It's official, I've lost my mind!

Options
Oh man... today is one of those days that no matter what I do I just feel like a big flabby cow! I hate days like this. Every little thing I put into my mouth makes me feel like I'm going to somehow gain 50 lbs as if by magic! Meanwhile... I worked out this morning - Ran between 5.5 - 8.0 for one hour, did strong lifts followed by some BodyRock core/booty work for 45 minutes. I've consumed 628 calories so far (all nutritious/healthy/clean) slightly over my sodium which is low anyway. I've burnt 1019 calories and am sitting with a deficit of -391. Yet I feel fat and like I need to get in another work out today.

Please don't get me wrong... I don't feel like this often but every once in a while I get a bad day. I am sure foks can relate. How is it I can weigh 118 with x-low body fat and lean muscle yet I feel like I'm about 300 lbs! I am sure heavy lifting has something to do with it.. always gain some water weight after lifting.

Anyway... do I work out again? Maybe just a quick cardio sesh? It would most likely make me feel better mentally and I feel fine physically, not tired or stressed or fatigued.

What I'd like to do is invite my dad out for dinner at this brazzilian place where they serve all kinds of grilled meats and they have a huge buffet of all really good veggies and salad stuff. I could go there and throw caution to the wind, pig out, be satisfied! OR... I could hit the gym for another hour, come home, eat sensibly and get to my studies finishing my day with a small snack of Fiber One cottage cheese mixed with Better N' Peanut Butter (low sodium) and a slim tea LOL!!!

Stupid, stupid, stupid!

Replies

• strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Oh man... today is one of those days that no matter what I do I just feel like a big flabby cow! I hate days like this. Every little thing I put into my mouth makes me feel like I'm going to somehow gain 50 lbs as if by magic! Meanwhile... I worked out this morning - Ran between 5.5 - 8.0 for one hour, did strong lifts followed by some BodyRock core/booty work for 45 minutes. I've consumed 628 calories so far (all nutritious/healthy/clean) slightly over my sodium which is low anyway. I've burnt 1019 calories and am sitting with a deficit of -391. Yet I feel fat and like I need to get in another work out today.

Please don't get me wrong... I don't feel like this often but every once in a while I get a bad day. I am sure foks can relate. How is it I can weigh 118 with x-low body fat and lean muscle yet I feel like I'm about 300 lbs! I am sure heavy lifting has something to do with it.. always gain some water weight after lifting.

Anyway... do I work out again? Maybe just a quick cardio sesh
    ? It would most likely make me feel better mentally and I feel fine physically, not tired or stressed or fatigued.

What I'd like to do is invite my dad out for dinner at this brazzilian place where they serve all kinds of grilled meats and they have a huge buffet of all really good veggies and salad stuff. I could go there and throw caution to the wind, pig out, be satisfied! OR... I could hit the gym for another hour, come home, eat sensibly and get to my studies finishing my day with a small snack of Fiber One cottage cheese mixed with Better N' Peanut Butter (low sodium) and a slim tea LOL!!!

Stupid, stupid, stupid!

You've already done 3 workouts today.

• BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options

Anyway... do I work out again? Maybe just a quick cardio sesh
    ? It would most likely make me feel better mentally and I feel fine physically, not tired or stressed or fatigued.

Stupid, stupid, stupid!

You've already done 3 workouts today.

HAHA! I am behind then :wink:
    It's never enough for me! I made a post about this a while back.
    I have my mind set to train like I am getting ready for a major physical competition or something.
    It doesn't help that my MMA club is closed down for the week!

I love MMA
    I miss boxing
    I hate this week, every year he closes for this week
    I really need to hit stuff and run drill and throw some kicks! lol

• ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    Options

I'd go with Dad to the Brazilian place,...the food sounds wicked! Lol
    You've worked out enough today. Enjoy yourself!
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    With the amount of exercise you do, your body/muscles would probably be better served at the Brazilian restaurant.

Eat all the meats.
  • BoxerBrawler
    Options
    omg the Brazallian place is awesome. Everything they have is fresh, clean and healthy. It's a dream come true for someone who is very high on protein (lean meats) and veggies! The only problem at this place is I'm sure to overeat! HAHA!

Hmmmm... maybe I can grab some general elliptical time at home and earn some over eating calories for later! That's an option :smile:

In all seriousness though, I know I'm not the only one to have a day like this. It will pass and I'll get back to normal later or tomorrow. It's just my mind playing tricks on me I know. It sure does help to hash it out here. So thanks!
  • BoxerBrawler
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Lourdesong wrote: »
    With the amount of exercise you do, your body/muscles would probably be better served at the Brazilian restaurant.

Eat all the meats.

Mmmmmmm.... meat! The only thing better than meat is meat wrapped in bacon :wink:
    And they actually have skewers of rotisserie (skin free) chicken wrapped in bacon!
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,716 Member
    Options
    I get the part about your mind playing tricks on you. I think a lot of us have days where we feel very different than how we look. However, I'd be careful with all that exercise. It's great, yes. It's also admirable. But, what if you get injured? How will you cope and maintain then?

That was something important that I had to learn a few years ago and I've cut way down on the amount of cardio I do. I've adapted and learned other ways to maintain rather than relying on X amount of cardio every day. It can actually become more stressful than beneficial if you're not careful.

Just my opinion. If I were you I'd go out to eat, but just not over do it.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I find this topic either a result of disordered/distorted thinking or just attention seeking rediculousness.
  • ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    omg the Brazallian place is awesome. Everything they have is fresh, clean and healthy. It's a dream come true for someone who is very high on protein (lean meats) and veggies! The only problem at this place is I'm sure to overeat! HAHA!
    Well i went over my calories today by having a lousy Big Mac and Fries. :# Lol

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I like you

You often speak lots of sense

In this you're acting like a total nut

Stop it !

hope that helps
  • jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    I like you

Stop it !

hope that helps

lol, same here.
  • BoxerBrawler
    Options
    I like you

Stop it !

hope that helps

LMAO! I like you too rabbit, you have your *kitten* together! And yes, thank you... that totally helped! :smiley:

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I like you

Stop it !

hope that helps

hmmm
  • BoxerBrawler
    Options
    I find this topic either a result of disordered/distorted thinking or just attention seeking rediculousness.

If you feel that way why'd you bother to read it and reply? Really? Don't be an energy sucker. My post here obviously is of no consequence to you so... go away :smile:

And besides, this is a support place right? Yeah, even I need support sometimes. Jeez... lighten up.

• BoxerBrawler
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    I like you

Stop it !

hope that helps

hmmm

I didn't always used to speak sense. When I first started out I was under the impression, like a lot of people, that I had to starve myself to lose weight. And so I did, and it sucked, and I was always hungry and angry. It has taken me over two years to figure it out. I am much happier and healthier now and luckily I was able to maintain my goal weight through it all and never got truly sick.

• healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options

If you feel that way why'd you bother to read it and reply? Really? Don't be an energy sucker. My post here obviously is of no consequence to you so... go away :smile:

And besides, this is a support place right? Yeah, even I need support sometimes. Jeez... lighten up.
    this is a place where all can voice their opinions and that was mine. If you don't want to hear varied opinions-don't post!

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    you know that netting negative calories is bad right?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQxKh8a10Zv1eWLI0es0ilWND5squrEwCp_vCCpNO60N9buuq7z

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

this too..go eat some food.
  • BoxerBrawler
    Options

this is a place where all can voice their opinions and that was mine. If you don't want to hear varied opinions-don't post!

Exactly what I expected :wink:

• BoxerBrawler
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

this too..go eat some food.

Yes, I do know this. It's hard sometimes because I eat a lot of veggies, meat and nutrient dense low calorie foods. I have to remind myself to go for the meats first so I don't fill up on veggies. That's another story. But yeah, I do know that negative calories is bad. No worries!