Online dating. WTH!

Options
191011121315»

Replies

• gypsyrose64
    gypsyrose64 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    "A few extra pounds" can be and often is 75+lbs overweight.
    "Average body type" can be and sometimes is up to 75lbs overweight.
    The only option "up" is BBW... sometimes it doesn't seem to fit either. There was a point where I tried using "not specified" but that didn't seem to fly either.
    Many are "actively seeking a relationship" OR even "actively seeking a husband" (WHAT THE ****!?!)
    There is a big gap between wanting a special person in your life that you can trust and trying to wed the first chap that comes along. Putting "casual dating" as an option just screams "wants to sleep around". You can't make assumptions on the few options those sites gives us to label our intentions. You have to dig a little to find out.
    Apparently people can get attached even with just a tiny bit of chatting. I'm expecting to get a message like "why didn't you answer my message" or "what took so long to answer my message"
    Some people aren't wired right. The internet gives some a false sense of intimacy. A few kissy faces later on chat, and you've got a stalker. LOL
    I often see face only pictures. That's fine. But don't post face only pictures and then after someone starts chatting then post a full picture and suddenly The average body type is 75lbs over weight.
    Ahhh, the "bait and switch" move.... yea, I had one guy claim to be 40 and 5'10.... when we met for coffee, he was 50 and 5'4"! (like I wouldn't notice?!)
    Maybe it just boils down to I'm not really into the hassle of going on dates. I see women that are from a town just a few miles away, but I don't like the town so I won't message. Or don't like the hair color, or don't like who knows what. There is always something.
    It's a lot of work. Sifting through emails and pics, and trying to figure out who is worth talking to.

I don't care how many pictures I posted, or how I labeled myself a few years ago, I could not win as an overweight, older woman. I actually got to the point of posting my measurements to ward off the ones that wanted to argue with me, that I wasn't BBW....only to meet later and tell me I misrepresented myself.

If weight and looks are that important to you, just write that you prefer someone "FIT and height/weight proportionate"....that should ward off the fatties. There were plenty of times I saw those words, and kept on clicking.

Just lighten up and have fun with it. Be specific and don't be afraid to say "this isn't what I'm looking for". It's a numbers game that I personally didn't have the willpower to endure anymore. Good luck.