Was really fat. Now less fat. Stuck being less fat. So why?

Options

Replies

• raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »
    Saw this recently, seems appropriate.
    11188432_491192744370418_7534839529181382194_n.jpg?oh=be0bd684966ffb5cc3f6fd369b28a384&oe=55EA6C22

:laugh:
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    BFDeal wrote: »
    Yeah, that's why everyone has headless pictures of their abs. And I said weight, not looks. Weight affects how you look, the clothes you can buy/fit in, and even the exercises you can do. Running at 200lbs is easier than 230. Biking. Pull-ups. Stamina. Even down to the amount of muscle you can build. Why is everyone trying to be 10% body fat? So they can bulk.

Some of these are lame excuses. The ability to run or do pull-ups isn't determined by how much you weigh. If you want to run, go run. If you want to do pull-ups, work on doing pull-ups. You don't do pull-ups by waiting until you get "light enough" and you certainly don't do them by crying about being too heavy. Get stronger.

I didn't say I don't run or can't. I said it will be easier. I'd be fast. My pace would be better. I'd be able to go for longer. And "get stronger" is another vague piece of advice. OK. So how specifically? If I can't lift myself I can't lift myself. It's not going to magically happen.

This is information that literally took me less than a minute to find once I decided to stop making excuses (I couldn't do pull-ups at 270 lbs, nor could I do them at 190 lbs, because that's not how it works), got off my *kitten*, and did something about it.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    OP - still waiting for your lifting regimen and if it is a structured program...???

^^Yep. Find it hard to believe that he's been "lifting for years" without any strength gains or progress at all.

Well that what I call doing your own program. It can happen.

So he's just been picking up the same weights for years? What would be the point of lifting if you're not going to increase your weight?

Well not exactly but some people don't know when you progress in weight. There was a thread about that today with someone lifting 12 reps then got to 25 reps asking when to increase weight. This poster has a trainer too. So with that said it won't surprise me to see a do your own program not really go anywhere in weight.

Ah, gotcha.

Also I wasted my newbie lifting stage when I started. Did i increase in weight. Of course I did. I did stall out a lot on the way and didn't know about deloads. So yes it can happen. That my guess for OP lifting program. A made up by the user program with little results.

Nah, I do 5/3/1. I use the Wendlerized app for it (Android, not sure if it's on iOS). It's a basic program but I'm looking for basic result. Look a little better. Get a little stronger. Lose a little weight. I'm not training for contest prep or whatever. I'm trying to end up 200lbs 20% body fat. I do the periodization template for the accessories. I leave out the squat day. Hurts my knees and I never made great progress so I just ride my bike one day extra instead following the "do something you enjoy" philosophy of exercise or some weeks just do a second deadlift day. I only have the bench, bars, and power tower to work with. I don't have access to cable machines etc.
    So you do a program and not follow it. You are aware that Wendler says to not do that right?
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    If squats hurt your knees, you're doing them wrong.

I have Psoriatic Arthritis, and I do squats. My knees are one of my worst joints, btw. I've done 100 squats in one day with resistance bands to correct a problem with my form that I have when I do them with weights.

Stop making excuses.
  • PeachyCarol
    Options

I have Psoriatic Arthritis, and I do squats. My knees are one of my worst joints, btw. I've done 100 squats in one day with resistance bands to correct a problem with my form that I have when I do them with weights.

Stop making excuses.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options

draznyth wrote: »
    so this thread is way more boring than I expected

pl2nsHw.gif

mc1lq5cidbgl.jpg

Omg! I love this!
  • PeachyCarol
    Options

Stop making excuses.

This. I had arthroscopic microfracture surgery on my knees a little over a year ago. My knees do ache from time to time. What makes them feel better? After I squat.

Yup. Squatting builds up all those lovely muscles that support those bad knees (along with other muscles too). They're my favorite exercise. I even do body weight squats while I brush my teeth because I've become so addicted to how much better they make my knees feel.

Google is your friend. So is youtube. Learn how to use proper form. The trick to squatting is to keep your weight back through your heels, not your on your toes.

• Whittedo
    Whittedo Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Trust me, you aren't special. If you aren't losing weight, it is because you are eating too much to lose weight.

That says it all, I can stop reading this thread now. ByeBye

• LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    So two people who think that subbing in an extra deadlifting day instead of squats is the deal breaker in my quest for fitness. Anyone else? Let's get some more votes.

After 8 PAGES of responses with people giving you advice (many of them repeating what they have told you time after time), THIS is your only takeaway??

• LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    So two people who think that subbing in an extra deadlifting day instead of squats is the deal breaker in my quest for fitness. Anyone else? Let's get some more votes.

After 8 PAGES of responses with people giving you advice (many of them repeating what they have told you time after time), THIS is your only takeaway??
    LOL the last few responses were specifically about my lifting routine. It's relevant.

Do you log your lifting progression? What does that aspect look like?
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options

I think you need to put up or shut up.
    Preferrably shut up.

Page after page of advice in so many *kitten* threads and many a PM.
    and you're still *kitten* whining.
    you aren't going to listen to advice whether it's on squats or counting calories or this or that.
    So just go away already.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

Stop making excuses.

Huh? I find it unpleasant so I choose not to do it. That's not an excuse. I just choose to not squat. I do something else instead. I get it. Squats are God. Everyone repeat it 10,000 times in unison.

Excuse (def.) - attempt to lessen the blame attaching to (a fault or offense); seek to defend or justify.

example - You are expending more energy making excuses than training.

:)

Results are what you'll get when you stop making excuses.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options

I think you need to put up or shut up.
    Preferrably shut up.

Page after page of advice in so many *kitten* threads and many a PM.
    and you're still *kitten* whining.
    you aren't going to listen to advice whether it's on squats or counting calories or this or that.
    So just go away already.

Damn. Owned twice in one thread.

The-Rock-Clapping-Reaction-Gif.gif
This discussion has been closed.