Replies

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I've heard it said that they wouldn't even be friends with females without some sort of attraction. Generally you ask a woman and she says "of course! We're just friends!" But the man's thoughts are quite the opposite.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    friends.JPG
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Sure! I get along better with men than I ever did with women. Men are very cut and dry, no guessing which I really like.
    Women are too insecure for the most part. I do have two women that are my besties, but men, they are awesome.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    I'm not allowed to be friends with anyone that's more attractive than my wife. She insists that all my lady friends be ugly or overweight. That makes life easy for me I guess.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Of course they can be friends! Have lots of guy friends. Even if there is an attraction on one person's part and not the other, if there is respect, it works. :happy:
  • celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I think so. There are men at work that I am friends with.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Being a lesbian helps with this kind of thing.
  • AnnieH_4512
    AnnieH_4512 Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I love having guy friends! I agree, they are very straight-forward, which can be very refreshing. But... I've also tried to be friends with guys, and it leads to them thinking I'm leading them on, they get creepy, they think we should be "more," so... I'm finding that I can't really do that anymore. :-(
  • Gdeeaz
    Gdeeaz Posts: 60
    Options
    I've heard it said that they wouldn't even be friends with females without some sort of attraction. Generally you ask a woman and she says "of course! We're just friends!" But the man's thoughts are quite the opposite.

I've heard the same thing but while that may apply to some men it doesn't apply to all of them. Also, just because they are physically attracted to someone it doesn't mean that deeper feelings are going to develop. I have several male friends who I am physically attracted to but that I would never date. Some men and women are not capable of maintaining friendship with people of the opposite sex without developing romantic feelings but the majority of people are able to have opposite-sex friendships. Opposite-sex friendships are not always the same as same-sex friendships and the boundaries are often different. But, yes it is possible for men and women to be just friends.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Well, my husband and I were good friends before we fell madly in love. But, having been with him for 15 years, I have had plenty of male friends that were just friends.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    My best friends are guys.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options

I've heard the same thing but while that may apply to some men it doesn't apply to all of them. Also, just because they are physically attracted to someone it doesn't mean that deeper feelings are going to develop. I have several male friends who I am physically attracted to but that I would never date. Some men and women are not capable of maintaining friendship with people of the opposite sex without developing romantic feelings but the majority of people are able to have opposite-sex friendships. Opposite-sex friendships are not always the same as same-sex friendships and the boundaries are often different. But, yes it is possible for men and women to be just friends.

This is true. Most of my same sex friends end up ****ing each other.
  • princessputz
    princessputz Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Yes, I like having males for friends. Wings and beer ftw!
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I have women that I am "just friends" with. So I would say, yes.
  • sparkly86
    sparkly86 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    mm yes
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    I can, 2 my closest friends in the last 5 years are girls and I'm not into them like that at all. On the other hard I have a long time female friend that I just cant be friends with. I really wanted a piece. I tried just to be her friend but I was attracted to her.

so yes they can be, but not all guys can do it, and there will be situations where you want to just be friends, but you have the urge to push them up against the wall. big time.
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    Most of my friends are male and many of my heterosexual lifemate's friends are female.

Why shouldn't that be possible? A person is a person regardless of gender....

If you can't be friends with a person for fear they will/won't sleep with you, then there is something wrong with YOU: not something wrong with inter-gender relationships.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    My best friend is a guy, has been for 9 years and I do not see this changing any time soon so yes.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Um yes unless you believe stupid Hollywood movies that talk about the dreaded friend zone or your just outright sexist!