WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY2015

Options

Replies

• fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I'm cooking my every 6 week veggie chili humongous potful. I sort of got the idea from Joel Furman'd book "Eat to Live". I portion it out in containers and freeze it. Then I have it for breakfast every morning. Sometimes I add turkey to it if I feel like more protein. It gets me from breakfast to lunch without being hungry. Has some tofu, veggies, beans
  • fiddletime
    Options
    Darn. I've either posted the photo of it twice, or don't know how to get it up here.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,622 Member
    Options
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    i]Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding . [/i]

Good Evening Ladies,

Terri, a huge congrats on breaking your plateau!!! Doesn’t it feel wonderful to see that scale move even just a little.

Heather, good news on your MIL’s legacy. We will all celebrate when you have it in hand. Sorry about your rental not selling. spock.gif

Janetr, while you got all the comments at the pool you should have told them they were welcome to join you. Good for not stopping. loopy.gif

Yannie
    , so sorry to hear about your sideswipe. Are you going to have to stay there until the repairs are done? Life never gets dull does it? Hang in there and know we are thinking of you. Hope the insurance pays for a nice hotel.

Gayle, I have the same problem of usually “thinking” that I’m hungry. It is better if I stay busy and even better if that busy is nowhere near the kitchen. Good luck.

Terri, you have to go 5 days without your RA meds???? That doesn’t sound right. I guess they worry about bleeding or something?? Gosh I hope it is not too bad. Uh??? I don’t know about that feet in the toilet thing, either. no.gif toilet.gif

Pip, glad the eyes are okay.

Sylvia, I swear you are a saint. Not only buying all the stuff for DS but then giving away your Quinoa that you bought for yourself and letting DH eat your lunch. What a gal!!! I need some friends here like you. hug.gif

We went to Carrabba’s for dinner. Not the best place for a low calorie meal. I had a plain steak without all that yummy, fattening butter on it and grilled asparagus. That seemed like the least of all the evils. It was DH’s choice of where to go and he rarely picks the place so I didn’t object. I had saved most of my day’s calories for it, so I’m sure I’ll be okay. My shoulder is worse again so going to go put ice on it. If not, I’m sure I’d have a hard time sleeping tonight.

Sending you all wishes for all your wants and needs to be met. rose.gif

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, smiley-love013.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • NO_Excuses_515
    NO_Excuses_515 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    17761776 wrote: »
    I want to thank all of you for your congrats yesterday!!!! I have a problem of feeling hungry all the time, have tried distractions . Any advice???? Gayle Minneapolis

In addition to all the other advice, make sure you are drinking enough water. Sometimes when you think your body is telling you it's hungry, it's really thirsty. Plus the water will help fill up that tummy.

Linda/IA
  • fiddletime
    edited July 2015
    Options
    "Sometimes when you think your body is telling you it's hungry, it's really thirsty. Plus the water will help fill up that tummy."

I've heard that before. Yesterday, 2 hours after breakfast, I was hungry so drank some water. An hour later I was still hungry so had an early lunch. A few hours later I was really hungry so drank a ton of water, cursed, and decided to heat up a half a burger in the microwave for dinner. In the microwave I found a bowl of veggie chili that I'd forgotten to eat for breakfast. Phewww. My metabolism isn't in overdrive! Also, I don't particularly like to drink water, so am glad I wasn't hungry today :).

• pipcd34
    Options
    mxwqokjd5rko.jpg
    fk63rz0cyriv.jpg

What I have to wear during the day. Not while I sleep or workout
  • pipcd34
    Options
    njaog3o6j8db.jpg
    fm1h2znfa5mn.jpg
    l9osjrifx1ev.jpg

I spared u the initial swollen really bruised shoulder. It looks really good now, except for the bone. Top back and front view
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Annr wrote: »
    Beth......do the Bill Cosby thing....he says all thoughts and ideas go to your butt. That is why you are able to go to another room to get something.....then forget what you darn blasted needed to get......go BACK to the place before...sit down then get up quickly...AHA!! It's because you have sat, and propelled the thought back up to your BRAIN.... So very scientifically brillant!!!
    Becca

Oh, that's good!
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    When I can't control the hunger I drink enough water to make my teeth float! By then my stomach is literally sloshing and I can't eat even if I wanted to!

• nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Bad emotional day here so I will just wish y'all a good night!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,962 Member
    Options

The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT.

1056287i3zmwzup2m.gif Stats for today:
    19,000 steps
    three hours of dog walking
    90 minutes on the exercise bike
    weight training

smiley-bounce017.gifjanetr, I hope you find a dance class you like

smiley-bounce017.giffiddletime, your chili sounds great and cooking ahead and freezing is a good plan

smiley-bounce017.gifDJ, plain steak and grilled asparagus sounds like a very healthy and moderate calorie meal

smiley-bounce016.gifI am very happy to report that I finished the second e mail that I put as one of my resolutions for this month.

253149qtzkf0ld22.gifBarbie from beautiful NW Washington smiley-happy020.gif

My word for 2015 is "now"---I won't wallow in the past or waste time worrying about the future

146200.png
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,147 Member
    Options
    Terri - thanks for the info on the Bellagio! I only have a black suit and not a nudist so we may have to go to the garden or walking. We wanted to go to the Pawn Stars pawn shop have you ever been there? We like to go to the Diners Drive Inns and Dives sites and look up places too! We do have a Deluxe Fountain room 510 sq feet. Italian marble soaking tub so we could stay in the room and pretend we're on our 2nd honeymoon!

Anyone else that has ideas on what to do in Vegas let me know!

Heather - sorry about the trouble with selling the rental! We had to drop the price of our house in order to sell. Maybe you could end up getting multiple offers then.

Gayle Minneapolis- drink a glass of water. Eat protein like peanuts, munch on veggies if you crave sweets eat a pickle or olives.

Barbie - yea! Weight training success!

Pip- that looks awfully painful! How can that heal back the way it was? I don't see how it can! Still praying for you!

Have a great night everyone!

Mary from Minnesota
  • pipcd34
    Options
    fanncy, it won't heal back the way it was. the brace is going to push the bone down but i'll always have the bump from now on
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Pip - isn't there some way they can set the bone with pins?
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,073 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Looking forward to meeting with Gayle and Toni next week. When you get back from Las Vegas it would be great to figure out a way to meet with you Mary. Mary hope housing issues are all settled now.

Pip healing thoughts.

Trying to go through shelves in the basement. One shelf at a time. I did take a break and met a friend for coffee in the afternoon. :heart: MNMargaret
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,368 Member
    Options
    Did an hour of spinning today. The plan for tomorrow is to do some water exercises.

Exercised, came home and had breakfast (I had some cherries before I went so that I'm not exercising on an empty stomach), went in the pool, then went to a new store about 20 minutes from here, Ingles. Lots of people were talking about it, so I had to see for myself. They DO have a lot of things, but they don't carry the low sodium cottage cheese that I like. Came home, fed the cats, then went to pick up velcro that Vince forgot to get. Only the gal wasn't sure which velcro it was and since he wasn't with me.... Then went to a few stores, home for dinner. Vince went for an MRI of his shoulder today. He's thinking its rotator cuff, but I don't know.

Heather - thanks for the suggestions about the cake/pie. I'm thinking an 8" pie plate, then turn it out and make another one. I'm assuming they can be frozen, right? Or maybe an 8" square cake pan, thanks for the suggestion. Yup I think that's what I'm going to do. Yea that your ex agreed! He hasn't gotten a headstone for his parent's graves??? Amazing Who told who about the SSRI's. Did your hubby tell the doc he doesn't need them or did the doc tell your hubby he doesn't need them? So sorry about your rental

Miriam - ((((HUGS))))

Lisa - what a lovely family you have!

Lenora - did you have to get a blood test in order to get your marriage license? We did. It's amazing now the number of states that no longer require a blood test. When vince first has his attack of tachacardia, we were living in the Poconos. The road we lived on made a VERY sharp bend to the left. Do you know that the ambulance didn't come up all the way to the road but was ready to turn around. The only reason it didn't was because I was standing in the street waving like a mad woman.

Mia in MI - have fun on your vacation! You know, I'm looking forward to meeting with Rori and Carol and one of the reasons is because I know the food we eat will be decent.

DJ - "went to exercise, went in the pool, went to senior bowling, then ceramics then mahjongg". Nope, that's just Mondays We're going to have a pool party social at our house at the end of August. We had one a few years ago and I was absolutely mortified that we ran out of food. Ever since then, I've been making something. This time I'll make a strawberry shortcake cake (mainly because I have cream cheese that I need to use up), and I'm thinking I'll make a few of these spinach/feta cakes in a square pie pan. The people at the social can have as much (or as little) as they want. Also, to save time for me...this is something we can have the next day, too, since I know it's decent on the calories. Yea for you being down. Dancing for you. So sorry your dinner was less than stellar

Mary from MN - have fun shopping (I always do) and then having lunch out.

yanniejannie - glad you were out of the car when it got sideswiped.

Sylvia - I don't buy much in the way of groceries at Sam's only because you have to buy such large quantities. But in your case since you can share it with your son, it works. How wonderful of you to give everyone the food you were saving for yourself. But then again, that's so much like you. Have fun at the Science Center

Gayle - I agree wth Chris, have some protein. It's usually a bit higher in calories, but it takes the body longer to break the protein down in your body and so you'll feel full longer.

Barbie - cute graphic of the weightlifter

Becca - well, *I* like your idea of including the KOPS

pip - you look so unhappy in that shoulder thingy. Guess you'll have that bump on your shoulder for the rest of your life unless you have surgery. Poor dear!

Michele in NC
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    MNMargaret - that would be great! I come down every 4-6 weeks to do girls night with my DD and get my hair done. I think the week of the 24th is the next time I will be down but can come down at other times as well.

Mary from Minnesota
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Busy day,spent most of the day with hubby,going to dentist.Was discouraging as the bill would be over 3,500,to fix what he needs.His insurance doesn`t pay much.
    Find out my youngest son is having surgery on his shoulder tomorrow,no,he didn`t let me know,I found out by accident.And of course I can`t be there,he`s 3 hours away.Not a good day.
    Found out baby Nathan is now breast feeding,the tube in his throat is out,he`s feisty,which is good as before he wasn`t doing any of theses things.They are working on paperwork and hope to find a liver soon.
    hugs jane
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Options
    Hi gals. Well it was another scorcher here today OMG. Tomorrow will be cooler and less humid. We emptied out the dining room tonight for the refinishing work that starts tomorrow. Needed the help of several neighbors. Our china cabinet is heavy!!! Other than that, nothing exciting went on here. I did manage 55 minutes of exercise.

Penny: you look mah-velous!

Michele: you are as busy as always!

Janet: I hope the weather is right and tomorrow is more tolerable. I can take lots of heat and some humidity but this has been ridiculous!

Sylvia: I think I wished you a happy birthday but if not please accept a belated one!

Joyce: you were thinking of 10K for tree removal? Holy cow!!!

Kim: I’m with you on the fracking

Heather: I must admit cricket fascinates me; congrats on the legacy agreement

Alison: get to feeling better!

Miriam: I hope you are feeling better by now too!

Lhannon: great pics! Thanks for sharing!

Toni: good for you to get back on track!

Mia: have a wonderful and safe trip!

Pip: dear god is all I can say! Sending you hugs and anything else you need! I’d want the PT

Janet; I may be able to figure out how to take a pic with my camera, or phone, but uploading it is another story. I’ll try after the kitchen is done.

Yanniejannie so sorry about the car!!!

Chris: I found that more protein helps me too, but as a diabetic, I am only supposed to eat 20% of my calories in protein, so it’s always a balancing act

Janetr: take care!

Carol: (((hugs)))

Ok ladies, it’s late and I’m heading to bed. Sorry for not being more talkative tonight! Take care, stay cool if you’re hot, don’t fall into the ocean if you are earth-quaking, and keep your head down in the storms. Take care, meg from saun-Omaha!