Can men and women be "just friends"?

Options

Replies

• JustPeachy044
    JustPeachy044 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    of course we can. I agree with the poster that said you can be attracted to someone but not necessarily take action. I have male friends that I don't think twice about being more than friends and those that I COULD see myself with, were I not very happily married and committed to my sweet hubby!! It's great to have friends of both genders!
  • sugaree1202
    sugaree1202 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • fleurdelis504
    Options
    I love guy friends. They're awesome! As long as no one has feelings for the other one, that's when it gets tricky.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I love guy friends. They're awesome! As long as no one has feelings for the other one, that's when it gets tricky.

No, that's when it gets AWESOME.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options

I think that's known as friends with benefits! :P
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Ask his wife!
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options

or thats when it gets sad.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    I can be just friends with a guy, but they usually cant be just friends with me. True story. Which is annoying.
  • whierd
    Options

Personal experience?
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    yep, but it really helps if one party isnt just creeping at being friend hoping for something more.
  • whierd
    Options
    I can be just friends with a guy, but they usually cant be just friends with me. True story. Which is annoying.

I might be wrong, but I think it may be harder for men to accept that romance isn't going to happen.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    If you don't find each other sexually attractive, sure. Otherwise, don't kid yourself.
  • nikilis
    Options

haha. FWB is kind of weird tho. I kind of find it hard to get down with someone who's just a friend aka I have no feeling with them. I know. I'm like a girl. but I need a connection people. I end up thinking about someone else lol.
  • whierd
    Options

haha. FWB is kind of weird tho. I kind of find it hard to get down with someone who's just a friend aka I have no feeling with them. I know. I'm like a girl. but I need a connection people. I end up thinking about someone else lol.

I'm actually the same way.
  • resistance_freak
    Options
    If you don't find each other sexually attractive, sure. Otherwise, don't kid yourself.
    This!
  • nikilis
    Options

Personal experience?

if you both like each other - awesome

if you both want to have FWB sexytime - awesome

if one out of the two has feelings that are not reciprocated - sad for that person.

EDIT for retarded spelling.
  • fleurdelis504
    Options
    I agree @nikilis thats when good friendships can get ruined.
  • LandonRand
    LandonRand Posts: 166
    Options
    It can happen...not often, but it can!
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    I have really good guy friends and really good girl friends. Definately think its possible. Some people try to force me to date one of my really good guy friends, but neither of us is interested. We just happen to be the single ones that end up hanging out with a bunch of couples. Could I be friends with just any guy, no, but there are plenty that I can be just friends with.
  • whierd
    Options

Personal experience?

if you both like each other - awesome

if you both want to have FWB sexytime - awesome

if one out of the two has feelings that are no reciprocated - sad for that person.

Aha, I gotcha. I've never had that happen with someone who was a friend first, but I have been on the bad of no reciprocation far too many times.