NSV - Ladies, why do you get mad when this happens to you?

Options

Replies

• CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Your bicep =/= woman's breast

sorry

try again.
  • mystiedragonfly
    mystiedragonfly Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    There's a difference between looking and leering like a creepy pig. If you have to ask, you probably don't know the difference and trust me, that's a problem.

This ^

It really depends on how it is happening and how HE is acting about it.

Like someone said, admiring someone's hard earned muscle tone is VERY different than having a man ONLY looking at a body part that you had no choice in what so ever.

I know I have breasts. I've had to deal with guys ONLY looking at them while talking to me since I was 11 years old.

I really don't mind as long as they are not being creepy about it. Now that I am losing weight and gaining muscle, they are starting to look really good. However, when they look like they are about to dive into my shirt at any minute, it does get uncomfortable.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    In for gesturing like an Italian!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    In for gesturing like an Italian!
    It really is in the DNA. I'm surprised I haven't broken any noses over the years.
  • amandapye78
    amandapye78 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I get irritated because if they are staring at my chest they are not listening to what I am saying and its annoying, they can stare all they want though if I am not trying to talk to them. they wont get my number or anything though lol
  • PattyJane167
    PattyJane167 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I wear the clothes I wear because I do like to show what I have, looking is one thing, but you gotta make eye contact during a conversation sometimes!! I know it can be kind of rough, its rough for me if a man is ripping w/muscles...
  • eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Took a bike ride on an old rail trail through some of the neighboring counties. I ran into an old friend who's kids used to be in Sunday school with mine, hadn't seen her face to face for a few years. We exchanged pleasantries for a few minutes and caught up on the kids, I gestured a bit when I talked. (not that much, its not like I'm Italian) She broke face/eye contact every time I moved. I paused a bit after a while and she'd look back up at my face.

I told her I started at the trail head, she assumed I started at the one a couple miles away but I actually started at the other end of trail in the next county. I made a hitch-hiker fist with my hand lifting my arm pointing back over my shoulder with my thumb to the other end. I saw her eyes pop.

"Holy Freakin' God, look at those guns,... how did you do it, you look great!"

If I was a lady and every time I moved or just took a deep breath and the guy I was talking to looked down at my chest, I wouldn't get mad. I'd just say: "Thank you, thank you very much."

If someone complimented me on my guns, I'd take it as a compliment too. If someone complimented me on my rack, I'd think they were a pathetic skeeze ball. You have no idea what you are talking about if you think this is the same thing.
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    I don't get it.
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options

sorry

try again.

I agree with this. It also matters if the person I'm talking to glances or stares. Glancing is appreciating, staring is creepy. It is funny to me how men think that their appreciation of a women's body should be a compliment no matter how that appreciation is shown. As a young women that was abused as a child, I spent many years trying to hid behind fat just so that I wouldn't be noticed. I'd lose weight and the comments and attention would start, and I'd gain the weight right back. I am older and wiser now and I know how to handle unwanted attention, so it is not as bothersome. But men please get out of that frame of mind that all women should like any and all appreciation you show to them, and any way that you show it...... Some of us just don't.
  • arains89
    arains89 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Oh goodness everyone is so sensitive. Be honest and admit that as a woman we all like to get noticed and complimented for our looks. I do think he meant glancing not staring. I love catching my bf look at my *kitten* when I bend over or checking me out quickly during a conversation. Makes me smile real big.
  • rml_16
    Options

sorry

try again.

I agree with this. It also matters if the person I'm talking to glances or stares. Glancing is appreciating, staring is creepy. It is funny to me how men think that their appreciation of a women's body should be a compliment no matter how that appreciation is shown. As a young women that was abused as a child, I spent many years trying to hid behind fat just so that I wouldn't be noticed. I'd lose weight and the comments and attention would start, and I'd gain the weight right back. I am older and wiser now and I know how to handle unwanted attention, so it is not as bothersome. But men please get out of that frame of mind that all women should like any and all appreciation you show to them, and any way that you show it...... Some of us just don't.
    This is a really good point and explanation.

I was never abused. However, I was a C cup extreme hourglass when I was NINE YEARS OLD. I have been dealing with the attention for a very long time. When I was 15, a 33-year-old man told me he couldn't wait until I was 18 so we could have sex. That is merely one example of many.

There is appreciating and complimenting a woman's figure and then there is the leering creep factor. We women learn to deal with it because we have to. But it gets tiresome.
  • murphy612
    murphy612 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Why do we sometimes get mad? Really? Well, once men have been objectified solely on their physical appearance or assets as long as women have we can revisit this conversation. I'm shocked you'd even have to ask that question, do you have a daughter!?! lol
  • TX_Aggie_Dad
    TX_Aggie_Dad Posts: 173
    Options
    Two thoughts:

1. I would suspect that the level of "creepiness" of someone checking out your breasts is inversely related to how good-looking you think the person is that is checking you out. I find it hard to believe that most women would be offended if they were having a conversation with a really hot guy and they caught him checking out their breasts.

2. If you are wearing a low cut blouse and get offended that someone might get distracted and glance down at your breasts when you are talking to them, how do you think you'd function if men had penises on their chest and wore banana hammicks at work. Distracting, no?
  • mikeatmichael
    mikeatmichael Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    It's annoying because it means the person you are talking to values your breasts more than what you have to say.

We can multitask. ;-)
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Why do we sometimes get mad? Really? Well, once men have been objectified solely on their physical appearance or assets as long as women have we can revisit this conversation. I'm shocked you'd even have to ask that question, do you have a daughter!?! lol

I've been around enough women, and worked with enough women to know that women objectify men just as much, if not more than men objectify women. In some cases, it seems to be more acceptable. I have a female friend on facebook who will post "hot guys" to her newsfeed and make "mmm-hmmm!" comments, but if I were to post women in swimsuits or whatever, and I post "mmm-hmmm" comments, then I'm distasteful and objectifying women.

And yes, the acceptability factor of compliments given or the amount of staring taking place is directly proportional to the level of attraction the recipient has for the person complimenting or staring.
  • arains89
    arains89 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Two thoughts:

1. I would suspect that the level of "creepiness" of someone checking out your breasts is inversely related to how good-looking you think the person is that is checking you out. I find it hard to believe that most women would be offended if they were having a conversation with a really hot guy and they caught him checking out their breasts.

2. If you are wearing a low cut blouse and get offended that someone might get distracted and glance down at your breasts when you are talking to them, how do you think you'd function if men had penises on their chest and wore banana hammicks at work. Distracting, no?

^^ THIS! LOL
  • allisonrinkel
    allisonrinkel Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    It's annoying because it means the person you are talking to values your breasts more than what you have to say. Complimenting someone's hard work to achieve some nice muscles is quite different than drooling over someone's breasts.
    YES!
  • rml_16
    Options
    Two thoughts:

A glance is not a stare. I don't care what you look like. Personality does affect how attractive I think someone is and gawking is not a positive personality trait.

I don't mind men looking within reason. There is a line, however.
  • rml_16
    Options

I've been around enough women, and worked with enough women to know that women objectify men just as much, if not more than men objectify women. In some cases, it seems to be more acceptable. I have a female friend on facebook who will post "hot guys" to her newsfeed and make "mmm-hmmm!" comments, but if I were to post women in swimsuits or whatever, and I post "mmm-hmmm" comments, then I'm distasteful and objectifying women.

And yes, the acceptability factor of compliments given or the amount of staring taking place is directly proportional to the level of attraction the recipient has for the person complimenting or staring.
    I don't like when women do that, either. It's in poor taste, IMO.
  • caspergirl7
    caspergirl7 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    It's annoying because it means the person you are talking to values your breasts more than what you have to say. Complimenting someone's hard work to achieve some nice muscles is quite different than drooling over someone's breasts.

^^Exactly!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!