Going all the way on the first date.

Options
cbarn025
cbarn025 Posts: 939 Member
Question for the ladies. How many of you will go all the way on the first date? If not; why? If you do, do you feel that the guy will look at you differently and you won't be able to form a meaninful relationship?

Replies

• Tercob
    Tercob Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    No, I have to feel something more than just attraction. There is no way you can feel that after just one date. I did have a one night stand once in Vegas of all places. But other than that, it takes about 5 dates.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    I feel like I wouldn't know enough about the person that soon.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    /shrug I went all the way on the first date and we are still together now. If I wanna do it Im gonna do it :smile:
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    All the way to where?
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    It depends on what I'm looking to get out of that 'date'. I've met up with guys with the intent of it being a 'casual' affair rather than a "let's be bf and gf" type of date... if a guy comes onto me but isn't creepy about it, and he's either really suave or buying me something... I'll probably go along with it. :tongue: but chemistry is crucial!
  • loopylin32
    loopylin32 Posts: 63
    Options
    /shrug I went all the way on the first date and we are still together now. If I wanna do it Im gonna do it :smile:
    agreed. generally not but it all depends on the chemistry... and how many shots have been downed :)
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    All the way to where?

Over the river and through the woods, to grandmother's house! Duh.
  • whierd
    Options
    All the way to where?

Over the river and through the woods, to grandmother's house! Duh.

Someone should start a thread about how long they think the person above takes to get to "grandmother's house". Because we need more of those!
  • VeganCoco
    VeganCoco Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    If the chemistry is there it's there! I have no issues about sex on the first 'date' although dating as a rule isn't an English thing, so it's more like 'sex at the first house party/'movie night''!
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    if a guy comes onto me but isn't creepy about it, and he's either really suave or buying me something...

Do tell.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Yes there is exceptions , like buying me expensive gifts..plastic surgery , diamonds, or vacations ........lol

I'm just kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    It depends on whether or not I shaved my legs that day.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    usually by the time the first date gets there, I already somewhat know the guy. So, if there's a connection there and we are both feeling it, maybe. Otherwise, probably waiting...
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    if a guy comes onto me but isn't creepy about it, and he's either really suave or buying me something...

Ermm..

ETA: I don't have a rule about sex on the first date. Or third, or fifth. It happens when it happens.
  • whierd
    Options

Ermm..

Some girls get really excited about gifts.
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options

just yer legs?
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,721 Member
    Options

Shrug. Me too. And we will be married 25 years in October.
  • whierd
    Options

just yer legs?

Back too. *nods*
  • Dragonnade
    Dragonnade Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Depends mainly on if I know the chap or not. If he's someone I know, then absolutely, no qualms about getting down and dirty. If it's a first date with someone in a bar, I've half an eye on making it out alive rather than entering a strange house/letting a nutter loose in mine.

As it happens, I slept with my bf a few times before we ever formalised that we were dating. It really does all depend on the chap, the spark, how well you know them, and whether you've worked out if they're a fun-nutter or a dangerous-obsession-with-knives-nutter.
  • ms_leanne
    ms_leanne Posts: 523
    Options
    If the chemistry is there it's there! I have no issues about sex on the first 'date' although dating as a rule isn't an English thing, so it's more like 'sex at the first house party/'movie night''!

Must be an age thing. When you get older there are definitely dates and dating becomes totally different to what you have now!
This discussion has been closed.