stats for the day:
    first ride after accident:
    slow ride hm 2 dome - 11.24min, 12.7amph, 2.4mi = 46c
    slow ride dome 2 hm - 20.22min, 7.8amph, 2.6mi = 169c
    total cal 215
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    @Cheri - wow you go girl. Good job on the walking.
  • janetr7476
    edited July 2015
    Options
    @Michele in NC - thank you. Jack is a wonderful guy. We had no idea all of this was going on. We would have taken care of it before his HS Graduation. Thankfully there is time to set it all straight for him to start college in a month or so.

Janetr OKC
  • janetr7476
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    doc called, x ray showed shoulder is fractured in a couple of spots. gonna refer me to an another doc 2c if ok to heal on it's own or surgery to fix. gotta go now, will type later

Oh not good. Keep us informed. Take care of you.

Janetr OKC
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Hi,

New to MFP. Just turned 50 at the end of June and am looking for support, encouragement, and accountability. My current goal is 25 lbs and then reassess. I'm married to a wonderful man, one adult stepson, no bio children of my own, close knit family, and have five 4-legged "children" - 2 inside dogs, 2 outside dogs, and 1 outside cat :# My inspiration is to enter this next 1/2 century with health, wholeness, fitness, and fun! Feel blessed to have found this site and looking forward to getting to know all you ladies!

Gina in Louisiana

Welcome, Gina. You are among a group of wonderful ladies. Supportive, caring andnd sharing. We're glad you found us. :) I love you're goals.

Janetr OKC
  • janetr7476
    Options
    @Becca can't wait to see it. Hurry up the bravery. :)
  • janetr7476
    Options
    @Barbie Beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing. You look terrific.
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    I think I am having a relapse. Feel like Hell warmed over. Nose started running again. Coughing still with me. I sure hope the medication starts to work soon.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,962 Member
    Options
    :) janetr, you and your hubby look great

:) pip, I know everyone is telling you to take it easy, but I've been where you are with everyone telling me to slow down and take it easy, and I've still overdone it because I have no idea how to slow down....one friend said that she was going to get a seat belt to keep me in a chair.

1056287i3zmwzup2m.gif Stats for today:
    24,000 steps
    three hours of dog walking in beautiful summer weather
    half an hour on the exercise bike while knitting and watching TV
    line dance class in the morning and visit to lavender farms in the afternoon

<3 Barbie
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Ladies,

Kate, I’m sure your stock will turn out great. I use mine all the time when I boil a chicken, which is often.

Pip, glad to hear from you again and that all seems to be going okay. Please keep us posted. No sling, eh???

Carey, I’m not a walker but 10,000 steps seems like an awful lot to me too.

Mary, so glad you are in your house. Now let’s hope for a closing or two. Enjoy your houseguests and your weekend.

Chris, what a wonderful birthday you had! I’m so happy for you that everything turned out good. OMG a size 8!!! Way to go!!!! Keep up the great work.

Terri, do they still have pin setters at some bowling alleys? I thought everything was automated by now. So sorry you got rear ended. Did you check the back of your car to see if you have a big magnet on it? My DD wanted to do pizza delivery in high school and we said, NO WAY. They are an accident waiting to happen trying to get them delivered in a short time. I’m just glad no one was seriously hurt. Hope your neck gets better soon. Good for you that you didn’t gain while away.

Janetr, keep being obsessive. And how nice that your DH noticed. Lol Your picture is fantastic and you look marvelous!

Kate, smiley-laughing004.gif

Lenora, many of us have a word doc or notepad open on one side of the screen while MFP is open on the other. I read a post then click my word doc, to bring it forward, and type my response. Then on to the next. When I am ready to post, I copy and paste on to MFP. I never delete my notes until MFP posts it in case it doesn’t go.

Vicki, what a bummer that they still keep calling DH and especially in the middle of the night. You might still have a way to go in getting to your goal, but I think you have done a fantastic job! People like you give me hope that I can keep losing. Keep up the great work.

Mia, great NSV to under-grow the clothes your friend is giving you!!! Keep it up.

Bev, welcome. You will find this a great place for support and information. I’ve watched what I eat for years, too. That didn’t work for me. Now I plan what I eat and have given up so many bad things that used to be a steady part of my diet. The amazing thing is, this works. Come often and chat when you’d like.

Meg, congrats on being a loser!!! I hope DH sleeps better tonight and you too.

Cheri, great walking!!! Keep it up.

Michele NC, glad you are back with us. I really commend you for doing the walking DVD. I’m the same way about exercising in the morning or never. Hopefully your weight is just water. Had to laugh at “sausage toes”. Love the joke, too.

Pip, glad you got to the doctor. I hope you don’t need surgery but if that’s what it takes then so be it. Take care.

Gina, welcome. This is a great place for support and information. Lots of us here are animas people so you already fit right in. What part of LA are you in? My hubbie is from Monroe, well actually he’s from West Monroe before Duck Dynasty got so big. Come often and post when you’d like.

Becca, WE WANT PICTURES NOW! Lol

Barbie, the lavender is gorgeous and so are you! Thanks for sharing and have fun.

Lisa, time to celebrate. The new job and the house/warehouse. Congrats.

welcome.gif to any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.
    The beach was wonderful today. We couldn’t ask for better weather. I hate to admit it but I’m a sun worshiper. I do wear lots of sun screen while hubby sits under the umbrella. He’s not so much a beach person but is good about taking me every week or two. Just one of the many reasons I decided to keep him. smiley-hug003.gif

Have a great day, my friends. rose.gif

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, smiley-love013.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • italy10548
    italy10548 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    @Pip - thanks, I did :)

@rosie - Well he is off with the check made out to the school for his band fees, so all should be taken care of shortly. Thank you, we are proud of him.

Glad to hear this. The high school will most likely hold off sending his final grades or transcript to the college until all outstanding items/ bills are taken care of. The sooner the better for your GS :wink:

Profile picture makes me smile.

Rosie
  • italy10548
    italy10548 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Exermom- about the transcripts :blush: great minds think alike. LOL

Rosie
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,072 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Barbie lavender what fun!

Sylvia My thoughts and prayer will be with you when you see DS ex. I agree the best approach is to be as matter of fact as possible. Strength to you for tomorrow. She has shown her stripes, and you know you cannot trust her. Is she aware you have read her post about you? Sounds like she was taking her anger out on you which is being a bully. I have learned with my brother when I have no choice to see him that I stay as matter a fact as I can. If I feel my self getting angry I either leave to take a walk and if that isn't possible I excuse my self to go to the bathroom. I know I cannot be followed there.

It is not looking good for us to have grandchildren for quite some time. If we are lucky enough to have them I will feel blessed. Meanwhile I sure enjoy the times I get to see my niece's children.

:heart: MNMargaret
  • janetr7476
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Rosie – thanks for the profile pic comments. He is truly the best guy ever :)

DJ – Thanks for the cudos on the new “obsession”. I am so surprised by it. I mean I want to exercise and I feel so much better when I do. Who would have thot it? First thing in the morning it just gives me energy for the day. I'm thrilled. So glad I found you ladies. :)

Barbie – thanks for the comment on pic of me and hubby. He's the greatest guy ever. We had such a nice time in Galvaston. Will be taking our next trip in early September with our good friends next door. We will take our own rigs and go visit Jack's Mom in the south east corner of MO and then spend several days in Branson/Silver Dollar City.

Lisa – so excited for you and DH. So many new opportunities for you. I'm sure you will hate being away for several nights. Good thots for all your new endeavors and (((hugs))) so you don't get too lonely. :)

Sylvia – what kind of drafting do you do? I worked for a civil engineering company in Southern California for several years. I worked closely with the engineers and draftsmen. Our team worked with developers of new residential communities.

Good night my dear fellow losers. Sleep well and have a wonderful Friday.

Janetr OKC

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,644 Member
    Options
    Margaret – is your son living with you right now? This is so tough, but glad you are “talking” it through with us! Is your DH on the same page with you?

Lisa – When the restaurant is working the way you want, you’ll have to fly Heather out to write a review – ( you have the skills, but what a fun way to met Heather)

Kate – I don’t clarify my stock, I just strain it through a fine mesh strainer, and freeze it in 1, 2 or 3 cup batches.. I never put salt in it, usually just the chicken bones and bits and a couple of stalks of celery, then I season it when I take it out, depending on what it will become.

Pip – Oh, I thought the blacking out caused the fall.. ok that makes more sense. Broken hun? Maybe there is a sling in your future!

Carey – I think the 10,000 was a number the American heart association picked, good marketing and a stretch for most from the states.

Mary – I LOVE cheesecake, but did very well, 2 1 inch squares for critiquing and sent the rest home with the kids, Today was apple fritters, and donuts… Not so good. Did fine on the fritters, but we ran out of time, so I ended up bringing about 100 donuts (of various sizes – the kids used my cookie cutters) that I cooked here. So they are sitting in my kitchen – NOT GOOD, I have had 3. But I am done!

Chris – I am so glad your b-day was a success! And Trinity ! what a great honor!

Janetr – you and DH look great!

Terri – GRRRR hope you feel better soon.

July Goals:
    Walk everyday –try to hit 180 miles 7/11 - 57miles so far
    1 plank every day and log here – goal more then 19 - 9
    Log everyday –
    Eat mindfully-
    Weekly fun things –
    W1 – Mom is here for the 4th, and we are going out to dinner –her treat!
    W2 – a new smart phone, my business paid off, a visit from an out of state friend
    Kim from N. California
    58855297.png
  • einsteinb
    einsteinb Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    i'm 57 and gained that extra pound or 2 with the age. Time to take it off for me. Hi, I am Barbara. I work at a freek call center so I sit on my butt 8 1/2 hours a day, then come home and die! I also have lupus. But, this week I haven't been that great at exercising, but I am starting next week again. I can go before work and then at least I moved during the day! I don't get to the post every day, but want to get motivated and stay there to take that 15 lb that i put on. Good to meet you all.
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    nice ta meet you too Barbara, Becca here. Im 53 and needed to lose a whole average evil 10 yr olds worth of weight. (About 75 lbs)... Time to send him away to camp already!!!
    Becca
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I aint gonna post a pic of my dress until I get shoes to match it...be patient!!
  • janetr7476
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Kim from N. California - thank you so much. If I had 100 donuts in my kitchen I would have roughly 99 of them downed by now. Congrats on stopping :)

Becca - Ugh, patience has NEVER been one of my virtues, (wish I'd hurry up and get some) but I'll try. I loved the dress. :)

Barbara in UT - Welcome, I there are lots of ladies here to support and motivate you. We all have different stories, but not one here to judge but to care and encourage each other. Your weight goal is your personal decision. I certainly understand that not losing after exercising and staying on track calorie wise is very discouraging. Hang in there, continue doing what you know is the right thing and it WILL come off. Perhaps more slowly than you would like, but it will happen. Welcome and jump right in.

Janetr OKC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Rosie in so Cal: I love the poster about worry. It is so true, but sometimes a person can't help it because the things they're worrying about are really scary. :flowerforyou:

Margaret: Your Grandmother's tatting is beautiful. I like it framed and displayed in the diamond shape. :heart:

Jannie: I think that a person should not have to have a student medical technician unless they agree to it. Seeing the aggressive dog at the dog park sounds awful. I hope the park is peaceful this time. :flowerforyou:

Janet: The pillows were a hit. DDIL loved them. Whew! Thanks fryer good wishes. :flowerforyou:

Barbie: Thanks for the hugs! :smiley:

Annr: Beautiful photo! I lost a good deal of weight after DD was born and looked great when I finished my diet. Then I went back to my "regular" eating habits and all the weight came back--with friends. I need the support for healthy living so I expect to be here a very long while. Getting the extra weight off is hard, and keeping it off takes a whole new lifestyle. At this point I'm liking the new lifestyle and endlessly grateful for this group. :heart: :heart:

Dr. Katie: Poor feet! They look sore in the middle picture. What did you use on them? :huh?:

Joyce: You're so right that we needed to do a thorough purge of things that have been on the boat for years. Some might go back aboard, but many will be passed along to the Senior Center Thrift store, or put in a trash bin :wink:

KatieKyl: I love the senior texting code. I plan to pass it along to friends. :laugh:

Carey: The recumbent bike is a blessing. I spent hours on mine. It is currently locked on a trailer and out of my reach. :cry:

Grits: I have a word document open on my computer and type my comments as I read. When I'm ready, I copy and paste it into MFP. :wink:

Meg: Congratulations on the loss! :flowerforyou:

Michele: We think alike! I don't like "Mary and me", either, nor "me and her went shopping." :devil:

Sylvia: I love the joke, but the punch line is the best. "What's wrong? I work for 7up!" :laugh:

Pip: The possibility of surgery is a worry. I'm sending good thoughts your way. :flowerforyou:

Lesley: I'm sorry poor Blaize got zapped by an electric fence. :flowerforyou:

Barbie: Great picture of you with in the lavender. I wonder about lavender ice cream. I can't imagine what it tastes like. :tongue:

Lisa: It looks like you're about to be in business! Good luck. :flowerforyou:

DS and DDIL are off on a sailing adventure and I hope they make many good memories. DH had an appointment with his MS doctor and was advised strongly to avoid the summer heat. His doctor said that extreme heat could cause a stroke. Yikes! That never even occurred to me. Thanks goodness for air-conditioning!

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

July Goals:
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on flexibility and back strength.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
    5. Eliminate alcohol.
    6. Monitor sleep. Try to average 7 or more hours of sleep nightly.

30881843.png