whats the most disgusting thing you ever ate?

Options

Replies

• wilmnoca
    wilmnoca Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Beets. Tried them several different ways. Just can't do it.
  • kellywa1179
    kellywa1179 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Oysters on the half shell. Albeit low calorie, but still ALIVE when they slide down. LOL
  • ZumbaWarriorQueen
    ZumbaWarriorQueen Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Chili. It's the only food I've had to ban from the house completely, because even just the smell will give me dry heaves.

Also can't stand dill pickles or refried beans, and I'm among the percentage of the population whose genes insist that cilantro tastes like soap.

Can't get on board with the shirataki hate though. Granted they're a bit weird, but they've always worked out well for me.
  • endoftheside
    endoftheside Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I ate half a live slug one time that was hiding in my farmer's market salad greens. It was sort of like a canned mushroom in color and consistency, and at first I was like, huh, I didn't put mushrooms in this salad....slowly dawning realization as I look at the uneaten half...

Really didn't TASTE that bad, but disgusting nonetheless.
  • plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    all natural peanut butter!
  • sandieecakes
    Options
    Cow's tounge. I couldn't help but feel it was tasting me back. ICK!!!!!
  • Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I've eaten a lot of things... I would have to say eating Bolute was pretty nasty... Its the chicken embryo in the egg...

^^^ YES! Thanks for reminding me, Bolute=nast!!!
  • PJ64
    PJ64 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Baloot (SP?) Filipina Duck embryo
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Oysters on the half shell. Albeit low calorie, but still ALIVE when they slide down. LOL

Alive and delicious! I'm surprised to see so many tasty things on this list! (Mushrooms, refried beans, seafood haters, I'm looking at you!)

The only thing I've ever not liked in multiple forms is brussel sprouts.
  • 212ackley
    212ackley Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I am probably the only one on the planet who can't stand Franks Red Hot hotsauce...my husband eats it on damn near everything and I gag at the smell!!! I bought a chicken sandwich at Wendy's once... I thought it was bbq -- nope--it was with "wing sauce" -- yep, Franks~~ that went right into the trash :( NASTY!
  • tbsugacookie
    tbsugacookie Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Raw shrimp nigiri, which is a piece of shrimp over a mound of rice. I usually love sushi of all kinds, but this shrimp was totally RAW - gray, limp and fishy. I had to spit it out.
  • SakuraRose13
    SakuraRose13 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    escargot reminds me of slimy slugs I shutter just thinking about it.

liver tastes like metal

black beans reminds me of dirt

Brussel sprouts immensely bitter

anything with liquid smoke the smell gives me headaches and causes me to feel nauseated.

pepperoni never liked it even as a child bit I love salami
  • alfiedn
    alfiedn Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Liver
    Moxie
    Baked grapes
    Sweet potato casserole with the marshmallows...YUCK!
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Coconut water. Hands down. Just the thought is making my stomach roll.

You have to try the coconut water from a real coconut. If you ever visit a tropical country make sure you try the real thing - the coconut water in a carton tastes like the carton. Also, once you're done drinking the coconut water, break the coconut open and eat the flesh...absolutely delicious!
  • HappyElizabeth
    HappyElizabeth Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Irish sea moss. Not sure what I was thinking trying it in the first place, but it was like eating sea sludge and septic water.
  • Tw1zzler
    Tw1zzler Posts: 583
    Options
    Beef heart & tongue... oh and let's not forget kohlrabi....wait... menudo... not enough spices in the world to make that stuff taste good.
  • tonybalony01
    tonybalony01 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Soy sausages. My dad, who taught us to eat all food offered to us, even told us we didn't have to finish them after he tried them.
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    AGOHTOTM

someone will understand this and be disgusted... have fun acronym solving
  • sgirl29
    sgirl29 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Anything chocolate……Yuck!!! I hate chocolate.
  • Angie80281
    Angie80281 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    AGOHTOTM

someone will understand this and be disgusted... have fun acronym solving

Wow, I figured that one out in less than a minute. That probably doesn't say much for the way my mind works, does it? Eww!