Going all the way on the first date.

Options

Replies

• loopylin32
    loopylin32 Posts: 63
    Options
    nahh, we were talking about sex on a first date. thats not the same as shagging a complete stranger in a toilet! besides, risky public places are what u do when u have been together for a while n your ored of the same odl same old lol :)

She had mentioned hooking up with a guy in a bar. I was just giving her a third option. :laugh:
    ahhh , then i stand corrected ... gents loos it is !
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I'm starting a Yes/No/Maybe list. *leer*

I have a sneaking suspicion that list compliation was the OPs motive for posting the thread in the first place.....
  • blackgirlfit
    blackgirlfit Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Question for the ladies. How many of you will go all the way on the first date? If not; why? If you do, do you feel that the guy will look at you differently and you won't be able to form a meaninful relationship?

I never go all the way on the first date. No bs. Why? Because, first off, for me at least, dating is to see if me and this guy are compatible for a relationship. I wanna get to know him. I want to know about his family, his dog, his friends, I want to be friends with him first. You can't get to know a guy if you let him hit first night.

Do you get all your vacation benefits, sick time, and what not the first day you work?
  • Fat_Bottomed_Girl
    Fat_Bottomed_Girl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I only go all the way to the restaurant of his selection. -I was young once, but now (at 42 years old and never having been married) I want to be able to still count to the number on my bedpost if you catch my drift.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I cannot believe any of the ladies on here are providing answers! Inappropriate question in the first place. This is not a dating site.

You must be new here.

Yes it is.
  • whierd
    Options
    I only go all the way to the restaurant of his selection. -I was young once, but now (at 42 years old and never having been married) I want to be able to still count to the number on my bedpost if you catch my drift.

You know, I find this interesting. Most older women are more apt to not want to waste time.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    I cannot believe any of the ladies on here are providing answers! Inappropriate question in the first place. This is not a dating site.

You might want to think about staying out of the Chit-Chat, Fun and Games area. :)
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options

Wanna go for drinks sometime? You sound like so much fun.

Dang it I was gonna ask first! Ok maybe a threesome? I mean for a date..
  • xinit0
    xinit0 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Question for the ladies. How many of you will go all the way on the first date? If not; why? If you do, do you feel that the guy will look at you differently and you won't be able to form a meaninful relationship?

Someone's looking for a date... :)
  • whierd
    Options
    I'm starting a Yes/No/Maybe list. *leer*

I have a sneaking suspicion that list compliation was the OPs motive for posting the thread in the first place.....

Which makes him very clever. Well played, OP. Well played.
  • erikkmcvay
    erikkmcvay Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    lol my now husband waited 11 months to go "all the way" with me. No it wasn't our wedding night either, but I did make him wait until he proposed, this way I knew he wasn't gonna just sleep with me and ditch me. That hurts when guys do that because sex is more than just sex for most of us ladies like myself. After the guy I was with prior to my husband used me like that and then never talked to me after I gave it up to him. I was not gonna put out unless I knew the next guy was here for the long haul.

I wish more people realized the wisdom in this. Thanks for sharing!

As a guy I am often appalled at men (even myself sometimes -- in the past mind you) and that is why I've taught my daughters (and continue to remind my beautiful wife) men are pigs -- ALL men are pigs.

Sadly, sex has become a simple form of entertainment and with modern methods has little consequence other then damaged pride and hurt feelings.

I'm a firm believer in responsibility and honor, my wife is too :)
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    if there's enough alcohol involved, yes. if he sent me junk pictures beforehand and he measured up to my standards, I might just skip the date :wink:

I kid, of course. I have no set 'limit' on how long I wait. First date. Twentieth date. Whenever it feels right.
  • whierd
    Options
    if there's enough alcohol involved, yes. if he sent me junk pictures beforehand and he measured up to my standards, I might just skip the date :wink:

I kid, of course. I have no set 'limit' on how long I wait. First date. Twentieth date. Whenever it feels right.

You got Kik and low standards?
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options

I never go all the way on the first date. No bs. Why? Because, first off, for me at least, dating is to see if me and this guy are compatible for a relationship. I wanna get to know him. I want to know about his family, his dog, his friends, I want to be friends with him first. You can't get to know a guy if you let him hit first night.

Do you get all your vacation benefits, sick time, and what not the first day you work?

Actually I DID get my 401k medical and dental day 1 of my exec management position (bowing)..however I see your point. I am cautious as well. I HAVE done it on the first date but typically that's if the first date is down the road. Now I have waited and regretted it as well so I think if you get to know and actually feel a connection then its ok.
  • GnomeLove
    GnomeLove Posts: 379
    Options
    I would. Because I like to rock out with my taco out.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    No, I have to feel something more than just attraction. There is no way you can feel that after just one date. I did have a one night stand once in Vegas of all places. But other than that, it takes about 5 dates.
    Of course you can feel more than attraction after only one date. I've felt in just saying hello to someone for the first time. And, yes, it was real.

I have qualms about having sex too soon only because I tend to get attached after sex and I will overlook flaws I shouldn't because of all those lovey-dovey hormones and that gets me into trouble.

That said, I slept with the current man really before we went on an official date and we're still together (heaven knows how!) eight years later and I'm pretty sure he respects and cares about me.
  • cbarn025
    cbarn025 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of your insight ladies. My goal was simply to gain insight. I've been in a relationship the past few years and was just wondering what the dating scene was like. My friends always tell me about how they take girls home the first night they meet them. To the lady that seemed to be offended...It was not my intent to offend you. This question isn't really that different from one you might here in a college soc class. When I was dating though even if I felt a connection with the girl I didn't want to go all the way on the first date. B/c in my mind I would always have it in the back of my head that the girl is "that type of girl". ANd I wouldn't want her to feel like I viewed her like that. If that makes any sense.
  • erikkmcvay
    erikkmcvay Posts: 238 Member
    Options

Thanks for this post :) It's nice to see there are 'ladies' on this site! :)

(note for the other ladies, I won't quote all of you but I'm glad to see you exist in numbers here!)
  • Fat_Bottomed_Girl
    Fat_Bottomed_Girl Posts: 354 Member
    Options

You know, I find this interesting. Most older women are more apt to not want to waste time.

Did you just call me OLD????

I think you forgot something...

"You know, ma'am, I find this interesting..."
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options
    Depends on what we are working with :drinker:

TheEasyButton_zpsa009d365.jpg
This discussion has been closed.