WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY2015

Options

Replies

• Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    checking in with you all.....((hugs))) We have been up in Washington State seeing the eldest son. It was hectic but fun! He is a single Navy guy, so many items I had to just hold my tongue. Nothing in the fridge, the bed he let us sleep in was not changed, no seating really in the apartment...sooo we ate out every meal pretty much. I didn't see the logic of buying food, and have it just get wasted in the fridge. I decided to "HELP" my husband by learning how to pump gas....and well pinched my fingers in the squeeze handle thingy....so in response I kept squeezing and yanked the hose out. So....my husband got splashed with gas, and I got a hurt finger.... Luckily there was the laundromat right next to the gas station on base, so he stripped and we did a load right then. The next day, we washed the items again... (with the funky sheets) so all was ok. My husband gave me that..."I can't believe you did that" look for awhile. Here is a pic of my sons playing with legos from 2-7pm (some great brotherly bonding time).
    67b19b52-df05-4442-b4ee-892f1aa149c8_zpsae8defbf.jpg

You all are doing maaaauvalous!
    Becca in Oregon
  • Annr
    Options
    they also played with adult stuff too.....My eldest sons scooter that looks like a miniature motorcycle... :-) The thing only goes 45 mph, so we chased him in our Chevy Spark, then passed him and pulled over, then he would pass us....and then we would continue driving until 5 cars would be behind us again....lol
    100_3287_zpstkuvivm3.jpg
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    @Becca, - glad you are back. We missed you. :)
  • Annr
    Options
    ok ok the dress pic....Looking at these pics...I realize I need help with the draping of the fabric around my mid section....I also need better heels of some sort. I haven't bought a new dress in quite awhile, and being 240 lbs, I just never thought I was dress material....but I am getting better in my resolve to dress better, and not in jean shorts and teeshirts...
    100_3285_zpsjatc9oo9.jpg

100_3286_zpslxsft6qh.jpg
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Sylvia no surprise I tend to over water plants rather than underwater them. I finally bought a water probe that tells me when I need to water. I know it has saved water and plants in the long run. I wish I had your pottery gene.

Gayle my son gradated from Harding High School. We are happy living in the Twin Cities, too.

Pip wow I know we paid more for our balloon ride ten years ago. With dealing with my DH I have learned men and money are not always rational. After what you went through in recovering from your injuries it will make a nice outing to look forward to. You were smart to wait and approach him about this at a better time.

Are you on the east side????? Beautiful day, perfect!!!
    Options
    Annr wrote: »
    ok ok the dress pic....Looking at these pics...I realize I need help with the draping of the fabric around my mid section....I also need better heels of some sort. I haven't bought a new dress in quite awhile, and being 240 lbs, I just never thought I was dress material....but I am getting better in my resolve to dress better, and not in jean shorts and teeshirts...
    100_3285_zpsjatc9oo9.jpg

100_3286_zpslxsft6qh.jpg

Loving the look!!!!!! Gayle Minneapolis
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    :::: lifting up my leg, marking my spot:::::

@pipcd34 - as in 'don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining?"
  • mikesmom1983
    mikesmom1983 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Confession time...I was really bad tonight. Ate cookies and pita chips. Quite a few pita chips. Haven't done that in a looooog time and I don't know what came over me. I think I'm tired so I'm going to bed before anymore junk winds up in my gullet.

Beccca...love the dress. It's a style that I would choose for myself. Wear it proudly, you look gorgeous.

Chris in MA saying good night
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,677 Member
    Options
    sluts - never thought of it that way, but ok.

annr - HUBBA HUBBA!!!! sexy look there!!!!

stats for the day:
    ride hm 2 gym- 11.44min, 15.1amph, 2.9mi = 98c
    spin- 35min, 82ar, 99aw, 12-15ag, 9.5mi = 324c
    ride gym 2 dome- 7.27min, 11.6amph, 1.4mi = 61c
    ride - dome 2 hm- 16.15min, 9.6amph, 2.5mi = 197c
    total cal 680
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,085 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Gayle yes we live in the Battle Creek area of St. Paul. I would love it if you could join me on a walk sometime.

Becca gorgeous dress to go on a gorgeous gal.

:heart: MNMargaret
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    @Becca- I love it, I love your hair too. So beautiful. You'll get better with the rouching, it just takes a little getting used to. Thanks for sharing. You look great. :wink:
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,384 Member
    Options
    Did 50 minutes on the bosu today. It was 1/2 cardio and 1/2 toning. Interesting, I'd never done this DVD before. Tomorrow's plan is to do a DVD by Bob Harper called Totally Ripped.

DJ - I'm really not sure why the jewelry store lady said that I didn't need to remove a link from my watch. I did ask her how difficult it would be to reinsert it if necessary and she did say that it wouldn't be that much work. What a wonderful doc visit you had. Such fantastic news, I'm so so happy for you. You're welcome to take a drive up here. Would love to have ya. Just think....you can see my praying mantis, my snail, my turtle and my ladybug that I'm having to redo up close!

Cheri - that video was VERY informative. Thanks for posting it. Is there a title for the video? I will probably want to refer to it again, so I'll probably write down the title along with my other crochet patterns.

pip - did the patch help you?

tuliplor - exercise can be hard to start doing, but once you get started, you in a sense miss it when you don't. Find a time that works for you. Some people (like me) have to exercise first thing in the morning, others can do it in the evening, others can do it during the day. Do what works for you. Start out small, maybe just 15 minutes of walking one day. Then increase it in SMALL increments the following days. Before you know it, you'll be walking for an hour. My biggest advice is to start small. janetr had great advice. I started going to the Y for aerobics 3 x/week, mainly for the socialization. Then I started adding in strength training. Now look where I am -- addicted

JanetMMc - way to go on the walking the stairs. You should be proud

Heather - I just got a grand idea for the pool party. Why don't you come over and cook for us?

Lisa - so glad you were safe after that falling asleep episode. I get tired when I have a lot of processed carbs, but that usually doesn't kick in for a couple of hours. Well, I just avoid a lot of processed carbs like cakes, cookies, etc. Which isn't a bad thing at all to do. Yes, shaking up your routine does really help with weight loss, so does sleep so be sure to get enough

hmmm...what happened? I see that pic of the turtle didn't post. It shows up on my computer. Well, I'll try posting it again, maybe MFP had a hiccup last night.

Lenora - I totally agree with you on how good it is to exercise in the water. You honestly don't feel like you're working....until the next day. Normally, when I go sunning in the pool, I do some exercises. I love the feeling of the resistance of the water against my flab. You don't need to tell me how expensive it is to keep pets healthy -- we have 4 cats. And if they need hospitalization/continued meds it gets to be even more. But I wouldn't trade them for the world.

pip - Vince was in the hosp. when we were in Switzerland and a few times he was in the hosp when we were down in FL. Jess has already told him that he's not allowed to go out of the country, even out of the state. That is, except to see her. Good thing she didn't know that he had an attack of tachycardia when we were in PA. But at least I know where the hosp is there.

Colleen - welcome back and good for you getting on here before you gain too much!

Yvonne - whenever I have a fasting blood test, I always take a snack and something to drink (usually water) in the car and eat it right in the parking lot

Meg - a friend and I were just talking about ants. She was saying that if you put coffee grounds down, the ants will not cross those grounds. Do you usually have a problem with ants?

Vicki - prayers that they find your gd

Becca - great dress, but you definitely need different shoes.

Went to cerampiyg9ft11eko.jpg
    ics tonight, got more of the ladybug done. Have an appt with the MD tomorrow about that plantar wart. I'm sure that's what it is. We plan to cut the grass so I'll come in early, take a shower, and then go to the MD.

Michele in NC
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Cheri - that video was VERY informative. Thanks for posting it. Is there a title for the video? I will probably want to refer to it again, so I'll probably write down the title along with my other crochet patterns.
    Michele in NC

The video is: C2C Rectangle Crochet with decrease instructions by Lisa Burgh on You Tube and it is VERY informative and it works! You can see on the right lower corner of the afghan how I have stopped the increase causing a straight side. On the other end of the diagonal row I am still increasing which is making the afghan continue to grow in length but not width! I love this pattern! <3 Love your turtle! :) I have often thought of going to the local ceramics studio....

Cheri in Ohio

do3rf677b580.jpg

• bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    Carol ... I'm really saddened by the behavior of your boss/pastor.

Becca ... The dress shows off your figure and your confidence. The dress naturally tapers to your ankles so I would think a strappy, sexy shoe with a heel would look fantastic.

A very stressful day here. Older son is struggling with mental health issues and it was touch and go for awhile. But I stayed on track with calories and spent the evening daylight hours pulling weeds. Now for some yogurt and berries and then bed.

Beth
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,974 Member
    Options
    @janetr7476 , love the pictures of your RV....we had three different RV's in five years and loved them all...now I'm happy to stay home.

@Annr --lovely dress and lovely you

@exermom --the turtle is great...I'm glad you posted the picture

1056287i3zmwzup2m.gif Stats for today:
    23,000 steps
    three hours of dog walking
    50 minutes on the exercise bike while knitting and watching TV
    two hour intermediate line dance class
    nap with hubby and the pets

253149qtzkf0ld22.gifBarbie from beautiful NW Washington smiley-happy020.gif
  • iwork925
    iwork925 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm a newbie but count me in for July!
  • Annr
    Options
    aw thanks ladies! I am thinking a kind of open toe modest high heel shoe... in the same dark blue.
    http://www.modcloth.com/shop/shoes-heels/i-m-sew-excited-heel-in-navy
  • Annr
    Options
    WAIT ......those are three inch heels.....scrap that style!!!!
  • Annr
    Options
    http://www.beallsflorida.com/online/easy-street-chiffon-womens-pointed-toe-pumps?color=NAVY

How many of you have worn a pointed toe pump? Isn't that pointed part just wasted space that your toes can have a party in? I may need to go to a Payless shoe place and just try a bunch on.
    Options
    Gayle yes we live in the Battle Creek area of St. Paul. I would love it if you could join me on a walk sometime.

Becca gorgeous dress to go on a gorgeous gal.

:heart: MNMargaret

We use to go to the caves n play poker!!!! Would love to meet with you, can't walk have a broken knee.. Gayle Minneapolis