It's official, I've lost my mind!

Replies

• Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Realistically, you don't want to keep pushing your body--you could get hurt. How about "active rest" if you feel you have to move? I nice long walk, swings on an empty playground?

The food thing sounds MUCH better, though. :smiley: A bigger question is why can't you let yourself relax? You know you won't gain weight with what you're doing, yet it's still freaking you out. Give yourself a little grace.

I can relate. I have a hard time accepting my new size and continually try to buy clothes bigger than what I need. I have no concept of what fits after years of XLs and baggy, shapeless clothes. We were trying on polos for this year's "uniform" order and one of my staff looked at time when I had the medium on and said, "You need the small." I tried on the small and had to go look at myself in the mirror as I didn't believe it actually fit.
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    All good points and good stuff (except for the sarcastic naysayers) thanks all!! I opted for another 30 minute run and a wicked yummy dinner and I'll be having a nice treat tonight as well. Tomorrow (today) is a rest/beach day
  • BoxerBrawler
    Psychgrrl wrote: »
    Realistically, you don't want to keep pushing your body--you could get hurt. How about "active rest" if you feel you have to move? I nice long walk, swings on an empty playground?

The food thing sounds MUCH better, though. :smiley: A bigger question is why can't you let yourself relax? You know you won't gain weight with what you're doing, yet it's still freaking you out. Give yourself a little grace.

I can relate. I have a hard time accepting my new size and continually try to buy clothes bigger than what I need. I have no concept of what fits after years of XLs and baggy, shapeless clothes. We were trying on polos for this year's "uniform" order and one of my staff looked at time when I had the medium on and said, "You need the small." I tried on the small and had to go look at myself in the mirror as I didn't believe it actually fit.

I know! Every time I buy clothes I can't believe I'm in a small size! But thanks. I've been accused of being too hard on myself but then agin I didn't get this far by being easy in myself!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Did you log it?

Your logging is seriously .. I mean SERIOUSLY concerning if anywhere near accurate

you look from the numbers to be anorexic and exercising far too much

you may need help
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Have you tried looking behind the sofa? That's where I usually look when I have lost something...

I don't think you need any more physical exercise - in reality it is your mind that needs the work. Try meditation.
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    If it was bothering me that bad, I would just work out again. I mean it's exercise, not drugs or something, lol. Do what's best for you. If you overeat or miss out on studying, no one will feel the impact but you...
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    ohmscheeks wrote: »
    If it was bothering me that bad, I would just work out again. I mean it's exercise, not drugs or something, lol. Do what's best for you. If you overeat or miss out on studying, no one will feel the impact but you...

bad advice is bad
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    All good points and good stuff (except for the sarcastic naysayers) thanks all!! I opted for another 30 minute run and a wicked yummy dinner and I'll be having a nice treat tonight as well. Tomorrow (today) is a rest/beach day
    So you worked out a total of 4 times yesterday, ate around 1000 calories even after all the good advise you got saying you'd worked out enough and to eat more. Also, I don't see any "nice treats" logged last night.

Coupled with the chronic undereating and over exercising, you're really damaging your body, even if you don't feel the effects of it right now.

Seek help, please.
    http://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    omg the Brazallian place is awesome. Everything they have is fresh, clean and healthy. It's a dream come true for someone who is very high on protein (lean meats) and veggies! The only problem at this place is I'm sure to overeat! HAHA!

Hmmmm... maybe I can grab some general elliptical time at home and earn some over eating calories for later! That's an option :smile:

In all seriousness though, I know I'm not the only one to have a day like this. It will pass and I'll get back to normal later or tomorrow. It's just my mind playing tricks on me I know. It sure does help to hash it out here. So thanks!

BAW HA HA HA HA HA HA- you're joking right?.

The amount of meat you eat alone will put you over calories- not regarding the heavy sea salt and butters they use on those meats.

I've taken my food scale there- I easily eat 1200 calories of meat alone at dinner. And it's meat- it's not fresh clean and healthy- it's just meat.

Brazillian Rodizio's are indeed a beautiful thing (I go at least 2x a month)- I don't put in ANY extra workouts.

You're flat out doing to much. You're psychologically tricking yourself and playing games with yourself and you really need to take a step back before you hurt yourself.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    So out of all the responses when asking for help you ignored and just worked out again?!
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Did you log it?

Your logging is seriously .. I mean SERIOUSLY concerning if anywhere near accurate

you look from the numbers to be anorexic and exercising far too much

you may need help
    This and this.
    :unamused:

• jkwolly
    JoRocka wrote: »
    omg the Brazallian place is awesome. Everything they have is fresh, clean and healthy. It's a dream come true for someone who is very high on protein (lean meats) and veggies! The only problem at this place is I'm sure to overeat! HAHA!

Hmmmm... maybe I can grab some general elliptical time at home and earn some over eating calories for later! That's an option :smile:

In all seriousness though, I know I'm not the only one to have a day like this. It will pass and I'll get back to normal later or tomorrow. It's just my mind playing tricks on me I know. It sure does help to hash it out here. So thanks!

BAW HA HA HA HA HA HA- you're joking right?.

The amount of meat you eat alone will put you over calories- not regarding the heavy sea salt and butters they use on those meats.

I've taken my food scale there- I easily eat 1200 calories of meat alone at dinner. And it's meat- it's not fresh clean and healthy- it's just meat.

Brazillian Rodizio's are indeed a beautiful thing (I go at least 2x a month)- I don't put in ANY extra workouts.

You're flat out doing to much. You're psychologically tricking yourself and playing games with yourself and you really need to take a step back before you hurt yourself.
    I go so effin go for 1200 calories of meat right now, don't care that it's not even 7am yet.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly wrote: »
    So out of all the responses when asking for help you ignored and just worked out again?!
    Oh and checking your diary, OP, your nice treat for the evening was 6 slices of deli meat, a laughing cow wedge, some carrots, and a turkey pepperoni stick? Total whopping 1013 calories for the day - and 1540 burned - so negative 527.

Take the advice given here and really consider getting some professional help.

• cvstokke
    cvstokke Posts: 249 Member
    As someone who seriously, seriously damaged her metabolism a few years back by overtraining and undereating, please seek help. It took years to undo the metabolic damage, not to mention losing hair and having unhealthy skin and nails.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited July 2015
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    I'm all about happy meat!

QgJUL.gif

To the OP: You have some very disordered thinking regarding food and exercise. You can be doing yourself serious long-term damage if you continue on this path. Please get some help. <3

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member

QgJUL.gif

To the OP: You have some very disordered thinking regarding food and exercise. You can be doing yourself serious long-term damage if you continue on this path. Please get some help. <3

I <3 you.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,028 Member

QgJUL.gif

anigif_enhanced-buzz-5713-1363139213-7.gif

OP: eat. chill. seek help. please?
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Just out of curiosity how close to TOM are you? I have this feeling you speak of about once a month and it is usually about 7-10 days before TOM comes :blush: It's awful, and I feel your pain for sure. Sucks being a girl sometimes.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    I'm going to be honest and say that you seem to have a disordered relationship with food and your body. you need to eat more and worry less about the excessive workouts. I might talk to dr about it. you can easily damage your body going the way you are now.
  • BoxerBrawler
    Thanks everyone
    I know I am crazy with this and way to hard on myself
    I am taking a rest today (even though I logged exercise, I won't miss this mornings class, it's my favorite)
    I am going to relax and eat whatever I want
    And as much as I want