5'2" 1200 cal looking for friends for weight loss support

Options

Replies

• Vampireneko
    Vampireneko Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and eating 1200 calories a day as well. My starting weight is much higher than yours though and I'm not done yet! SW157 CW139 GW130-135 (I want to be very lean/muscular.) Feel free to add me!
  • JenLakersFan
    JenLakersFan Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I had been on a bit of a rollercoaster over the years. 1 year ago, I went from 154 to 132. Ate almost everything I enjoyed, but in much better portions than previously.

Then work started and a load of stress from life came with it, so at the moment:

SW: 165
    CW: 164.5
    GW: 125-130

I was easily affected by people who try to get me to eat junk food when they're eating it, saying it's not going to hurt to eat a little. But for me personally, all it takes is one bite and I just cannot stop. That's pretty much how I ballooned up to 165 in the first place, even after being able to manage my stress a little better.

It wasn't until probably 1-2 weeks ago that I just couldn't take it anymore. I was always tired of being tired, but it got to a total breaking point. Boyfriend offers a few Pringles? I turn it down. Soda? Turn it down. He doesn't eat junk often.. he's trying to lose weight by cutting back junk (small portions). But he doesn't have a lot of weight to use compared to me, so it's just smarter for me to avoid as much junk food as possible.

I've started to run/walk at least 1 mile every other day as well. Trying to commit to Zumba again. Just be active again like I was just a year ago.
  • IqueHall
    IqueHall Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'3" 168lbs and 38% body fat. Has anyone found that the 40/40/20 p/c/f macro split worked for them? If not, what worked best for you? I need all the help I can get. My goal weight is 125.
  • petitehealth
    petitehealth Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    IqueHall wrote: »
    Hi, I'm 5'3" 168lbs and 38% body fat. Has anyone found that the 40/40/20 p/c/f macro split worked for them? If not, what worked best for you? I need all the help I can get. My goal weight is 125.

I calculated my macro goals from iifym.com based on my stats, activity level, and 1235 calorie goal. My suggested macros are 100c/49f/98p
  • petitehealth
    Options
    I had been on a bit of a rollercoaster over the years. 1 year ago, I went from 154 to 132. Ate almost everything I enjoyed, but in much better portions than previously.

Then work started and a load of stress from life came with it, so at the moment:

SW: 165
    CW: 164.5
    GW: 125-130

I was easily affected by people who try to get me to eat junk food when they're eating it, saying it's not going to hurt to eat a little. But for me personally, all it takes is one bite and I just cannot stop. That's pretty much how I ballooned up to 165 in the first place, even after being able to manage my stress a little better.

It wasn't until probably 1-2 weeks ago that I just couldn't take it anymore. I was always tired of being tired, but it got to a total breaking point. Boyfriend offers a few Pringles? I turn it down. Soda? Turn it down. He doesn't eat junk often.. he's trying to lose weight by cutting back junk (small portions). But he doesn't have a lot of weight to use compared to me, so it's just smarter for me to avoid as much junk food as possible.

I've started to run/walk at least 1 mile every other day as well. Trying to commit to Zumba again. Just be active again like I was just a year ago.

I couldn't do all that I am doing without the help of like-minded supportive friends. I am also lucky to have a BFF who is a newbie trainer but she is freaking awesome and very motivational and supportive!
  • kberley01
    kberley01 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm fairly new to MFP. Had started using it as a food diary previously and now am on a mission to loose weight. Have been working on my healthy eating with 1200 calories, I'm 5'2" and am at a SW of 183 :( largest I have ever been. Always looking for motivation and support too.
  • petitehealth
    Options
    laineybz wrote: »
    I'm 5"2, started at 196lbs on a 1200 calorie amount. Am now maintaining around 106lbs, have been for a couple of years.

What's your calorie goal now that you are maintaining?
  • petitehealth
    Options
    amillenium wrote: »
    My weakest time of the day is the afternoon. After lunch/before the workday ends. I even have two small snacks planned for that time by I always feel tempted to splurge or sometimes I feel really hungry and it's very distracting. Any ideas?

I have this problem too! I set aside approx 100 calories for a snack around that time...and make sure it has either a good amount of protein or fiber to carry me through till dinner. Either light and fit greek yogurt or a homemade protein bar or muffin.

Thanks. Actually today I ate afternoon snack #2 a little early (because of that hunger issue) at around 2:30pm instead of 3:30pm as planned. It was a new snack option for me ~ roasted soy nuts. I only have another 25 minutes of work left and I actually don't feel starving right now!

• nicolemm94
    nicolemm94 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a bit new to this. I'm 5'1" & 21 years old this November. My current weight is 140. This is the biggest I've been since high school. I use to be between 125-130 & that's what my goal weight is. I'm hoping to lose a noticeable amount by my birthday. I am trying to do the 1200 calories a day diet. I was wondering if it's okay to not reach that each day? Trust me I eat, I just had little Caesars today lol. There are just days I'm not as hungry depending what times I eat and what I eat. I also workout at the gym. I do cardio for an hour minimum. Any tips?
  • pointkoala
    pointkoala Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' too and eating 1200 cals/day. Not gonna say my weight on here but I have a bit to go. We'll do this :-)
  • patricksalazar0123
    patricksalazar0123 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Finally a forum with short people! I love this! Short people unite!

5'4 [MALE] eating 1,650 calories and currently weighing in at 157. My goal weight is 142 and I WILL get there! Add me all you short people! o:)
  • earthnut
    earthnut Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and eating 1200 calories. SW: 160, CW: 160, GW: 135. I've lost weight twice in the past. The first time, I didn't even intend to, I just started dancing lessons and lost 40 pounds (down to 105 pounds). It took 10 years to gain back. I lost 20 pounds over the course of last year. Then this year I gained it all back in the first several months. I've been trying to lose again for the last 2 months and nothing at all has budged.

Eating very healthy, almost half my diet is fruits and vegetables, and not juice or potatoes either. No soda (don't like it anyway). I'm not hungry, but even so it's hard to stay near 1200 calories every day. I've always eaten healthy, my diet really only needed some tweaking and restriction, no major changes.

I'm trying to exercise more this time around, because I feel like I'm doing everything else I can. Currently I burn 3000-5000 calories per week (for my work). My goal is to exercise off at least 1000 calories every day. On days I work this is easy (and I allow myself an extra 100 calories to eat). Other days I plan to jog, bike, or swim.

If anyone else has other suggestions, I'd like to hear them. The weight is being very stubborn this time!
  • earthnut
    earthnut Posts: 216 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    hcdo wrote: »
    I'm 5'3" eating around 1200-1250 as well. I'd love some ideas from others about low cal, highly-filling foods as often I tend to go over my cals for the day and yet am still hungry. It doesn't help that I live in a house with teenage boys all over 6' who can basically eat an entire cow in one sitting and not gain an ounce.
    Fruits and vegetables, preferably raw. Not juiced or fried, and keep condiments to a minimum. Fruits and vegetables are the least calorie dense foods around. Most people don't eat nearly enough. For meals I try to fill my plate with half fruits and vegetables. When I snack between meals, I try to eat fruits and vegetables whenever possible. Soups are also good, and lean protein like beans and seafood keeps you full too.

Water, fiber, and protein keep you full. Fat, carbs, and sugar will make you feel hungry sooner. Fruits and vegetables are high in water and fiber. Beans are high in protein and fiber. etc.
  • bamagurl143
    bamagurl143 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm 5ft and had lost down to 140 after hitting close to 200lbs with my daughter who is now 2.5. However, after getting hurt at work and then becoming a SAHM I had gained back up to 160. My goal is 125. I've used this off and on for the last few months but am absolutely determined to lose this weight now! Did my first mile on my treadmill tonight for the first time in I don't even remember how long! The injury was to my knee which slows me on exercise but I know I can do this! I am measuring out my food, but I've noticed that some days I'm just not eating enough. At 1200 calories, some days I may only hit 1000 calories. I'd love some support and will certainly return the favor.
  • chasingthesun85
    chasingthesun85 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    CMW0929 wrote: »
    Good Morning..
    I am 5'0 and 138lbs. In the perfect world with out lifes distractions and being tired all the time I'd like to be at 125 but, really I would be happy with anything under 130. This week I have incorporated more veggies in my diet and have reduced the amount of sugar that I am eating however, I just can't get motivated to excersise. I have also been thinking about buying a food scale, is it really worth it? Any suggestions?

I never worked out either until June 1st I decided I was done being unhappy and wanted to get fit before turning 30 in October, I decided to try to work out at least every other day. I ended up feeling great after doing a 30 min cardio video, and after a week of doing it everyother day, did some research on fat loss and decided to start working out 6-7 days a week, even if some days I could only squeeze in a 15 min HIIT workout off YouTube! I also started lifting weights every other day with an old barbell and weights I found in the garage that used to be my brothers. In 5 weeks I've lost 6.5 lbs. I also watched what I eat of course but not as closely as I could, which is why I got MFP. My goal is to stay under 1200. I do carb cycling on strength training days and eat very low carb on days off from that.
    I have 2 kids at home and some days I literally have to give my self a "pep talk" which is basically me telling myself to just get up off my *kitten* and do it, that's the tough part, but once I get moving I started feeling better and afterward I feel awesome from the endorphins. And now I'm in the habit of it, I don't feel right without it, and even enjoy and look forward to working out, pretty cool considering I used to "hate working out" but I guess I never gave it a shot, I'd always give up before getting my body into the routine of it.

• petitehealth
    Options
    nicolemm94 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm a bit new to this. I'm 5'1" & 21 years old this November. My current weight is 140. This is the biggest I've been since high school. I use to be between 125-130 & that's what my goal weight is. I'm hoping to lose a noticeable amount by my birthday. I am trying to do the 1200 calories a day diet. I was wondering if it's okay to not reach that each day? Trust me I eat, I just had little Caesars today lol. There are just days I'm not as hungry depending what times I eat and what I eat. I also workout at the gym. I do cardio for an hour minimum. Any tips?

I know it can be done and I have done it and lost weight, however you will read over and over again to not attempt to consume less than 1200 calories a day. Weight loss may be the immediate result however, long term, this can significantly decrease your metabolism. Your body will adapt to using the small amount of calories it has coming in and additional calories will be stored as fat.

I personally strive to eat at least 1200 per day to meet this goal.
  • Tikababy1978
    Tikababy1978 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3". SW140 CW136 GWa130 GWb125. I want to try strength training. My youngest has special needs and the lifting etc is getting really difficult. I do not know where to start. I am type 1 diabetic and over the past 5 days have discovered using MFP in combination with a low carb diet has improved my blood sugars quite a bit. Add me!
  • ivanaking86
    ivanaking86 Posts: 1 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I'm 4'10'', 125lb with goal weight for 110lb. My macros put me at 1500 cal for training and off days but with less fat and carbs for off days. I think I can eat less but since I lift 4x week I keep the calories up a little higher than I would like.

I just want my waist to whittle down by 3 or 4 inches. I currently have a very weird body shape for my height: 37-30-39. Whenever I see my pictures, I see a curvy dwarf.
  • metamorphosis321
    metamorphosis321 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3 with a current goal weight of 130.
    SW 185
    CW 163
    I'll take all the motivation I can get!
  • michelleellis
    michelleellis Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Do you all weight out/measure your food? What's working well for you?

I weigh out pretty much everything. At first I was just logging estimates, but I find that I get better results when I weigh everything! The food scale I bought was only like $10 on Amazon so I think it was totally worth it. You don't need a fancy $50 scale for sure!

What was the name of that scale on Amazon? I may want to invest in it for 10 bucks...