62 LBS Lost-Love of Fitness Found (pics-before and current)

Options
12346»

Replies

• anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    This is incredible! I love seeing other's success, it motivates me to keep going. :)
  • RosslandMTBr
    RosslandMTBr Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! You look amazing! This is what I am trying to achieve. You give me hope that if I stick with it I'll get there.

Question for you. How did you set your goal weight and when did you decide to move to maintenance? I'm 5'9 and am sitting at 154 lbs(down from 212 at my very heaviest). My thought was to get down to 135-140 and then do a bulk and cut cycle. Ultimately I could care less what I weigh. I'm more concerned about body composition. How did you know when to switch focus?
  • JasonRainboze
    JasonRainboze Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Great work Kelly!
  • mysteps2beauty
    mysteps2beauty Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I love how your faced you changed. You look great both ways but the thinner face makes you look edgy, where I want to get. I want to lift one day soon as my budget allows me time for a crossfit routine and trainer. I find when I get home my motivation fizzles out so I need to go straight from work. Mornings are my yoga times. Thanks for sharing your journey.
  • jolive7
    jolive7 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, awesome work!!!
  • hrod215
    hrod215 Posts: 163 Member
    Options

62 LBS Lost-Love of Fitness Found (pics-before and current)

In ten days I’ll be hitting my one year streak anniversary on MFP. I wanted to post some before and after pics from this past year to celebrate since so many of your success stories really helped me to get started. I have been so inspired by all of you! While I may not post on the forums much I’ve creeped them quietly almost every day for a long time and I’m so grateful for everyone’s contributions whether I agree with them or not. I’ve picked up some great information and tips, learned what information to ignore and been inspired to research as much about nutrition and fitness for myself as possible. Learning about nutrition and fitness (and doing it obviously) is honestly one of my favorite things now. I lost 62 Pounds mostly during the first 9 months of the year; while I might want to lose 5 or so more my focus now (and for the past few months) is on recomp and getting as strong as possible. I could honestly care less what the scale says, I finally love my body not for the way it looks but for the things it can do which is the absolute best feeling in the world. What a year it’s been! I didn’t want to make this too long but if I can answer any questions or help anyone in any way I’m more than happy to. Anyone can do this it just takes the motivation and commitment to be a healthier you.

Also, thank you so much to my sister @Krock83, you are the reason I found my passion for heavy lifting and the thing that kept me logging into MFP in the beginning. Thanks to all of my other MFP friends too! You guys keep this place interesting :)

Before and After Weight loss pics

qwjr3ne1okru.jpg

A few current muscle progress pics

rmqvycd1x70x.jpg

Every time I see this post I am more amazed by your success. Can you share what you are doing in terms of lifting? Are you supplementing with other workouts? Thank you and continue to SLAY honey!
  • Christinaluvly
    Christinaluvly Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Thank you for the inspiration and motivation!! :)
  • STLBADGIRL
    STLBADGIRL Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Crazy and insane progress... Way to go. What an inspiration.
  • DanerTee
    DanerTee Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Honestly, you looked great "before" but you are a machine now! Way to go!!!
  • minusblindfold25
    minusblindfold25 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Omg. Amazing
  • Jezreel12
    Jezreel12 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Excellent achievement!
  • birdtobe
    birdtobe Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    WOW! You are a complete inspiration!
  • halimaiqbal00
    halimaiqbal00 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    We have the same start weight and I am now 145 pounds at your height but look nothing like you! Thank you so much for the info you have given us..my issue is diet and struggling with consuming too many calories because I didn't know how many to have but I'll stick to 1700 mon-fri like you and 1900 on weekends (lift heavy 3x a week, cardio 2x a week)

Thanks again!
  • shaun823
    shaun823 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's amazing!! Good job!
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    We have the same start weight and I am now 145 pounds at your height but look nothing like you! Thank you so much for the info you have given us..my issue is diet and struggling with consuming too many calories because I didn't know how many to have but I'll stick to 1700 mon-fri like you and 1900 on weekends (lift heavy 3x a week, cardio 2x a week)

Thanks again!

@halimaiqbal00 I struggled to find the right calorie balance too! I found that tracking precisely was key to really finding the true amount I needed. Good luck! You got this!

• alitawashington
    alitawashington Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Do you mind if I ask you weight and body fat now? About how many grams protein do you eat a day? I have always follwed the .8 of ideal body wreight.

I presently weigh 143, I'm not sure what my body fat is, I've never had it checked. I just kind of go by measurements and visuals for progress checks.

I've been trying to eat around 135g of protein a day recently as I was coming out of a little bulk and eating at a deficit. Usually I eat around 120g of protein a day with the difference added in as fat.

Hi! You have had AMAZING results. I have for YEARS been on and off this weight loss thing. I am on again, but I do feel a change in my spirit, if that makes since. I feel way more motivated and energized to finally make a permanent positive change. I guess it's because I have finally come to terms with my actual state of being, like realizing I'm a whole lot bigger and unhealthier than the picture of me that I had in my mind. I am ready for change. So, can you explain to me PLEASE what you mean when you say "I was coming out of a little bulk and eating at a deficit" and also "I eat 120g of protein a day with the difference added in as fat"? What is the "difference" you mean and why does "coming out of a little bulk" mean you were eating at a deficit?

Thanks SO much for your help. You have a loving spirit, you are so eager to help us.
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Do you mind if I ask you weight and body fat now? About how many grams protein do you eat a day? I have always follwed the .8 of ideal body wreight.

I presently weigh 143, I'm not sure what my body fat is, I've never had it checked. I just kind of go by measurements and visuals for progress checks.

I've been trying to eat around 135g of protein a day recently as I was coming out of a little bulk and eating at a deficit. Usually I eat around 120g of protein a day with the difference added in as fat.

Hi! You have had AMAZING results. I have for YEARS been on and off this weight loss thing. I am on again, but I do feel a change in my spirit, if that makes since. I feel way more motivated and energized to finally make a permanent positive change. I guess it's because I have finally come to terms with my actual state of being, like realizing I'm a whole lot bigger and unhealthier than the picture of me that I had in my mind. I am ready for change. So, can you explain to me PLEASE what you mean when you say "I was coming out of a little bulk and eating at a deficit" and also "I eat 120g of protein a day with the difference added in as fat"? What is the "difference" you mean and why does "coming out of a little bulk" mean you were eating at a deficit?

Thanks SO much for your help. You have a loving spirit, you are so eager to help us.

Hi @alitawashington It sounds like you're really ready to me! That change of spirit is what made it stick for me this time after trying for so many years.

When I said I was coming out of a little bulk I meant that I had been eating at a surplus (over my maintenance calories) to build muscle and was returning to a deficit to shed some of the fat I gained while I was bulking. Not everyone who bulks immediately returns to a deficit so I should have been a little clearer. When I said I eat 120g of protein a day with the difference added in as fat, I meant that whether I bulk or cut I eat the same amount of protein but when I bulk the extra calories I add are all calories from fat. Hope this helps! If you have any additional questions feel free to shoot me a message!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!