You Know When You're in the MFP "Zone" When...

Options

Replies

• angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    umayster wrote: »
    I assess the macro content of other people's grocery checkout line contents.

:slinking off:
    Thats kinda cool! I generally look in someones cart and know if they are dieting, healthy or junk food lovers
  • angelexperiment
    Options
    Anybody ever done this one? My old pedometer is out of commission / don't have a fitbit, so on day 1 of walking I took the car on that exact route to get my mileage... I began to go a bit further and I counted each step in my head! (hey 100 steps is 100 steps!) Now I'm mainly just timing it & not worried about distance. Kinda feel like I'm from the dark ages without all the awesome tools available, but it's still science! LOL
    Lol love this!
  • angelexperiment
    Options
    Anybody ever done this one? My old pedometer is out of commission / don't have a fitbit, so on day 1 of walking I took the car on that exact route to get my mileage... I began to go a bit further and I counted each step in my head! (hey 100 steps is 100 steps!) Now I'm mainly just timing it & not worried about distance. Kinda feel like I'm from the dark ages without all the awesome tools available, but it's still science! LOL
    Lol love this!
    My pedo died do im stuck relying on my phone pedo.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    umayster wrote: »
    I assess the macro content of other people's grocery checkout line contents.

:slinking off:
    Thats kinda cool! I generally look in someones cart and know if they are dieting, healthy or junk food lovers

I'm all 3 of those things :p
  • angelexperiment
    Options
    When you wait all week to have your mocha on cheat day then make it sugar free fat free milk and no whip cream! Bc that makes it 300 instead of 600 cals!
  • halliesheck
    halliesheck Posts: 8 Member
    Options

Hahaha yesss! I even keep a charger in the car to make use of the time I'm stuck in traffic.

Thank you genius person.
  • DuckReconMajor
    DuckReconMajor Posts: 434 Member
    Options

Hahaha yesss! I even keep a charger in the car to make use of the time I'm stuck in traffic.

Thank you genius person.

Ah yes I did get a couple cheap charger cords so I could do this as well.
  • LaceyBirds
    LaceyBirds Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    gmallan wrote: »
    Eating random foods just before bed time because you're trying to hit your macros

At 10:00 this evening, I had an English muffin because I had a . . .
    Francl27 wrote: »
    last minute dinner invitations when you've already prelogged your day . . .

But for once I had eaten far less calories than usual because I had saved most of my calories for dinner. Usually when this happens, I go over my daily calories, but tonight the dinner was last minute and there actually weren't enough calories, hence the late English muffin. Oh, and some cheese too.

• Nikkiekoala
    Nikkiekoala Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Dariasen wrote: »
    You have an internal temper tantrum when dinner plans change because you prelogged.

Oh my gosh so guilty!
  • dizzieblondeuk
    dizzieblondeuk Posts: 286 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    When your gym class gets cancelled, and your first instinct was 'oh god, I need to find another way to earn those extra calories I'm having for dinner tonight'! Damn it, I pre-logged that burger (I weighed it at the crack of dawn this morning), I am looking forward to it, plus I don't want to have to amend MFP cos I pre-logged the cardio too! Found another class within 30 minutes, have rejigged my evening, and am still on target, and I still get my lovely burger made from pure rump steak!
  • CricketClover
    CricketClover Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Charging your FitBit becomes a fraught affair, as you need to ensure that it is done at a time where you are as inactive as possible, so you don't miss any activity, but you don't want to do it overnight because you're fascinated by the sleep tracking.

I take it off after my morning workout when its all sweaty and wash it off with generic Cetaphil, dry it, then let it charge until I'm ready to walk out the door.

I got a waterproof wristband style (Polar A300) because I only have to take it off once every 3-4 weeks to charge. I have owned Fitbits and a Polar Loop and HATED that I had to either take the fitbit off my bra everyday and risk forgetting it or washing it and hated having to charge it every few days. LOVE my A300, it is always with me.
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,149 Member
    Options
    When weighing out berries takes forever because you keep switching some out in order to hit the gram number on the dot.
  • limitles
    limitles Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    You are so happy when you realize a restaurant you like finally has nutritional info.
    And the good info with all macros fiber etc and not just calorie content. Smile.
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    When you eat at Chipotle with a friend and log the calorie estimate into your phone before they finish assembling your food.
  • LAT1963
    Options

There are apps for most smartphones that allow you to use them as pedometers, and some (I use runkeeper) that use GPS to log your walks and runs. An actual activity monitor is easier because you don't carry your phone 100% of the time and you can wear your activity monitor close to that (except showering), but the phone is a good back-up device.

That is, if you have a smartphone, and given how much they cost I can understand if you don't.

• LAT1963
    Options
    bbontheb wrote: »
    When you get overly excited when you chop a hunk of say cucumber off for a snack before weighing it, put it on the scale and it read 100g even. I think I actually yell "YES!!!!" haha.

That I try to see how accurate my guesswork is before looking at the scale...hmmm looks like so and so many grams...okay, let's see!

I'm not the only one! I've become an expert in weighing cantaloup by looking at it.
  • LAT1963
    Options
    mkwrose wrote: »
    Charging your FitBit becomes a fraught affair, as you need to ensure that it is done at a time where you are as inactive as possible, so you don't miss any activity, but you don't want to do it overnight because you're fascinated by the sleep tracking.

I take it off after my morning workout when its all sweaty and wash it off with generic Cetaphil, dry it, then let it charge until I'm ready to walk out the door.

I got a waterproof wristband style (Polar A300) because I only have to take it off once every 3-4 weeks to charge. I have owned Fitbits and a Polar Loop and HATED that I had to either take the fitbit off my bra everyday and risk forgetting it or washing it and hated having to charge it every few days. LOVE my A300, it is always with me.

I have an A300 also, and love it. Heart-rate while swimming!
  • angua1234
    angua1234 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    When you get frustrated because the tare button keeps wearing out on your food scales and you don't want to buy new ones so you just have to push it harder and start using coins or pens to assist your righteous efforts.