Full fat or low fat Greek yogurt

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    BinkyBonk wrote: »
    I don't like many no-fat or low-fat items. Calorie wise, I noticed very little difference from full fat. I will spend the extra 20 to 50 calories to eat full fat yogurt that tastes much better.

Try twice the calories for full fat yogurt.
  • marthaelisa80
    marthaelisa80 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    hippytee wrote: »
    Vanilla's my fav flavour too, the low fat one tasteless, so I'm back on the full fat one now, Vanillas my favourite too, tried it with honey but way to sickly on the tastebuds. Will keep on with the full fat from now on, a little of what you fancy is better than none at all. Everything in moderation !

Mine has to have fat! Lol I don't do fat free in Greek yogurt. For me, then it isn't yogurt its paste! Lol
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I eat the yogurt i like the taste of best :D That happens to be chobani greek banana 0% yogurt. I put it in a bowl and add 120g full fat cottage cheese and 1tbs chia seeds.
    If i found a banana flavour yogurt that tasted as good and was full fat, then I'd eat that too.
    In this instance flavour rules for me.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I eat the yogurt i like the taste of best :D That happens to be chobani greek banana 0% yogurt. I put it in a bowl and add 120g full fat cottage cheese and 1tbs chia seeds.
    If i found a banana flavour yogurt that tasted as good and was full fat, then I'd eat that too.
    In this instance flavour rules for me.

I'm the same, I eat what I love, and what I love is Liberte's Banana Caramel greek yogurt, and it only comes in 5% so that's what I eat. Yum!
  • hippytee
    hippytee Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Banana caramel sounds lush, I've never seen it here
  • Christine_72
    Options
    Banana caramel sounds lush, I've never seen it here

Me neither! I bet it's delicious! ! I love banana flavoured yogurt, and the above mentioned is the only one I've been able to find. (Australia )

• hippytee
    edited July 2015
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

Either way- protein doesn't build muscles.
    And neither does body pump.

Finally- to stay on topic- I prefer a fuller fat yogurt- but in a pinch I'll use the lower fat if I can- I bounce back and forth based on calories and what I need/am willing to sacrifice.

Right now I'm doing a whole egg/egg white combo- when I get sick of it- I'll probably drop the full fat yogurt and go to a lower fat- and up my eggs to whole eggs.

It's all about checks and balances.

Protein provides the building blocks that help to make muscle. Protein should be included at all mealtimes and particularly before and after a resistance training session. Lower fat milk or low-fat plain yoghurt (which tends to be higher in protein than standard yoghurt) is a practical, easy way to consume protein after training.
    From NHS choices hun ( Uk's National health service official website )
  • hippytee
    Options

WinoGelato wrote: »
    Thanks all, for your posts whether being negavitive

Whether being negative or...??? You kind of left us hanging there with that incomplete sentence.

Trying to correct misinformation about nutrition and fitness being spread is not being negative.

Intentionally mistyping someone's user name, calling them annoying, and condescendingly referring to people as "Hun", well, that may be a different story.

• GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Either for me. I was using non-fat Yoplait for quite a while, but I log faithfully and always have a hard time getting enough protein. So now I am eating Dannon Greek yogurt that has more protein.

70044776.png
  • Christine_72
    Options
    Hit quote. press enter 1 or 2 times, and then type underneath...
  • hippytee
    Options
    Intentionally mistyping who's name did I intentionally mistype please and how do you know I was intentionally miss typing

Annoying yes I did find that person annoying as repost after repost to maybe wind me up ,, or gombe challenging

• hippytee
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Thanks all, for your posts whether being negavitive

Whether being negative or...??? You kind of left us hanging there with that incomplete sentence.

Trying to correct misinformation about nutrition and fitness being spread is not being negative.

Intentionally mistyping someone's user name, calling them annoying, and condescendingly referring to people as "Hun", well, that may be a different story.

And the incomplete sentence thing was because for some reason at that time and like now only part of the post is getting sent

Hun is a polite word here, it's just part of our vocabulary that's all I think maybe some either have a dislike for me or are getting the wrong end of the stick.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    Not having a go, but the only person who is allowed to call me hun or sweety or whatever, is my husband. It comes across as patronising.
  • hippytee
    Options
    Last. Post for me tonight to clear up the protein debate,
  • hippytee
    Options
    Keeps on doing this today probably having some issues like the rest of MVP over the past few days ,,protein regarding muscle

Protein provides the building blocks that help to make muscle. Protein should be included at all mealtimes and particularly before and after a resistance training session. Lower fat milk or low-fat plain yoghurt (which tends to be higher in protein than standard yoghurt) is a practical, easy way to consume protein after training.
    From NHS Choices website ( our NHS official website .

wishing you all a pleasant and happy evening,
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    Keeps on doing this today probably having some issues like the rest of MVP over the past few days ,,protein regarding muscle

From NHS Choices website ( our NHS official website .

wishing you all a pleasant and happy evening,

Why don't you describe what it's doing that is causing so many misquotes etc, we can help you figure out what is going on, as it's not happening to anyone else.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    All body in posts not happening right now , MFP still playing up boo lol

30711079.jpg

I suspect OP's English is not her primary language.

Either way- protein doesn't build muscles.
    And neither does body pump.

Finally- to stay on topic- I prefer a fuller fat yogurt- but in a pinch I'll use the lower fat if I can- I bounce back and forth based on calories and what I need/am willing to sacrifice.

Right now I'm doing a whole egg/egg white combo- when I get sick of it- I'll probably drop the full fat yogurt and go to a lower fat- and up my eggs to whole eggs.

It's all about checks and balances.

From NHS choices hun ( Uk's National health service official website )

actually carbs and insulin spikes are how you build muscle with your lifting.
    But protein is good.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Intentionally mistyping who's name did I intentionally mistype please and how do you know I was intentionally miss typing

Annoying yes I did find that person annoying as repost after repost to maybe wind me up ,, or gombe challenging

Every single time you addressed @prizepopple you typed poggle. If not intentional then it certainly was a consistent mistake.

Repost after repost? You mean quoting what you said for reference? I find that helpful to know who is being addressed and which specific posts are being referenced.

I don't know what gombe challenging means.
  • hippytee
    Options
    GreenValli wrote: »
    Either for me. I was using non-fat Yoplait for quite a while, but I log faithfully and always have a hard time getting enough protein. So now I am eating Dannon Greek yogurt that has more protein.

70044776.png

Is that the one with the fruit layer at the bottom, it's packed with loads of protein, congrats on your weight loss too hun, it's amazing,
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    There is some funny in here.
This discussion has been closed.