You Know When You're in the MFP "Zone" When...

Options

Replies

• Luvzy
    Luvzy Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    When I go pick up food for the office and don't order anything for myself, because I already carefully prepared/weighed my lunch the night before. Then I live vicariously through them while they eat their McAlister's.
  • TamLam99
    TamLam99 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    when you start having conversations with your bathroom scale, scary I know.
  • Welshgem84
    Welshgem84 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    This has made me laugh so much! I do pretty much all of these and everyone I know thinks I am crazy!!

ps i get the "how many grams do you want?" question all the time.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Welshgem84 wrote: »
    This has made me laugh so much! I do pretty much all of these and everyone I know thinks I am crazy!!

ps i get the "how many grams do you want?" question all the time.

I'm jealous. My husband would never weigh my stuff, so now I don't even ask him to get me anything anymore (except coffee, as I drink it black anyway).
  • khhregister
    khhregister Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    cld111 wrote: »
    When you have a notebook next to your digital scale with all kinds of mathematical equations written on it.

Hee! I just put a pretty notebook and pen next to my scale so I don't have to remember everything...

• musthavescentscanada
    Options
    That strange look you get when you place your palm over your chicken breast on your plate to make sure it totally IS the size of a deck of cards, and explaining your not actually trying to bless your chicken or do some weird mind meld thing. Lol
    Rach
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    When you have a notebook next to your digital scale with all kinds of mathematical equations written on it.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one. I used to use the notepads from hotels and I finally caved and bought a little 3x5 wire bound notebook

I was doing that until my husband complained about the notes. Now I have a small whiteboard with magnets attached to it so it's always on the fridge. It means I can also write passive-aggressive notes to him when he eats my yoghurt.
  • leahcollett1
    leahcollett1 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    secretly knowing theres a massive silver lining to having the squits ( caught it off my daughters) knowing it will do nothing but positive things on those scales come weigh in day :wink:
  • kazminchu
    kazminchu Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    secretly knowing theres a massive silver lining to having the squits ( caught it off my daughters) knowing it will do nothing but positive things on those scales come weigh in day :wink:

Yep. Anxiety messes with my stomach so on days I have to do scary things I often find myself wondering if maybe I should only log half of that bowl of yoghurt because it only lasted 10 minutes.

And that dodgy protein bar? I definitely only absorbed 0.4 of a serving's calories.
  • LaceyBirds
    LaceyBirds Posts: 451 Member
    Options

I'm so glad I'm not the only one. I used to use the notepads from hotels and I finally caved and bought a little 3x5 wire bound notebook

I was doing that until my husband complained about the notes. Now I have a small whiteboard with magnets attached to it so it's always on the fridge. It means I can also write passive-aggressive notes to him when he eats my yoghurt.

I did the same thing - I bought these: amazon.com/Quartet-ReWritables-Dry-Erase-Magnets-Marker/dp/B00X6IWMJU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1439300121&sr=8-2&keywords=quartet+rewritables

I have one magnet attached to the range hood over my stove and use it all the time now. It saves paper and is very convenient.

• BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    This is too funny, I can relate to so many of these!
    And when you automatically count up the amount of calories in the food items that your family or friends are eating. Or worse, you're out at a restaurant and start assessing the calories of the strangers at the table sitting next to you!
  • BoxerBrawler
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Regarding Fitbit, the charging part and getting upset when I forgot to wear it is one of the reasons I stopped using it. That, and in Summer when you're only wearing dresses, it's tough to find a place to clip it on.
    I just clip it on to my underwear. :wink:

Dang...it just occurred to me that if I wear a dress without a bra, finding a place to clip my Zip is going to be very difficult. I can't just forfeit all of the steps I would earn from a night of dancing!

Oh totally!
    I love, love, love to dance and since I got my Fitbit it's so much better now! :smile:
  • BoxerBrawler
    Options
    When you leave your house and realise that your activity tracker needs to be charged :neutral: Or worse, when you forget to wear it (which never happens), it's as if I'm missing my arm for the day! haha
  • c_leeee
    c_leeee Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    kingnarsis wrote: »
    When you see food items as numbers... Banana is no longer banana but "90"

OMG I love you
  • rune1990
    rune1990 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    When I know I have a solid deficit for the week and I could pretty much eat anything I want and still loose a little that week, but instead l choose to PASS!
  • Mistapholeezkat
    Mistapholeezkat Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    msf74 wrote: »
    When you weigh yourself before and after pooping and you weigh more...

....after

I've actually experienced this and would like to know how the devil that works.
  • Domicinator
    Domicinator Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    When you are digging boxes and bags out of the garbage so that you can scan them into your log. (I recently did this at a funeral luncheon.)
  • punkrockgoth
    punkrockgoth Posts: 534 Member
    Options

....after

Me too! Like wth?

• Domicinator
    Domicinator Posts: 261 Member
    Options

....after

Me too! Like wth?

I once lost a full pound between the time I got in the shower and the time I got back out. Witchcraft!
  • Nuke_64
    Nuke_64 Posts: 406 Member
    Options

....after

Scale accuracy.