It's official, I've lost my mind!

Options

Replies

• BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone
    I know I am crazy with this and way to hard on myself
    I am taking a rest today (even though I logged exercise, I won't miss this mornings class, it's my favorite)
    I am going to relax and eat whatever I want
    And as much as I want

• Tahlia68
    Tahlia68 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Very strange post to say the least!!!!
  • ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone
    I know I am crazy with this and way to hard on myself
    I am taking a rest today (even though I logged exercise, I won't miss this mornings class, it's my favorite)
    I am going to relax and eat whatever I want
    And as much as I want

Yesss! :)
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    I find this topic either a result of disordered/distorted thinking or just attention seeking rediculousness.

If you feel that way why'd you bother to read it and reply? Really? Don't be an energy sucker. My post here obviously is of no consequence to you so... go away :smile:

And besides, this is a support place right? Yeah, even I need support sometimes. Jeez... lighten up.

It does sound to me like you might have some body dis-morphia...have you ever seen a therapist about these feelings?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    That's not a Great Leap Forward but it is a baby step to a potentially healthier life

A rest day but I've done my exercise class?

I hope you do eat a decent amount of food on an ongoing basis and stop over exercising
  • BoxerBrawler
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    That's not a Great Leap Forward but it is a baby step to a potentially healthier life

I hope you do eat a decent amount of food on an ongoing basis and stop over exercising

Yes but when you consider my average daily burn rate, one class is more like a warm up (rest day) for me. Baby steps right? I ate good yesterday.
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

Yes but when you consider my average daily burn rate, one class is more like a warm up (rest day) for me. Baby steps right? I ate good yesterday.

Then why didn't you log it?

Or did you? Do you actually think this is appropriate intake for that exercise? Even if you half your burn it's too few calories

lyma6uy5wzr0.jpg
  • soapsandropes
    soapsandropes Posts: 269 Member
    Options

You burned over 1,000 calories according to your diary (and that is a rest day?), and you only ate 1450. You need to eat more if you are going to work out that much.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    fatcity66 wrote: »
    I find this topic either a result of disordered/distorted thinking or just attention seeking rediculousness.

If you feel that way why'd you bother to read it and reply? Really? Don't be an energy sucker. My post here obviously is of no consequence to you so... go away :smile:

And besides, this is a support place right? Yeah, even I need support sometimes. Jeez... lighten up.

It does sound to me like you might have some body dis-morphia...have you ever seen a therapist about these feelings?

I agree. Therapy is a good idea.
  • cvstokke
    cvstokke Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    moyer566 wrote: »
    I'm going to be honest and say that you seem to have a disordered relationship with food and your body. you need to eat more and worry less about the excessive workouts. I might talk to dr about it. you can easily damage your body going the way you are now.

This.
  • BoxerBrawler
    Options
    I certainly can't go from 1100 calories a day to 2000 so 1400 in a day for me is good. Everyone has some form of body dis-morphia and/or a disordered relationship with food to one extent to another. Otherwise, why would everyone work so hard on losing, gaining, maintaining, etc. Personally I think it's OK to live on the edge... not so much that I develop anorexia, not so much that I put the weight back on, but just walking the line right in the middle. Being careful and strict with exercise and foods and yet letting loose every now and then. A friend of mine went on a "diet" (first mistake), she lost all kinds of weight, was exercising four days a week and was thrilled with her results. She decided she was done... where she wanted to be and went right back to what she was doing before. It's a couple of years later and she's put almost all of her weight back on. She is still happy but now she's getting into making fun of herself and she's talking about getting back into a diet/fitness plan. Up and down is worse than just maintenance. Aside from the occassional "fat" day which I am sure all women have, I am healthy and happy with my body and my results, I'll never stop pushing forward. Yes, fit is priority over thin but after being the fat kid for so many years there's nothing wrong with being the thin woman now. Aside from my diary entries, I eat according to my physical activities. On light days I keep it light, on heavy days I eat more nutrient dense foods even though they may be low in calories. I eat to perform and I eat when I'm hungry and I don't when I'm not. I began this post as a call for support and while I really and truly appreciate the concern this has been going on for years. If you looked at my diary from two years ago and every month following that, you'd see that it's been a journey of trial and error and changing things. Everything is a process. I am happy, but will never be satisfied. Thanks for all of your concern :smile: I am not having a fat day today. Today I feel wonderful and I'm looking forward to a week of healthy eating and awesome exercise.
  • soapsandropes
    Options
    on heavy days I eat more nutrient dense foods even though they may be low in calories. I eat to perform and I eat when I'm hungry and I don't when I'm not.

Part of the nutrients that you need on heavy days are calories. Calories what is powering your body, vitamins and minerals are good but they are not fuel. The numbers have to add up, if you exercise a lot and don't eat enough your body is going to consume itself to keep your basic functions going. I think that most people are concerned because what you have logged isn't living on the edge, it is living way over the edge.

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    on heavy days I eat more nutrient dense foods even though they may be low in calories. I eat to perform and I eat when I'm hungry and I don't when I'm not.

Part of the nutrients that you need on heavy days are calories. Calories what is powering your body, vitamins and minerals are good but they are not fuel. The numbers have to add up, if you exercise a lot and don't eat enough your body is going to consume itself to keep your basic functions going. I think that most people are concerned because what you have logged isn't living on the edge, it is living way over the edge.

yes this.
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    It going on for years is more worrying

Not less

Sighs
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    The only thing I have left to say is thank goodness MFP overestimates burns for most people....you are in trouble....regardless...

And I don't have body dysmorphia in any way shape or form actually...I am well aware of what I need to eat to maintain my weight, what I look like, what size I wear and how much food I need to do the exercise I do....I do live in reality.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    I certainly can't go from 1100 calories a day to 2000 so 1400 in a day for me is good. Everyone has some form of body dis-morphia and/or a disordered relationship with food to one extent to another. Otherwise, why would everyone work so hard on losing, gaining, maintaining, etc. Personally I think it's OK to live on the edge... not so much that I develop anorexia, not so much that I put the weight back on, but just walking the line right in the middle. Being careful and strict with exercise and foods and yet letting loose every now and then. A friend of mine went on a "diet" (first mistake), she lost all kinds of weight, was exercising four days a week and was thrilled with her results. She decided she was done... where she wanted to be and went right back to what she was doing before. It's a couple of years later and she's put almost all of her weight back on. She is still happy but now she's getting into making fun of herself and she's talking about getting back into a diet/fitness plan. Up and down is worse than just maintenance. Aside from the occassional "fat" day which I am sure all women have, I am healthy and happy with my body and my results, I'll never stop pushing forward. Yes, fit is priority over thin but after being the fat kid for so many years there's nothing wrong with being the thin woman now. Aside from my diary entries, I eat according to my physical activities. On light days I keep it light, on heavy days I eat more nutrient dense foods even though they may be low in calories. I eat to perform and I eat when I'm hungry and I don't when I'm not. I began this post as a call for support and while I really and truly appreciate the concern this has been going on for years. If you looked at my diary from two years ago and every month following that, you'd see that it's been a journey of trial and error and changing things. Everything is a process. I am happy, but will never be satisfied. Thanks for all of your concern :smile: I am not having a fat day today. Today I feel wonderful and I'm looking forward to a week of healthy eating and awesome exercise.

Bold 1 - No, not everyone has disordered relationship with food, and not everyone has body dysmorphia.

Bold 2 - You most certainly are not eating properly for your physcial activites. Hell you're not even eating the bare minimum for a woman a majority of the time.

Bold 3 - Please go seek professional help, this one sentence speaks volumes.
  • soapsandropes
    Options
    ^^^ agree with everything
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Oh, cushman. Everything in your long post is so wrong, and so sad. Having suffered from body dysmorphia myself before, I can tell you from reading your posts that you are deep in it and need some professional help to get out of it. You are, from looking over your food logs and exercise logs, anorexic. You claim you are not 'having a fat day today', but honestly, from the way you work out even on your 'rest days', and eat fewer calories than you burn most of the time, I believe that for you, every day is a fat day. You are not changing things as you claim. Eating healthy is eating enough food to sustain your body, and exercising at a level necessary for fitness, not at so high a level as to burn all the calories you might be eating.
    What you are seeing in the mirror is not your true self, love. I promise you that it is not. Please get some help before it is too late.
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    You need to get some help. You may think you're walking the line in the middle but it's clear that you're not. Please seek out a therapist who specializes in eating disorders. Getting help doesn't mean you'll gain weight but it might save your life. There is a mortality rate associated with eating disorders.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    OP take particular note of the title of your thread...