Was really fat. Now less fat. Stuck being less fat. So why?

Options

Replies

• sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    ZVq46.gif

DO YOU PEOPLE NOT REALIZE THAT I AM AT WORK RIGHT NOW?!?!

*dies*
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Intermittent fasting. Do some research on it first for yourself, but I know several people, myself included, who did not have much to lose, but were able to get it off much more quickly with intermittent fasting. There are different ways to do it, but the 16/8 plan is what I am familiar with. It sounds crazy at first, but it gets easier over time and I've found it to be really helpful.

I personally don't understand the idea behind 16/8...isn't that just a normal day? If you sleep for 8 hours, aren't you not eating during that time anyways?

IIRC it's 16 hours fasting and then eating meals during the remaining 8. Anyone want to confirm/deny?

Confirm.

I do 18 fasting 6 eating most days. Some days 16/8. Whenever I get hungry for breakfast.

However, it's not a magic bullet. It just works with my natural appetite pattern. I didn't know it was a "thing" until I came here.

• PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    ZVq46.gif

Love that movie!

ATlhg.gif

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Intermittent fasting. Do some research on it first for yourself, but I know several people, myself included, who did not have much to lose, but were able to get it off much more quickly with intermittent fasting. There are different ways to do it, but the 16/8 plan is what I am familiar with. It sounds crazy at first, but it gets easier over time and I've found it to be really helpful.

I personally don't understand the idea behind 16/8...isn't that just a normal day? If you sleep for 8 hours, aren't you not eating during that time anyways?

IIRC it's 16 hours fasting and then eating meals during the remaining 8. Anyone want to confirm/deny?

I edited while you were posting this; found out that was right!
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    OP, I'm going to diagnose you with what Mr. Martin Berkhan refers to...

leangains.com/2011/09/fuckarounditis.html

Inconsistent logging (1 month period of time, days with 3x caloric intake)
    Inconsistent programming (program hopping back and forth with no long term progression)

That is... until you get the results back from your "doctors appointment".

This post wins the thread.

(With a special mention going to that Sims gif above that I can't stop laughing at.)

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    giphy.gif

It took me entirely too long to figure out that he was not farting.
  • usmcmp
    Options
    giphy.gif

It took me entirely too long to figure out that he was not farting.

I can't find the really good gif of Hentai Kamen. There's one that's a minute long.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    draznyth wrote: »
    so I was on a call for like an hour

came back to ~100 new posts in here

someone aware me

I'm guessing I missed nothing

We've now learned OP skips squat day because they hurt his fragile little knees. Other than that, same old whining...

he also appears to be mixing in 5x5 an wendlers

That too. (I have no idea what exactly either of those are so I say nothing on those ;) )

5/3/1 was built as a peaking program for powerlifters or people who have elite lifting stats.
    5x5 is a basic strength program.

There's also a beginner's variation made by Wendler. It goes 5/3/1 progression of the lift of the day, then 3x5 of the lift you do in the workout after the next workout, then assistance. Works pretty well.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    This thread is finally so many degrees of wrong that it's freaking awesome!

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Calories be crazy up in here.

mirror.gif

Stop eating so many.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options
    QFlWk.gif
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options

Confirm.

I do 18 fasting 6 eating most days. Some days 16/8. Whenever I get hungry for breakfast.

However, it's not a magic bullet. It just works with my natural appetite pattern. I didn't know it was a "thing" until I came here.

True. I guess I sort of unintentionally do this too. I typically eat between 11am-7pm, so I guess I could fall into that?
  • usmcmp
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    draznyth wrote: »
    so I was on a call for like an hour

came back to ~100 new posts in here

someone aware me

I'm guessing I missed nothing

We've now learned OP skips squat day because they hurt his fragile little knees. Other than that, same old whining...

he also appears to be mixing in 5x5 an wendlers

That too. (I have no idea what exactly either of those are so I say nothing on those ;) )

5/3/1 was built as a peaking program for powerlifters or people who have elite lifting stats.
    5x5 is a basic strength program.

There's also a beginner's variation made by Wendler. It goes 5/3/1 progression of the lift of the day, then 3x5 of the lift you do in the workout after the next workout, then assistance. Works pretty well.

Good to know! I have only followed a strength program when working towards powerlifting meets. I don't enjoy them, so I follow hypertrophy routines usually.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »

He didn't log at all for a month, then logged randomly for 10 days. IF isn't going to magically fix his problems.

Maybe he got confused and thought it was intermittent logging?

Everyone still replying to OP:

onyk4h6mv72g.gif

This one wins.

Oh my God.

Coffee in my sinus.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
  • raelynnsmama52512
    Options

I edited while you were posting this; found out that was right!

Lol nice! I was thinking that's what it was, but sometimes I can have an attack of the derp. ;)
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    gfqopiqngdqp.gif
    g.gif 499.5K
  • raelynnsmama52512
    Options
    This thread is finally so many degrees of wrong that it's freaking awesome!

How long you think until lockdown? :lol:
This discussion has been closed.