Anyone gone to Mexico for dental work??

Options

Replies

• Emilie04444
    Emilie04444 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I don't think these posters think that Costa Rico is Mexico, just offering another suggestion.
  • LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Why does everyone think so poorly of Mexicans? The underlying racism here is quite alarming. It's barely a notch above claiming Mexicans piss in their beers.

Haven't you ever watched the movie Desperado?
  • Emilie04444
    Emilie04444 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I hope you've been to more than one dentist before coming to that conclusion.

I'd go to a dental school before Mexico.

Thank you for that! hahahaha. Pretty funny
  • Sean_The_IT_Guy
    Options

dental school isn't mexico.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    Im Canadian,

My dad and I went to Costa Rica and he got some dental work done there..
    Good quality, Great price. Fabulous vacation!

My brother had all of his amalgam fillings replaced with white fillings as well as any other dental work he needed while he was in Columbia. It was a fraction of the cost, and the work product was fantastic.

Yes, I am aware Columbia is not Mexico.
  • m76b
    m76b Posts: 1,498 Member
    Options
    I live in Costa Rica and yes... I hear about a lot of people for others countries who came for dental work here... must be good........... still expensive for the people who live here aaaaaaahahahahahahahahaha! :laugh:
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Sure while you are there throw in a noob job, tummy tuck and *kitten* implants.
  • blytheandbonnie
    blytheandbonnie Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    I had a crown put on in Puerto Vallarta. The owner of the small hotel I was staying at recommended her family dentist. The crown is still fine, I'm fine and the whole vacation plus the dental work was less than what I could get it for here at home. I did not have insurance at the time so it worked out well for me. I think I still have her card around here somewhere. PM me if you want me to find it.
  • Simone_King
    Simone_King Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    What kind of dental work are you getting done? If its dental implants 5000 isn't a bad price.

I paid about that for my implants.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Why does everyone think so poorly of Mexicans? The underlying racism here is quite alarming. It's barely a notch above claiming Mexicans piss in their beers.

Really, you're surprised that people ran in with the alarm whistles blaring on a thread titled "Mexico"? I wasn't surprised by those posts. Just wanted to let OP know my real reasons for thinking home is best for any procedures.

I think people think so poorly of Mexicans because they lump us altogether with the real bad latinos...like Costa Ricans. LMFAO. And the Mexicans from Guatemala and Chile. Cause they all look the same and are messing up the beautiful celebrities only while on vacay LA vibe by being all "overweight and hispanic" all over the place. (by the way I am a real life mexican and am only repeating the idiocity I have read on other threads about "my people". Not to perpetuate these stereotypes but to let you know OP that anything you read here you must take with a grain of salt because as has been pointed out racism of this sort is still alive and kicking and has reared it's ugly head on previous threads. So consider that when reading the replies to your post and analyzing for your mental consumption the opinions forthwith.)
  • Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    My brother went to Romania for dental work. It was way cheaper than having it done in the US. That was not the only reason he was going to Romania but the timing was just right.
  • ChastinMiller
    Options
    What surprises me is that while reading through the comments I never once saw "Well if you can afford to go outside of your country (fly or otherwise) then you should have no issue being able to afford any dental procedure done in Canada." Yes you might get a decent vacation but if complications arise which is a possibility anywhere, do you plan to go back to Mexico or pay top dollar to go to a dentist in your province like you should have in the very beginning?

If you don't like your dentist, I suggest looking for a new one within close proximity.
  • a_mandolin_
    a_mandolin_ Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Just get them all ripped out and start gumming it. Dentist visit problem solved for the rest of your life!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I live in Costa Rica and yes... I hear about a lot of people for others countries who came for dental work here... must be good........... still expensive for the people who live here aaaaaaahahahahahahahahaha! :laugh:

i regret to inform you that you do not live in Mexico
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

dental school isn't mexico.

Where I live it is. It's california. Mostly mexican. So yeah most southern parts of the US you're probably gonna be handled by some mexicans, or your tools or something. So might as well stay home and comfy and get good rest after. Why go all far away for something if you could find a good deal here? Really though, I'm not the "deal" type when it comes to any health care stuff. Don't get me wrong, I'm not looking to get ripped off, but just a fair price for what I'm seeking and yeah make it comfy. It's a whole mouths full of work you're considering, no?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

she regrets it too. :laugh:
  • m76b
    m76b Posts: 1,498 Member
    Options

and.......... u mad? :huh:
  • justwanderful
    justwanderful Posts: 142 Member
    Options

Interesting. The USA and Europe never had the custom of cleaning the top of a freshly opened bottle of beer with a lime, but Mexico did. Are you trying to tell us something? :laugh:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    I knew a woman who went to Mexico for a boob job.
    Hilarity ensued
    Just not for her

I know a woman who had cosmetic surgery here in the US. A tummy tuck. She died.

Luckily, I heard that story only AFTER I had my successful tummy tuck done here in the US. I lived.

(otherwise I'm pretty sure my family would have not trusted the doctors here. then who's left? the alien mothership hospitals?)
  • epie2098
    epie2098 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Find another dentist in Canada. Show them the quote your dentist gave you, and see what they can do to beat it. Don't go to Mexico for major work. Their health codes are not what Canadian ones are!