Was really fat. Now less fat. Stuck being less fat. So why?

Options

Replies

• LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    BFDeal wrote: »
    So two people who think that subbing in an extra deadlifting day instead of squats is the deal breaker in my quest for fitness. Anyone else? Let's get some more votes.

After 8 PAGES of responses with people giving you advice (many of them repeating what they have told you time after time), THIS is your only takeaway??
    LOL the last few responses were specifically about my lifting routine. It's relevant.

You are extremely obtuse.

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Squats are uncomfortable, so I'm going to skip them. (I tore my ACL and MCL, plus I broke my pelvis, I still squat)
    Dieting is uncomfortable, so I'm skipping that too.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    So two people who think that subbing in an extra deadlifting day instead of squats is the deal breaker in my quest for fitness. Anyone else? Let's get some more votes.

After 8 PAGES of responses with people giving you advice (many of them repeating what they have told you time after time), THIS is your only takeaway??
    LOL the last few responses were specifically about my lifting routine. It's relevant.

Do you log your lifting progression? What does that aspect look like?

The app lays out the program and numbers for you. I do fine for a while then plateau. Same with 5x5. I usually just lower the weight down and start lower and work up, repeat, etc.

Yes, I'm aware of 5/3/1 and it's progression scheme as well as 5x5. I mean, what do your numbers look like since you started to where they are now. Is there actual progression, is there regression, are you increasing performance, are you spinning your wheels, etc.

I've progressed since switching back to 5/3/1 and haven't plateaued with again yet. My numbers aren't the highest they've ever been. Frankly they were much higher when I was eating and gaining to 250 (not on purpose) before I began dieting.

You didn't answer the question. You skirted right on around it.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options

The app lays out the program and numbers for you. I do fine for a while then plateau. Same with 5x5. I usually just lower the weight down and start lower and work up, repeat, etc.

Yes, I'm aware of 5/3/1 and it's progression scheme as well as 5x5. I mean, what do your numbers look like since you started to where they are now. Is there actual progression, is there regression, are you increasing performance, are you spinning your wheels, etc.

I've progressed since switching back to 5/3/1 and haven't plateaued with again yet. My numbers aren't the highest they've ever been. Frankly they were much higher when I was eating and gaining to 250 (not on purpose) before I began dieting.

So, are you switching back and forth between 5x5 and 5/3/1 or something?
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options

You didn't answer the question. You skirted right on around it.

par for the course
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    mrsbaldee wrote: »
    I'm having trouble keeping one heel on the floor when I squat or DL. It's like it just doesn't want to stay down. It's a new thing though. I used to be able to. It does hurt a little but I don't recall injuring it. I have psoriatic arthritis too. Anybody got any tips for that? I'll listen :smile:

I would suggest making a separate post for this, in the Fitness & Exercise section.

I was being a little bit cheeky :)
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    Squats are uncomfortable, so I'm going to skip them. (I tore my ACL and MCL, plus I broke my pelvis, I still squat)

And owned again.

This is a now a record for one thread.
  • sofaking6
    Options
    j32291qw4fv2.gif
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    plguu8u6w6oy.gif
    BM.gif 999.4K
  • sofaking6
    Options
    I-bet-you-would-show-him-your-tits.jpg

Well done, sir.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options

You are the most awesome of awesomes. I have the highest respect for you. I wish I had come to this place sooner.

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    OP in this thread:

TAiAo.gif
  • usmcmp
    Options

Jesus. Don't let me complain about doing squats ever again.

I didn't? LOL. I just said I skipped the squat day. That's not complaining. It's just making a statement.

That was in reply to me stating that I broke my pelvis and I still squat.
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I'm having trouble keeping one heel on the floor when I squat or DL. It's like it just doesn't want to stay down. It's a new thing though. I used to be able to. It does hurt a little but I don't recall injuring it. I have psoriatic arthritis too. Anybody got any tips for that? I'll listen :smile:

Look into trying box squats, and getting some PT for the leg. There shouldn't be a reason you don't have full range of motion.

Had been going to a PT for three plus years. Thought I could start on my own but now I'm remembering all the reasons I went in the first place! Anyhow I was being a little obnoxious. But yes, just ran through the motions with no weight. Back to basics I think until it behaves again.
  • usmcmp
    Options

You are the most awesome of awesomes. I have the highest respect for you. I wish I had come to this place sooner.

Nah, there are tons of people on here who have overcome lots of things. We realize that a bit of discomfort now and then leads to results.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »

I would suggest making a separate post for this, in the Fitness & Exercise section.

I was being a little bit cheeky :)

Lol.

Nevermind me.
This discussion has been closed.