Was really fat. Now less fat. Stuck being less fat. So why?

Options

Replies

• PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    BFDeal wrote: »
    These seems to be a thing people don't talk about much. You see plenty of people who are 5lbs from goal freaking out because they can't lose the last 5lbs. You also see plenty of people lining up to help them, especially if the OP is a woman nearing tiny bikini progress photo status. You don't see a lot of explanations of why someone heavy who's lost weight but is stuck still pretty heavy can't lose weight. So, ideas? Anything logical? I used to weigh 365lbs. Lost to 230 not even counting calories accurately (estimates). Went off my low carb plan. Gained to 250. Counted calories down to 230. Stuck again. Cut calories down to a bonkers starving 1800. Lost some. Then boom, back up over one week.

Here's the graph: https://trendweight.com/u/f8ef80f0071149/

So, anyone else experience this? Any advice? Yeah yeah. Go to the doctor. I'm squeezing an appointment in Thursday but I am experience no other health related symptoms other than the complete inability to lose weight and actually eat a human sized amount of food.

You use this line all the time. a) it's incorrect and b) it belies what a bitter sexist you are.

You don't get the answers you want because you shoot down and make excuses for every suggestion and help people offer. You have easily the worst attitude of any regular poster I've ever seen and until you work on that first and foremost very little is going to change for you. I don't know why anyone bothers to help you anymore.

Oh and I reported this thread for trolling.

Spot on.

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    draznyth wrote: »
    so this thread is way more boring than I expected

Yeah wasn't like yesterday.
  • PeachyCarol
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »
    Holler back when the doctor has the results of your bloodwork. The answer will probably be there.

Or when he starts logging accurately and consistently.

And exercising consistently.
    And applying himself consistently.
    And realizing it takes effort consistently.

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    OP - still waiting for your lifting regimen and if it is a structured program...???

^^Yep. Find it hard to believe that he's been "lifting for years" without any strength gains or progress at all.

Well that what I call doing your own program. It can happen.

So he's just been picking up the same weights for years? What would be the point of lifting if you're not going to increase your weight?
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options

pl2nsHw.gif
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    OP - still waiting for your lifting regimen and if it is a structured program...???

^^Yep. Find it hard to believe that he's been "lifting for years" without any strength gains or progress at all.

So he's just been picking up the same weights for years? What would be the point of lifting if you're not going to increase your weight?

Well not exactly but some people don't know when you progress in weight. There was a thread about that today with someone lifting 12 reps then got to 25 reps asking when to increase weight. This poster has a trainer too. So with that said it won't surprise me to see a do your own program not really go anywhere in weight.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options

What's the point of him asking for advice if he's never going to follow it?

I think his workout program is: 1 rep of writing post asking for advice, 5 reps refuting advice, 8 reps comparing himself to others, rest.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options

Well not exactly but some people don't know when you progress in weight. There was a thread about that today with someone lifting 12 reps then got to 25 reps asking when to increase weight. This poster has a trainer too. So with that said it won't surprise me to see a do your own program not really go anywhere in weight.

Ah, gotcha.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »

I think his workout program is: 1 rep of writing post asking for advice, 5 reps refuting advice, 8 reps comparing himself to others, rest.

Agreed.

He probably cools down with more whining.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options

pl2nsHw.gif

mc1lq5cidbgl.jpg

• PeachyCarol
    Options
    Regarding not being able to the exercises or not very many of them. I understand how you might think that if you're not doing all of them to their fullest that it's not going to help. I have just started working on strength training myself. Literally. Like I'm 1 day in. I've searched for some 30 minute beginner workouts on YouTube and was all excited when I started today. I quickly got to a point, about 2 minutes in, so right after the warm up pretty much, where I couldn't keep up with the video. So instead of stopping and getting no benefit at all, I altered what I saw into something that still worked the muscles and that I could continue in the video. I completed the 30 minutes completely winded and with my heart pounding. So I know that even my half-assed versions were working my body in a way that will be beneficial and as I continue I expect to be able to complete the moves at the full level in time. I'm not worried how long it takes. I'm only concerned about completing it as often as I need to each week.
    There would be 2 minutes of cardio between different things. Those would be something like a lunge then hop to the other leg and then lunge with that leg and hop back again. I couldn't keep up with the hop in it. I had to switch from each lunge just by stepping into it. And after a couple, I couldn't go down as far as I was supposed to. So I just did what I could where I still felt my muscles burning.
    I couldn't do the side planks at all. I absolutely could not lift my hips off the floor. So I stayed in that position and with each lift, I just gave my best effort at lifting. I didn't get off the floor, but I could feel the muscles working trying to do it.
    There were many other ways I had to adapt this beginners workout to my current abilities including doing fewer reps and I am not one bit embarrassed about it because I saw it through. And I will do it again and again for as long as it takes.

He already knows all this. His past threads have demonstrated the fact that he wants to BE THERE. He doesn't want to work to get there.

• yopeeps025
    Options

Ah, gotcha.

Also I wasted my newbie lifting stage when I started. Did i increase in weight. Of course I did. I did stall out a lot on the way and didn't know about deloads. So yes it can happen. That my guess for OP lifting program. A made up by the user program with little results.
  • PeachyCarol
    Options
    keola64 wrote: »
    usmcmp wrote: »
    ktekc wrote: »
    1800 might be to much for you now that you have lost so much. Have you tried refreshing your goals recently? Sometimes mfp changes it as you lose but I've had to manually redo mine a few times.

A 230 pound male doesn't need less than 1800.

Are you kidding me? So if a 5'5 man at 40% body fat that sits on his *kitten* all day would need more calories than 1800? You full specs before you spit out your opinion about how much calories should be taken in daily! If he was 230 pound at 6% BF I'd agree but seriously? Lack full information on the person you can't make assumptions like that.

Check yourself, dude.

Usmcmp, first of all knows her stuff. She's also been 'round the block a time or two or twelve with this OP before until she's blue in the face. She knows his specs.

• tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »

:D
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    1800 might be to much for you now that you have lost so much. Have you tried refreshing your goals recently? Sometimes mfp changes it as you lose but I've had to manually redo mine a few times.

Are you kidding me? So if a 5'5 man at 40% body fat that sits on his *kitten* all day would need more calories than 1800? You full specs before you spit out your opinion about how much calories should be taken in daily! If he was 230 pound at 6% BF I'd agree but seriously? Lack full information on the person you can't make assumptions like that.

Check yourself, dude.

Usmcmp, first of all knows her stuff. She's also been 'round the block a time or two or twelve with this OP before until she's blue in the face. She knows his specs.

Usmcmp knows a whole lot, more than most on this board, and has been really kind in sharing it with the OP.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    tomatoey wrote: »

Check yourself, dude.

Usmcmp knows a whole lot, more than most on this board, and has been really kind in sharing it with the OP.

Far kinder than he deserves IMHO.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    Saw this recently, seems appropriate.
    11188432_491192744370418_7534839529181382194_n.jpg?oh=be0bd684966ffb5cc3f6fd369b28a384&oe=55EA6C22
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

Check yourself, dude.

I'm not THAT smart, I just try to make the advice reasonable. No sense in giving someone an ideal set up if it is something they can't follow. Practical advice wins.
  • PeachyCarol
    Options

Check yourself, dude.

Cosigned.

• raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options

Check yourself, dude.

Agreed.
This discussion has been closed.