Was really fat. Now less fat. Stuck being less fat. So why?

Options

Replies

• sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    OP doing his workouts

ucaa30tucbd5.gif
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    4s1Yd.gif
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    OP doing his workouts

ucaa30tucbd5.gif

lighter-weights.jpg
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    OP doing his workouts

ucaa30tucbd5.gif

He'll be able to do this in no time

va1rR.gif
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    OP doing his workouts

ucaa30tucbd5.gif

lighter-weights.jpg

LMAO! THIS SOOOOOOO much.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    BFDeal wrote: »
    So two people who think that subbing in an extra deadlifting day instead of squats is the deal breaker in my quest for fitness. Anyone else? Let's get some more votes.

After 8 PAGES of responses with people giving you advice (many of them repeating what they have told you time after time), THIS is your only takeaway??
    LOL the last few responses were specifically about my lifting routine. It's relevant.

Do you log your lifting progression? What does that aspect look like?

The app lays out the program and numbers for you. I do fine for a while then plateau. Same with 5x5. I usually just lower the weight down and start lower and work up, repeat, etc.

Yes, I'm aware of 5/3/1 and it's progression scheme as well as 5x5. I mean, what do your numbers look like since you started to where they are now. Is there actual progression, is there regression, are you increasing performance, are you spinning your wheels, etc.

I've progressed since switching back to 5/3/1 and haven't plateaued with again yet. My numbers aren't the highest they've ever been. Frankly they were much higher when I was eating and gaining to 250 (not on purpose) before I began dieting.

So, are you switching back and forth between 5x5 and 5/3/1 or something?

Quoting myself so OP doesn't skip over.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Has it been covered that looking at your diary it seems you have a lot of days where you go over? 3 out of the last 4 or so?
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Has it been covered that looking at your diary it seems you have a lot of days where you go over? 3 out of the last 4 or so?

Yep and he hasn't even logged every day recently.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »

Ah, well, back to whining then.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    So much whining, complaining, and excuse-making. Ugh. OP, you *kitten* more than my 3 year old. Not even kidding.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options

If you don't log it, it didn't happen. Duh.

I asked my husband last "It doesn't count if the girls feed me their fries, right?" ... he had a the nerve to tell me it still counts. :grumble:
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    These seems to be a thing people don't talk about much. You see plenty of people who are 5lbs from goal freaking out because they can't lose the last 5lbs. You also see plenty of people lining up to help them, especially if the OP is a woman nearing tiny bikini progress photo status. You don't see a lot of explanations of why someone heavy who's lost weight but is stuck still pretty heavy can't lose weight. So, ideas? Anything logical? I used to weigh 365lbs. Lost to 230 not even counting calories accurately (estimates). Went off my low carb plan. Gained to 250. Counted calories down to 230. Stuck again. Cut calories down to a bonkers starving 1800. Lost some. Then boom, back up over one week.

Here's the graph: https://trendweight.com/u/f8ef80f0071149/

So, anyone else experience this? Any advice? Yeah yeah. Go to the doctor. I'm squeezing an appointment in Thursday but I am experience no other health related symptoms other than the complete inability to lose weight and actually eat a human sized amount of food.

You use this line all the time. a) it's incorrect and b) it belies what a bitter sexist you are.

You don't get the answers you want because you shoot down and make excuses for every suggestion and help people offer. You have easily the worst attitude of any regular poster I've ever seen and until you work on that first and foremost very little is going to change for you. I don't know why anyone bothers to help you anymore.

Oh and I reported this thread for trolling.

+10000000000

I've been here since last year, mostly lurking. In that time I have seen numerous obese males ask questions and receive many answers, sometimes multiple pages' worth. I've never seen one go completely ignored. BFDeal, you have been told a million times that:

1. You are not other people, you cannot eat what other people eat, you cannot compare your body to other people's bodies
    2. You need to be seeing a doctor as what you claim you do and what should result from your actions do not reconcile. If you are being truthful about your calorie balance--and I have no reason to believe that you aren't--you need to get to the bottom of your medical problem before it begins affecting your health more seriously.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

I asked my husband last "It doesn't count if the girls feed me their fries, right?" ... he had a the nerve to tell me it still counts. :grumble:

I thought it didn't count if it was eaten off a kids plate :grumble:
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    OP - still waiting for your lifting regimen and if it is a structured program...???

^^Yep. Find it hard to believe that he's been "lifting for years" without any strength gains or progress at all.

Well that what I call doing your own program. It can happen.

So he's just been picking up the same weights for years? What would be the point of lifting if you're not going to increase your weight?

Well not exactly but some people don't know when you progress in weight. There was a thread about that today with someone lifting 12 reps then got to 25 reps asking when to increase weight. This poster has a trainer too. So with that said it won't surprise me to see a do your own program not really go anywhere in weight.

Ah, gotcha.

Also I wasted my newbie lifting stage when I started. Did i increase in weight. Of course I did. I did stall out a lot on the way and didn't know about deloads. So yes it can happen. That my guess for OP lifting program. A made up by the user program with little results.

Nah, I do 5/3/1. I use the Wendlerized app for it (Android, not sure if it's on iOS). It's a basic program but I'm looking for basic result. Look a little better. Get a little stronger. Lose a little weight. I'm not training for contest prep or whatever. I'm trying to end up 200lbs 20% body fat. I do the periodization template for the accessories. I leave out the squat day. Hurts my knees and I never made great progress so I just ride my bike one day extra instead following the "do something you enjoy" philosophy of exercise or some weeks just do a second deadlift day. I only have the bench, bars, and power tower to work with. I don't have access to cable machines etc.
    So you do a program and not follow it. You are aware that Wendler says to not do that right?

Are you referring to the squats? I dunno. It is what it is. They hurt my knees. If one squat session makes THAT much of a difference vs deadlifting or just skipping it then so be it, my progress with my lower body will be slower. I'm not entering any competitions that require squatting so it won't affect my life much.

How long have you been running wendler?

do you mix in any cardio in your routine?

how many days a week to you work out?

do you train consistently?
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    3imk884bsrrj.png
    0m80d7qv2z0i.png
    xzih78stbidb.png

This is how I feel continuing to get notifications of this thread, and continuing to read responses.
    OP: what exactly is your plan now? You're picking and choosing who to respond to, and it would be very helpful for you to summarize what you've gotten out of the 10 pages of responses, and what you plan on doing now.
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    so I was on a call for like an hour

came back to ~100 new posts in here

someone aware me

I'm guessing I missed nothing
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options

I thought it didn't count if it was eaten off a kids plate :grumble:

In a perfect world, maybe..... :cry:
This discussion has been closed.