Replies

• girasolazul
    girasolazul Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You can totall do this !! Just keep it up... @nannersp61
  • taelwyn
    taelwyn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Joining a little late, but started a work challenge with Melissa W (who is in this group too). I need some more support and motivation!

Name: Laura
    Height:5'6

Start Weight (29th June):211
    Goal Weight (14th Sept):185

9th July:190.5
    14th July:189.7
    21th July:188.5
    28th July:
    4th Aug:

Weight goal for this week: 2 to 3 pounds
    Weight lost/gained this week: lost 1.2

I really want to get down to a healthier weight, I am finding it harder to work out or even walk with the weather.
  • izzy214
    izzy214 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Put on some music and just dance! Any exercise is better than none.
  • fourterrys
    fourterrys Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    thanks izzy-- Not mad at myself because I know I really did do ok with the choices I made- one of which was to enjoy myself. I was just shocked! And I think maybe my scale was a little off because I am almost back to where I was.- or maybe it was some water weight- who knows..... The journey continues :)
  • nannersp61
    nannersp61 Posts: 2,315 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    izzy will we be continuing on this thread or will there be a join group invite sent out.? Just wondering.
  • izzy214
    Options
    This group will continue, jump right in anytime. Everyone is welcome.
  • izzy214
    Options
    9b4242206e23c18454c70a556f59a34a.gif

Eating Breakfast To Boost Workout

"If you exercise in the morning eat breakfast ideally one hour before your workout. Most of the energy you got from dinner the previous night will already be used up, and your blood sugar may be low, which could cause you to feel sluggish during your workout. If you plan to exercise within an hour after breakfast, have a small snack and then refuel afterward." MC
  • izzy214
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone & TGIF!
    That means that we really need to prepare for the weekend. The weekend is when most people will have trouble staying focused on the meal plan. Most functions such as family Sunday dinners, festivals, weddings, mean great food and good times. Its the very thing that trigger that feel good eating and without thought, we give in. I my self will be face with this both Saturday & Sunday. I am very nervous and trying to plan a head to stay on track.
    I have scene the scale start moving downward again and I don't want to mess it up. So let us all plan to enjoy the weekend, but stay on track. Have a great weekend and enjoy.
  • fourterrys
    fourterrys Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Izzy- you are so motivational to us all. Don't get down on yourself. As you know its a long slow process. Hang in there!!! A loss is a loss and next week will be better :)
  • izzy214
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Thanks so much, but I am never really down. I see off moments as learning opportunities. I was down another pound and feeling great. By 9am I had already walked 3 miles and yesterday I walked close to 16,000 steps by the time for bed. So that's close to 7 miles plus I did a 1 hour of HIIT class, cleaned the hold house, mop and wax floors, cleaned windows, changed linens on 2 beds, wash & folded 6 loads of cloths, then did a manicure & pedicure on a customer. So my energy was really up and it felt great. :D
  • girasolazul
    girasolazul Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Well not such a good day for me... Diet wise..... Work functions around food are difficult to manage, especially at restaurants... (My company had a breakfast meeting and then continued to a lunch meeting) Thank God I worked out this morning.. Hoping for a better weekend...
  • izzy214
    Options
    b8d7dc3dd80e24c0ced0b7cfed70713d.gif

“Often, snacks aren't eaten because you’re hungry, but because you are bored or are simply used to munching while you engage in certain activities.” A better way to snack, is to optimize the timing of healthy snacks between your meals. “Smaller meals and intentional small snacks help you regulate your blood sugar throughout the day, avoiding large ‘feast or famine’ swings,". WH

• thomson63
    thomson63 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Betty
    5'8"

start July 3-205
    end Sept 25-185

July 3-205
    July 10-201
    July 17-200
    July 24-199

Well down only 1 but at least down. I am aiming to lose 2 lbs this week. I am aiming to exercise more this week, this past week was crazy at work and I am exhausted.

• thomson63
    thomson63 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    izzy214 wrote: »
    Thanks so much, but I am never really down. I see off moments as learning opportunities. I was down another pound and feeling great. By 9am I had already walked 3 miles and yesterday I walked close to 16,000 steps by the time for bed. So that's close to 7 miles plus I did a 1 hour of HIIT class, cleaned the hold house, mop and wax floors, cleaned windows, changed linens on 2 beds, wash & folded 6 loads of cloths, then did a manicure & pedicure on a customer. So my energy was really up and it felt great. :D

Wow, good for you, I am exhausted reading about all you did! You have way more energy than I do!
  • arathena720
    arathena720 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Name: Kim
    Height: 5'5"

Start weight 141
    Goal weight 120

July 4- 141
    July 11-136 (no, it's not a miracle. I was retaining a ton of water from really bad eating during my first weigh in, plus went from couch potato to working out most days.)
    July 18- 136 (blerg)
    July 25- 132 (yay!)
    August 1-
    August 8-
    August 15-
    August 22-
    August 29-
    Weight goal for this week - 2 pounds
    Weight loss/gain this week : 4 pounds
    Weight goal for next week - 130
  • megbugs
    megbugs Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Name: Meghan
    Height: 5'5"

Start weight - 259.5
    Goal weight - 159.5

July 11-259.5
    July 18- 255.0 4.4 loss
    July 25- 244.4 0.6 loss
    August 1-
    August 8-
    August 15-
    August 22-
    August 29-

Weight goal for this week: - 2 pounds
    Weight loss/gain this week : -0.6 pounds
    Weight goal for next week: 242

I exercised every day this week - Body Pump 2x, Spin, Step, and this class called Functional Step. I also walked over 10k steps every day this week. I think the loss is low because the week before we so high and included some water weight loss. I'm just going to continue on my path - weigh all my food, not eat my exercise calories, and continue to go to the gym - and hope for a better weigh in next week :smiley:
  • izzy214
    Options
    Way to go ladies, everyone is doing wonderful. This group really is a great group, everyone is posting and keeping
    up to date with progress. It helps keep everyone motivated. Thanks to all.
  • izzy214
    edited July 2015
    Options
    72f98d1c24faae580e7f527acce1c149.gif

So Sweet, So Dangerous

"Excess sugar is one of the most obvious weight-gain-causing culprits, and there may be larger problems lurking beneath sugar’s sweet façade. “The obvious issues are obesity and tooth decay, but sugar also increases your risk for type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease, hypertension, and especially fatty liver, which is a growing problem”.

Are You Consuming too much sugar? Consider that the American Heart Association recommends no more than 6 teaspoons of added sugar a day for women and 9 teaspoons a day for men, but most Americans consume more like 22 teaspoons daily. To give yourself an idea how much you’re eating, take the number of grams of sugar per serving in your food and divide by four — that’s how many teaspoons of added sugar are in each serving. One example is 1can of coke cola=9.5 teaspoons of sugar! :s

Interestingly, swapping sugar substitutes for table sugar doesn't necessarily add up to weight loss. For example, diet soda sweetened with aspartame has consistently been linked to obesity and risk for metabolic syndrome.

The problem with a diet high in added sugars is that it usually means that the diet is lacking in a variety of other nutrient-rich foods that would provide more fiber and important vitamins and minerals. Foods with a lot of added sugars also usually contain a lot of unhealthy saturated and even trans fats, which are unhealthy for the heart and generally high in calories. " WH

• 1214sarah
    1214sarah Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Date: 07/26/15
    Name: Sarah
    Starting date: 07/19/15
    Starting weight: 178.2
    Goal Weight: 155
    Weight loss/gain this week: 4.8
    Weight goal for this week: loss 2 lbs
  • xoxrobot
    xoxrobot Posts: 17 Member