Was really fat. Now less fat. Stuck being less fat. So why?

Options

Replies

• MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    I dove into this thread, now regretting it.

Dude, the success story for the guy in the wheelchair someone linked to a few pages back lost weight and kept it off. In a wheelchair. I believe there was an appropriate gif following said post stating how hard you had been served.

If there's any reason why you are not losing the last bit of weight you want, it's completely 100% on you.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I swear if this thread lives much longer I shall make it close. You know I can do it.
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I'm having trouble keeping one heel on the floor when I squat or DL. It's like it just doesn't want to stay down. It's a new thing though. I used to be able to. It does hurt a little but I don't recall injuring it. I have psoriatic arthritis too. Anybody got any tips for that? I'll listen :smile:
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    BFDeal wrote: »
    If squats hurt your knees, you're doing them wrong.

I have Psoriatic Arthritis, and I do squats. My knees are one of my worst joints, btw. I've done 100 squats in one day with resistance bands to correct a problem with my form that I have when I do them with weights.

Stop making excuses.

Huh? I find it unpleasant so I choose not to do it. That's not an excuse. I just choose to not squat. I do something else instead. I get it. Squats are God. Everyone repeat it 10,000 times in unison.
    You just made an excuse for your excuse making. That's too meta for even me.
    Squats are a very good strength builder, and for the Wendler program, they're a cornerstone. If you refuse to learn to do squats properly, find a program that doesn't rely on them. Don't jury rig your own program around it, you don't know enough of what you're doing to do your own programming.
  • sofaking6
    edited June 2015
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    I swear if this thread lives much longer I shall make it close. You know I can do it.

Liar! Do it!

There are no gods.

I advocate this diet: 100 calories on Monday, 200 calories on Tuesday, 300 calories on Wednesday, then fast til Monday.

Please message me for important information about huge discounts on my last remaining case of Shakeology.

(PS please flag this post for the offense of your choosing :))
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    So two people who think that subbing in an extra deadlifting day instead of squats is the deal breaker in my quest for fitness. Anyone else? Let's get some more votes.

After 8 PAGES of responses with people giving you advice (many of them repeating what they have told you time after time), THIS is your only takeaway??
    LOL the last few responses were specifically about my lifting routine. It's relevant.

Do you log your lifting progression? What does that aspect look like?

The app lays out the program and numbers for you. I do fine for a while then plateau. Same with 5x5. I usually just lower the weight down and start lower and work up, repeat, etc.

Yes, I'm aware of 5/3/1 and it's progression scheme as well as 5x5. I mean, what do your numbers look like since you started to where they are now. Is there actual progression, is there regression, are you increasing performance, are you spinning your wheels, etc.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »

I have Psoriatic Arthritis, and I do squats. My knees are one of my worst joints, btw. I've done 100 squats in one day with resistance bands to correct a problem with my form that I have when I do them with weights.

Stop making excuses.

Huh? I find it unpleasant so I choose not to do it. That's not an excuse. I just choose to not squat. I do something else instead. I get it. Squats are God. Everyone repeat it 10,000 times in unison.
    Squats are a very good strength builder, and for the Wendler program, they're a cornerstone. If you refuse to learn to do squats properly, find a program that doesn't rely on them. Don't jury rig your own program around it, you don't know enough of what you're doing to do your own programming.

This.

I don't have a problem with people not wanting to do squats. But don't pick a program that involves squats and then skip them.

I also don't think that squats are the missing link when it comes to you not losing weight.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

Liar! Do it!

There are no gods.

I advocate this diet: 100 calories on Monday, 200 calories on Tuesday, 300 calories on Wednesday, then fast til Monday.

Please message me for important information about huge discounts on my last remaining case of Shakeology.

(PS please flag this post for the offense of your choosing :))

Trying too hard. You have to make it sincere.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    mrsbaldee wrote: »
    I'm having trouble keeping one heel on the floor when I squat or DL. It's like it just doesn't want to stay down. It's a new thing though. I used to be able to. It does hurt a little but I don't recall injuring it. I have psoriatic arthritis too. Anybody got any tips for that? I'll listen :smile:

I would suggest making a separate post for this, in the Fitness & Exercise section.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »

Stop making excuses.

LOL it's not my program. It's Wender's minus the squat day. It's saying, hey, this other stuff I like. I'll just leave this one leg day out and do this other leg day instead.
    So you called up Wendler and said, hey, can I take the squats off and keep your name on it? No? Yeah, it's your own program the instant you deviated from it any way it doesn't allow you to deviate.
  • sofaking6
    edited June 2015
    Options
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    So two people who think that subbing in an extra deadlifting day instead of squats is the deal breaker in my quest for fitness. Anyone else? Let's get some more votes.

Oh FFS, the stuff about the squats is a symptom. There's always something you can't do that keeps you from being consistent and focused.

Just man up and stop doing things half-a$$ed. You know what to do. You've been told enough.

Now you're latching onto another BS out and making yourself look like a victim because that's your jam.

I really don't need a crystal ball to see your future.

• PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

After 8 PAGES of responses with people giving you advice (many of them repeating what they have told you time after time), THIS is your only takeaway??
    LOL the last few responses were specifically about my lifting routine. It's relevant.

The app lays out the program and numbers for you. I do fine for a while then plateau. Same with 5x5. I usually just lower the weight down and start lower and work up, repeat, etc.

Yes, I'm aware of 5/3/1 and it's progression scheme as well as 5x5. I mean, what do your numbers look like since you started to where they are now. Is there actual progression, is there regression, are you increasing performance, are you spinning your wheels, etc.

How many waiting gifs and popcorn eating gifs am I supposed to post to one thread man?! Jeeze!

2pqkxnc.gif
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

^^This is what I was alluding to earlier. Count me curious, as well.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    mrsbaldee wrote: »

Look into trying box squats, and getting some PT for the leg. There shouldn't be a reason you don't have full range of motion.

This discussion has been closed.