You Know When You're in the MFP "Zone" When...

Options

Replies

• klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    When you have photos of nutritional panels at the deli counter in your phone from when you bought deli products and needed to know how to track them

I do this with new products, I take a picture so I don't have to bring the empty package into my office to log it.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    When an animal trainer at work is trying to figure out why her animal isn't losing weight ,despite her reducing his food, and I tell her that she needs to start weighing out his biscuits and snacks on a food scale and logging it on MFP.

Which brings the question... is there a version of MFP for pets?
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    MondayJune22nd2015 Posts: 876 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I impatiently wait, for the every 5th day automatic log in update; to my news feed.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    You step on the scale and wonder if you should cut your hair yet - it's got to be heavy, right?

I weighed my ponytail before getting it chopped off just to see how much the extra hair weighed and if it would reflect on the scale. It weighed out to 54 grams.
  • Sirius_12
    Sirius_12 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You flag your coworker for trying to sell you a "toxic cleanse" diet.
  • redperphexion
    redperphexion Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Which brings the question... is there a version of MFP for pets?

That's a million dollar idea.

• wannabeskinnycat
    wannabeskinnycat Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    bbontheb wrote: »
    When you get overly excited when you chop a hunk of say cucumber off for a snack before weighing it, put it on the scale and it read 100g even. I think I actually yell "YES!!!!" haha.

That I try to see how accurate my guesswork is before looking at the scale...hmmm looks like so and so many grams...okay, let's see!

Haha this!

Weighing and deducting the uneaten food ...... at a family meal. In a restaurant. And arguing with my man cos he took the wrong baked potato. And not backing down :)

• cld111
    cld111 Posts: 300 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    When you walk up the escalator because you don't want your Fitbit to falsely give you credit for walking up a set of stairs you didn't earn.
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,149 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    You step on the scale and wonder if you should cut your hair yet - it's got to be heavy, right?

I weighed my ponytail before getting it chopped off just to see how much the extra hair weighed and if it would reflect on the scale. It weighed out to 54 grams.

I weighed my Fitbit tracker

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    OMG, just this morning, I was wondering if my hair could weigh 1/10 of a pound! Like, "If I'd already had it cut, would it be at this goal?" :)
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    klkarlen wrote: »
    When you have photos of nutritional panels at the deli counter in your phone from when you bought deli products and needed to know how to track them

Haha, I do this too. I even went as far to asked the lady behind the counter if I can scan the package!

• VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Being overly excited that in 7 minutes I'll hit my 100 day streak (although in reality I started before then).

Being deeply disappointed and proud of myself for taking a couple of days off being so careful with the calories and still nearly hitting weekly intake goal anyway. Chipotle and two slices of Patisserie Valerie and an extra rest day all accounted for! I guess I really am in the zone!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Regarding Fitbit, the charging part and getting upset when I forgot to wear it is one of the reasons I stopped using it. That, and in Summer when you're only wearing dresses, it's tough to find a place to clip it on.
    I just clip it on to my underwear. :wink:

• catt952
    catt952 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    msf74 wrote: »
    When you weigh yourself before and after pooping and you weigh more...

....after

LOL! Guilty of this one. I still don't get it.

sittin on the toilet...... sittin on the toilet..............

• dimplz1965
    dimplz1965 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Well, thanks for making my night! JaneiR36 - I love the IDGAF :smile:
  • AuroraGeorge8393
    AuroraGeorge8393 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Soopatt wrote: »
    You get irrationally annoyed if someone steals a morsel off your plate or some of the grated cheese you have carefully set aside. I already weighed that!!!! It's MINE!!!!!

I had to sit down and explain this to my boyfriend. "Listen honey. I no longer share stuff, ok? Please don't expect me to offer and please do not grab something if I don't".

By the same token, don't offer me stuff. I don't want a lick or a taste of anything that is not mine, EVER. I am surprised at how often this annoys people.

That's me. I feel like a rabid dog growling at anyone who nears my bowl.
  • AuroraGeorge8393
    AuroraGeorge8393 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    When you'll only eat at eateries, that have Nutrition Facts available; for their items & also bring your scale.

I can relate to that, too. Although I haven't brought my scale with me...yet. I suspect my nearest and dearest would stop eating out with me at that point. ;-)
  • thegreatmd
    thegreatmd Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    msf74 wrote: »
    When you weigh yourself before and after pooping and you weigh more...

....after

Yes... How DOES this happen?!?!
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    MondayJune22nd2015 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    When you'll only eat at eateries, that have Nutrition Facts available; for their items & also bring your scale.

I can relate to that, too. Although I haven't brought my scale with me...yet. I suspect my nearest and dearest would stop eating out with me at that point. ;-)

Well currently I am single but I have thought ahead, when seeking a man. One of my preferences is, that he can't be easily embarrassed.