staff member I've never spoken to come up and tell me she's been watching my progress. She was in tears and wanted to know what I'd been doing. Saw her again three weeks later when she very proudly told me she'd lost 4kgs after following my advice!
  • Livgetfit
    Livgetfit Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Thanks for reviving this thread guys! I need a little NSV positivity as I gained over the holidays and it is SLOW coming off.

My NSV this week is that I have stopped the negative self-talk.

I've been battering myself mentally with aggressive scale goals and looking in the mirror with increased criticism. Something seems to have shifted as I have moved on to sheer determination, focusing my energies on achieving my activity goals instead.

Also, active 3 days in a row so far and planning on keeping my streak :smiley:
  • Livgetfit
    Options
    JordisTSM wrote: »
    Two recent ones:-
    1. Fitting in to a pair of jeans for the first time in about ten years!
    2. Going to the supermarket and having a staff member I've never spoken to come up and tell me she's been watching my progress. She was in tears and wanted to know what I'd been doing. Saw her again three weeks later when she very proudly told me she'd lost 4kgs after following my advice!

Number 2 is FREAKING AWESOME
  • shoegirll
    shoegirll Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My NSV is I haven't been eating in bed at night...and I notice such a difference of how I feel in the morning
  • Livgetfit
    Options
    shoegirll wrote: »
    My NSV is I haven't been eating in bed at night...and I notice such a difference of how I feel in the morning

That is great. Breaking habits like that can be so beneficial.
    • I have been active 5 days in a row.
    • I reached my step count goal yesterday.
    • My favourite red skirt fits me again.
  • ridge4mfp
    ridge4mfp Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    This week in the shower I ran the washcloth across my body and felt something really hard. I realized for the first time in forever that my sternum was sticking out.

Yesterday a girl at work told me my eyes looked so much bigger and brighter since I lost weight.
  • Lose2Cruise2016
    Lose2Cruise2016 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    My NSV today was when I sent my Mom a pic of me at new years and a pic of me last week, and she almost didn't recognize me in the newer pic! And she said I looked YOUNGER!!
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    ilex70 wrote: »
    Zombie thread. >:)

I had an annoying NSV this week. I moved from a hot climate to a cold climate a few years ago. Changing coat sizes is a PITA and expensive too.

This November I finally found a good price on a lightweight coat. Got it out to go for a walk because we are actually enjoying highs in the 30s. Button holes now wrap 3-4 inches past where the buttons are. Wore it anyway, but annoying because it is only the second time I've used it. :p

My coats are too big as well! And so expensive! I don't know if I'm ecstatic or annoyed that I'm down from a 2XL coat to a L , and on the cusp of a M.
  • Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I fit into a pair of jeans today that I haven't been able to get over my hips in two years! Still a VERY large size but one size down from the even larger size I wore yesterday!
  • tkphotogirl
    tkphotogirl Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Scored a bargain tan suede skirt on ebay last week. When it arrived I went into full-on panic mode about how small the waist was, I'd made a mistake, it would never fit, what was I thinking....it zipped up just fine :)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    Options
    I hiked up the manitou incline in CO springs last week. Its a mile straight up at a 41% grade and extremely physically demanding, it was also 90 degrees! It was challenging but felt great. yip6by65z9u7.jpg
    f6759wpb1q75.jpg

Good for you!!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    When this thread started, I had reached my first weight goal. :)

Since then I accomplished two more significant goals:

Jan 30 - 200.2 km

This was the Campbell Town Canter 200K put on by my club, Audax Tasmania.

I haven't ridden a 200K since March 2012, and getting back into randonneuring again was one of the main reasons I decided to come here and lose weight and get fit. This was one of my goals for 2016 and I'm so pleased to have successfully completed the ride with my husband! :)

The ride report:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Machka9/view/campbell-town-canter-200-2-km-802156

Feb 20 - 46.9 km

My husband and I accomplished one of the goals that has been on my list since we arrived in Tasmania. We cycled up kunanyi/Mt Wellington!!

We started in a location about 2 metres above sea level ... and cycled up and up and up until 24 km later, we reached the top at an elevation of 1271 metres (4170 feet).

Photos: Those starting with the title 20Feb2016:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/machka-bb/albums/72157660554742114/page3
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I just scheduled my first two paying pt clients who aren't related to me or friends. Plus, it's my birthday! And my fifth blog post is live: http://audacious-aging.nyc/at-last-be-who-you-want-to-be/
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    Looking in the mirror and realising those love handles had gone without me noticing! And my abs coming through :)
  • _Figgzie_
    _Figgzie_ Posts: 3,506 Member
    Options
    co-workers telling me on the daily how good I look, getting hit up by younger ladies
  • motivatedsister
    motivatedsister Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    ARGriffy wrote: »
    Looking in the mirror and realising those love handles had gone without me noticing! And my abs coming through :)

Oh I can't wait for the day when I know longer have love handles. But even when I was smaller it seemed like that's where I stored fat...in my back. The worst! Lol, I pinch them nearly everyday to see if the amount I can grab is getting smaller.

• ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    ARGriffy wrote: »

Oh I can't wait for the day when I know longer have love handles. But even when I was smaller it seemed like that's where I stored fat...in my back. The worst! Lol, I pinch them nearly everyday to see if the amount I can grab is getting smaller.

They dissappeared with body comp, not weight loss just so you know! I was focusing so hard on my tummy I never checked my back untill my jeans started slipping!
  • vaguelyvegan
    vaguelyvegan Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    A few weeks ago I went on vacation with my four best girlfriends who haven't seen me for a year. As soon as I took off my coat, there was this chorus of, "Holy s***, your body is bangin'!" and "You've got this glow, what are you doing?"

Since then, maybe because their reactions gave me confidence, I've been wearing more fitted clothes, challenging myself with new fitness goals. It feels wonderful to be so comfortable in my skin, to casually order a pair of size 4 jeans online and know they're going to fit. I don't mind my imperfections now because I know that I'm healthy and getting stronger every day.
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    At the beginning of my journey, I was in 2x tops.
    This weekend when shopping, I grabbed a couple large spring tops thinking they would be a little snug, but I would have a month or so to get into them so I didn't even try them on. When I got home - they fit perfectly. Fortunately as I continue leaning up, my baby belly will start poking out so they should still fit well.
  • smiles4jo
    smiles4jo Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Cynsonya wrote: »
    I fit into a pair of jeans today that I haven't been able to get over my hips in two years! Still a VERY large size but one size down from the even larger size I wore yesterday!

My coat is too big for me too. It's also white leather and incredibly dirty. I was considering sending it out to be cleaned, but that's expensive! Given that it's now the end of February and I'm really hoping that winter is on its way out, I'm dealing with the dirty, too-big coat for the rest of the winter and then it goes bye-bye! I am committed to NOT fitting into that coat next winter!