Cottage cheese ideas

Options

Replies

• amyers2891
    amyers2891 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I love it in smoothies in place of milk or yogurt. Gives it a creamier texture. I also like it with avocado, cucumber, and chia seeds :)
  • senecan
    senecan Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I usually just mix almonds or flax seed in it
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Pancakes!

1 cup cottage cheese (I use 2%)
    2 whole eggs
    2 egg whites
    1/3 cup flour
    1/8 tsp. baking soda
    dash of salt
  • steuartcj
    steuartcj Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese with some red pepper sprinkled on top.
  • Des0528
    Des0528 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I like my cottage cheese just with a TBSP of honey. Sweet and filling!
  • akern1987
    akern1987 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I love cottage cheese with pineapple! You can also use cottage cheese as a ricotta replacement in lasagna roll ups or in things like risotto!
  • aliciamunday7
    aliciamunday7 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Gaylea makes a smooth cottage cheese in a couple different flavours. I just tried the Nordica Smooth Salted Caramel and it was wonderful
  • vvento
    vvento Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I like to add cottage cheese to scrambled eggs when I cook them.

I really Love adding a 1/2 cup - 1cup of LowFat Cottage Cheese to eggs/egg whites in the mornings to make omelettes, gets you the extra fluff and feels like more with the added bonus of higher protein.
  • flapjack747
    flapjack747 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I mix equal parts yogurt and cottage cheese then add 1-2 t. Chia seeds. I've enjoyed almost all varieties of yogurt, but the berries and pina colada are probably my favorites.
  • kaytee003
    kaytee003 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I don't know if its been mentioned byt in Trim Healthy mama they have a berry cottage whip, its 1/2 cup cottage cheese 1/2 cup frozen blueberries or strawberries blend it uo and its like frozen yogurt
  • hmichaud09
    hmichaud09 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    1/4 cup of LF cottage cheese with 1 tbsp piccalilli or pepper relish and eat it with Rice Crackers
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    Some have already alluded to this idea but:
    1 serving of cottage cheese, your preference of fat percentage+garden tomatoes +dash of seasoned salt = summer bliss!
  • mufasia
    mufasia Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    IreneM99 wrote: »
    I usually just mix cottage cheese with a tablespoon of peanut butter but I'm looking for some new ideas :)

1 carton cottage cheese
    1 package jello (not prepared)
    8 oz container of fat free cool whip

Just mix it up and enjoy. Really good and tons of options to mix it up.
  • mufasia
    Options
    irisgal345 wrote: »
    For a really good dessert with cottage cheese here's one I love as well. In a blender add 1 cup cottage cheese, 2 cups of ice, 1/2 cup of skim milk, 2 tbs of cocoa powder( the baking kind) and a packet or 2 of stevia. Blend until smooth . Tastes like a Wendy's milkshake! High protein, low sugar and filling!

Somehow I cannot see it tasting like a Wendy's milk shake. lol. :smiley:
  • mufasia
    Options
    cottage cheese, with plain greek yogurt, vanilla protein powder, strawberries, and a touch of honey. eat alone or with graham crackers - tastes like cheese cake and is a great post workout meal. for something with a little more weight - try adding raw oats. Let it set in the fridge over night (oats will soak up any liquid and soften).

we use cottage cheese a lot in the summer. I enjoy it on top of a grilled hamburger with a slice of tomato or mixed into browned ground meat with veggies.

important - always measure/weigh it out. it's very easy to over indulge and take in too much sodium. ;)

It is easy to over do it on anything you eat. And you don't realize you are doing it until you actually start measuring it out. Like the Slim Fast Protein Shakes. In the past I have pretty much always been using more than a cup of milk. So I actually measure it out now.
  • elaineamj
    elaineamj Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Usually I eat it plain. But someone here suggested I make "ice cream". Cottage cheese and frozen fruit of choice. (pretty yummy)

I also make lasagna with zucchini and cottage cheese.

Will have to try the skinny spinach dip and adding cocoa powder.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese and crushed pineapple in it's own juice is yummy. :)

this is my favorite way to eat cottage cheese. But on toast is also really good.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    kaytee003 wrote: »
    I don't know if its been mentioned byt in Trim Healthy mama they have a berry cottage whip, its 1/2 cup cottage cheese 1/2 cup frozen blueberries or strawberries blend it uo and its like frozen yogurt

this sounds good
  • boofmylumpia
    boofmylumpia Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I usually just add a packet of stevia as a sweetener then sprinkle some cinnamon.
    Simple & delicious.
  • Mokikki
    Mokikki Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I like with diced onion, diced tomato and cracked black pepper