Was really fat. Now less fat. Stuck being less fat. So why?

Options

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    keola64 wrote: »
    usmcmp wrote: »
    ktekc wrote: »
    1800 might be to much for you now that you have lost so much. Have you tried refreshing your goals recently? Sometimes mfp changes it as you lose but I've had to manually redo mine a few times.

A 230 pound male doesn't need less than 1800.

Are you kidding me? So if a 5'5 man at 40% body fat that sits on his *kitten* all day would need more calories than 1800? You full specs before you spit out your opinion about how much calories should be taken in daily! If he was 230 pound at 6% BF I'd agree but seriously? Lack full information on the person you can't make assumptions like that.
    I know his history, his height, his activity level and his body fat. I'm not spitting out opinion, I'm telling you from a very educated standpoint that the OP shouldn't be eating 1800 calories. Excuse me for making it a blanket statement, this post isn't about all men it's about the person who started it. I have the information, you're the one assuming.

You stated that a 230 pound man doesn't need to eat under 1800 calories! How is one supposed to take that? You didn't put statistics in only a brief statement that would be taken in the context you stated it in.

Well, this thread was started about one specific man and the comment I was replying to was about him. It's pretty easy to see that I meant the OP, not all men. You were the ONLY person in this thread to think I made the comment about all men.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    1800 might be to much for you now that you have lost so much. Have you tried refreshing your goals recently? Sometimes mfp changes it as you lose but I've had to manually redo mine a few times.

Are you kidding me? So if a 5'5 man at 40% body fat that sits on his *kitten* all day would need more calories than 1800? You full specs before you spit out your opinion about how much calories should be taken in daily! If he was 230 pound at 6% BF I'd agree but seriously? Lack full information on the person you can't make assumptions like that.
    I know his history, his height, his activity level and his body fat. I'm not spitting out opinion, I'm telling you from a very educated standpoint that the OP shouldn't be eating 1800 calories. Excuse me for making it a blanket statement, this post isn't about all men it's about the person who started it. I have the information, you're the one assuming.

You stated that a 230 pound man doesn't need to eat under 1800 calories! How is one supposed to take that? You didn't put statistics in only a brief statement that would be taken in the context you stated it in.

Can't tell if white-knighting for OP or trolling a troll thread.

He trying but he's failing to if he is.

• PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options

IdioticHarmlessEarwig.gif

Well, this should go over nicely. Who wants to join me for just a single weighed out portion of popcorn so we can still lose weight like a boss?
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Well how long and how long will the 30lbs take. Everyone else gets there goal pretty quickly. It's a little BS to have to wait 2 years for something someone else gets in 6 months.

Really? Now you're just whining. Not everyone has the same journey. Science or not... sometimes the body just doesn't let loose of things we want it to in terms of weight. If you are eating over your goal and you're "starving" at 1800 calories, you're clearly not eating the right foods. Try going to a low carb, high fat diet and STICKING with your calories. Eat lots of fruits and veggies, drink a ton of water, and stop stressing your body out with thoughts and demands of "you should be at goal already, why are you treating me this way?" Your body will repay you in kind to however you treat it.

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options

IdioticHarmlessEarwig.gif

Well, this should go over nicely. Who wants to join me for just a single weighed out portion of popcorn so we can still lose weight like a boss?

What is even the point of life if all you can eat is one serving of popcorn?! That's like, hardly any popcorn!

What a joke.

xT2sH29.gif
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    Maybe we could move forward if we start a GoFundMe for BFDeal to see a doctor?
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »

Or maybe one of those White House petitions?
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options

lul
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
  • terar21
    terar21 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    You know you've done really well and lost a huge amount

But what I think is a lot harsher, because when I first visited the forums you were this endlessly pessimistic voice taking huge amounts of advice from very intelligent posters and just ignoring everything , and I doubt a single thing will have changed

...I think you should quite whining and making your excuses and just knuckle down and do the things you've been told to do ad nauseum by people like MrM ...I remember him telling you to go to the doctor and get tested, I remember you saying you would make an appointment ...and here you are talking about making an appointment; talking about your life starting at a certain scale number

Your life has already started mate, you need to start making the most of the life you've got because nothing is waiting for you to get your act in gear, it's just carrying on around you

This.

And the constant dismissal of valid advice and never following through with any suggestions while holding a ridiculously pessimistic attitude tells me that the lack of progress is self inflicted. If he can't even honestly process the advice of others strictly based off the fact that they aren't / haven't been as big as he started, then I have great doubts about the level of honesty he has with himself. You can say you do everything perfect all you want but if you're so jaded that you've convinced yourself of this when it isn't the honest truth, then it's just chasing your tail.

OP, I honestly think you stuck to a good game plan, succeeded, and got frustrated over time and fell out of touch with reality (it just happens from time to time with many people...those with both a lot and a little to lose). Now you just look for excuses instead of trying suggestions. Just listen to what people have to say and give it a try for more than a week before you say they are wrong. Heck, even just pick ONE suggestion to actually stick to before writing it all off. What can it hurt? If you aren't making progress, what will be changing? Nothing. You'll either be maintaining while ignoring advice or maintaining while taking advice. But you never know until you actually try something. Doctor...diet break...something...

Of course - you'll probably just tell me I'm wrong as I'm a woman that wasn't as overweight as you to begin with.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options

Or maybe one of those White House petitions?

If either will make him go away, I'm in.
    sofaking6 wrote: »

Can't tell if white-knighting for OP or trolling a troll thread.

white-knighting.

• Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    OP what type of cheese do you want with that whine. :D
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options

No, how about a free trial of my new weight loss program: "Clean Up After Puking Kid"? Guaranteed* to suppress appetite and help shed those unwanted pounds in 2 days or less!

*Results may vary based on individual results and whether or not one possesses a strong stomach. Non-refundable.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    OP - still waiting for your lifting regimen and if it is a structured program...???
  • Db8688
    Db8688 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I usually get stuck around 20-30 lbs from my goal. The last time I really pushed - PX90 plus dropping my calories by 100 each week or 2. This kept me losing but as my calorie count reached 1000 along with the challenging workouts 5-6 days per week I began to feel exhausted all the time. I gave up and quit exercising. I gained an additional 20 lbs. over the course of 6 months. Now I'm trying different eating plans to see if I can get the weight coming off again plus I'm back to exercising at least 4 days a week for 45-60 mins each session. 2 days of weights and 2 days of high cardio. I plan to eat less meat and more plant based to see how my body reacts. I've been following a fruit until 5 plan now for 3 days and I've lost 2lbs. Our bodies get used to doing and eating a certain way so we have to vary our routines somewhat from time to time. Just my thoughts....
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    OP - still waiting for your lifting regimen and if it is a structured program...???

^^Yep. Find it hard to believe that he's been "lifting for years" without any strength gains or progress at all.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Db8688 wrote: »
    I usually get stuck around 20-30 lbs from my goal. The last time I really pushed - PX90 plus dropping my calories by 100 each week or 2. This kept me losing but as my calorie count reached 1000 along with the challenging workouts 5-6 days per week I began to feel exhausted all the time. I gave up and quit exercising. I gained an additional 20 lbs. over the course of 6 months. Now I'm trying different eating plans to see if I can get the weight coming off again plus I'm back to exercising at least 4 days a week for 45-60 mins each session. 2 days of weights and 2 days of high cardio. I plan to eat less meat and more plant based to see how my body reacts. I've been following a fruit until 5 plan now for 3 days and I've lost 2lbs. Our bodies get used to doing and eating a certain way so we have to vary our routines somewhat from time to time. Just my thoughts....

no, they don't.

You just need a consistent calorie deficit and you will lose weight.

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    We will all be waiting a long time

1361433874711.jpg
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

^^Yep. Find it hard to believe that he's been "lifting for years" without any strength gains or progress at all.

Well that what I call doing your own program. It can happen.
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    so this thread is way more boring than I expected
This discussion has been closed.