Was really fat. Now less fat. Stuck being less fat. So why?

Options

Replies

• mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    bd2g8v6580l4.gif
  • hollydoll29
    hollydoll29 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Intermittent fasting. Do some research on it first for yourself, but I know several people, myself included, who did not have much to lose, but were able to get it off much more quickly with intermittent fasting. There are different ways to do it, but the 16/8 plan is what I am familiar with. It sounds crazy at first, but it gets easier over time and I've found it to be really helpful.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    The food poisoning diet works very well and is inexpensive.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Intermittent fasting. Do some research on it first for yourself, but I know several people, myself included, who did not have much to lose, but were able to get it off much more quickly with intermittent fasting. There are different ways to do it, but the 16/8 plan is what I am familiar with. It sounds crazy at first, but it gets easier over time and I've found it to be really helpful.

He didn't log at all for a month, then logged randomly for 10 days. IF isn't going to magically fix his problems.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    draznyth wrote: »
    so I was on a call for like an hour

came back to ~100 new posts in here

someone aware me

I'm guessing I missed nothing

We've now learned OP skips squat day because they hurt his fragile little knees. Other than that, same old whining...

he also appears to be mixing in 5x5 an wendlers

That too. (I have no idea what exactly either of those are so I say nothing on those ;) )

5/3/1 was built as a peaking program for powerlifters or people who have elite lifting stats.
    5x5 is a basic strength program.

Ah, thank you! I'll have to give 5x5 a look, if I ever make it back to the gym anytime soon. ( I kid, going back next week)
  • raelynnsmama52512
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Calories that Don't Count

1. If no one sees you eat it, it has no calories.

2. If you drink a diet soda with chocolate, they cancel each other out.

3. Foods used for medicinal purposes have no calories. This includes any chocolate used for energy.

4. Cookie pieces contain no calories because the process of breakage causes calorie leakage.

5. If you eat the food off someone else's plate, it doesn't count.

6. If you eat standing up the calories all go to your feet and get walked off.

How 'bout if you are going to the bathroom while eating or drinking? Those don't count, right?

They just go right on through!

It's almost like Tetris, but with food! ;)
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

I personally don't understand the idea behind 16/8...isn't that just a normal day? If you sleep for 8 hours, aren't you not eating during that time anyways?

Edit: wait. Found out I've had it the wrong way.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options

He didn't log at all for a month, then logged randomly for 10 days. IF isn't going to magically fix his problems.

Maybe he got confused and thought it was intermittent logging?

Everyone still replying to OP:

onyk4h6mv72g.gif
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    OP, I'm going to diagnose you with what Mr. Martin Berkhan refers to...

leangains.com/2011/09/fuckarounditis.html

Inconsistent logging (1 month period of time, days with 3x caloric intake)
    Inconsistent programming (program hopping back and forth with no long term progression)

That is... until you get the results back from your "doctors appointment".
  • raelynnsmama52512
    Options

I personally don't understand the idea behind 16/8...isn't that just a normal day? If you sleep for 8 hours, aren't you not eating during that time anyways?

IIRC it's 16 hours fasting and then eating meals during the remaining 8. Anyone want to confirm/deny?
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    4s1Yd.gif

Stealing hahaha. I need a server full of Sims gifs.

This is one of my favorites. I only bust it out for special occasions.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    Options
    The food poisoning diet works very well and is inexpensive.

:laugh:
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options

I do 16:8 and have not noticed any such benefit. I agree that it is better for appetite control and that I eat fewer calories, but it isn't a magic bullet that makes the weight come off more quickly than spreading 1800 calories out all day.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options

onyk4h6mv72g.gif

OMFG choking on Cheerios. Kids asking me what is so funny. *DED*
  • raelynnsmama52512
    Options

onyk4h6mv72g.gif

Brb, dying. :laugh:
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Has it been covered that looking at your diary it seems you have a lot of days where you go over? 3 out of the last 4 or so?

Ev, the only thing the OP does consistently is whine.

There's your take-away for the thread.

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    ZVq46.gif
  • raelynnsmama52512
    Options
    OP, I'm going to diagnose you with what Mr. Martin Berkhan refers to:

http://www.leangains.com/2011/09/fuckarounditis.html

Inconsistent logging (1 month period of time, days with 3x caloric intake)
    Inconsistent programming (program hopping back and forth with no long term progression)

That is... until you get the results back from your "doctors appointment".

You, you receive the highest of fives today!
This discussion has been closed.