You Know When You're in the MFP "Zone" When...

Options

Replies

• cld111
    cld111 Posts: 300 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    linzi02 wrote: »
    earlnabby wrote: »
    When you decide to take a rest day so you only walk 10,000 steps

Indeed. Additionally, forgetting to wear your Fitbit seems like a tragedy of epic proportions.

I did this on Monday - it was like Monday didn't even exist to me anymore!

The worst...
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    cld111 wrote: »
    When you have a notebook next to your digital scale with all kinds of mathematical equations written on it.

I just put the calculator as a shortcut on the bottom bar of my computer for that purpose.
    glassyo wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    When your food scale breaks and you get irrationally sad and annoyed that you won't be able to log accurately for two days until Amazon delivers the new one you ordered.

(Me today! :s )

When it happened to me I ran to the store to buy one before dinner, lol.

When you have a back up food scale juuuuuust in case.

I had 3 at some point, but two died (one got drowned by my dear husband).

Regarding Fitbit, the charging part and getting upset when I forgot to wear it is one of the reasons I stopped using it. That, and in Summer when you're only wearing dresses, it's tough to find a place to clip it on.
  • GetThatRunnersHigh
    GetThatRunnersHigh Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Charging your FitBit becomes a fraught affair, as you need to ensure that it is done at a time where you are as inactive as possible, so you don't miss any activity, but you don't want to do it overnight because you're fascinated by the sleep tracking.

Hahaha yesss! I even keep a charger in the car to make use of the time I'm stuck in traffic.
  • Terri6627
    Terri6627 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Charging your FitBit becomes a fraught affair, as you need to ensure that it is done at a time where you are as inactive as possible, so you don't miss any activity, but you don't want to do it overnight because you're fascinated by the sleep tracking.

THIIIIIS!!! And then you accidentally forget it and it's the worst day ever.
  • liv_namaste
    liv_namaste Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    When splitting something with my husband means he is so totally getting the bigger half. I'm saving my calories for later!
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    msf74 wrote: »
    When you weigh yourself before and after pooping and you weigh more...

....after

Lol Yes!

• IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    Options
    mary251 wrote: »
    When you click on the "complete this entry" button right after logging dinner so that you're not tempted to snack in the evening. (I'm too embarrassed to add a snack after I've finished logging for the day, and refuse to cheat, so it's cut out my evening nibbles entirely!)

Ha! Yep. That works for me too!

I pre-logged ice-cream last night and then didn't even eat it. Now I have to go back to yesterday's log and change it...
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    Options
    I see my kids food as calories in food shape and worry when they don't finish their food. But you only ate 30 calories!
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    Options
    Soopatt wrote: »
    When you pick a wrapper out of the garbage cause you forgot to scan it...I did that this morning. Actually done it several times in the past...

ha ha! I did it last night! Luckily it was not too deep down.

me too. It reminded me of this....

http://www.theonion.com/graphic/box-cooking-instructions-immediately-retrieved-tra-50804
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    Options
    You notice that over time you see your body as a chemistry set more than just something you shovel food into

I talk about what I'm going to eat for lunch based on my workout after work. Coworkers look at me like I just stepped off a UFO.

so much yes. i can better tell what my body and mind needs that way.

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    linzi02 wrote: »
    earlnabby wrote: »
    When you decide to take a rest day so you only walk 10,000 steps

Indeed. Additionally, forgetting to wear your Fitbit seems like a tragedy of epic proportions.

I did this on Monday - it was like Monday didn't even exist to me anymore!

Sunday for me--changed clothes a bunch of times and accidentally left my zip on the wrong bra. Then I went and danced for five hours. So many wasted steps! I will spend the next week trying to make up for it. My Fitbit total for the week is currently something like 70,000 steps--so embarrassing!
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    When your food scale breaks and you get irrationally sad and annoyed that you won't be able to log accurately for two days until Amazon delivers the new one you ordered.

(Me today! :s )

When it happened to me I ran to the store to buy one before dinner, lol.

Me too. And I hated that one. And the next one. Finally found one I liked.
  • DuckReconMajor
    DuckReconMajor Posts: 434 Member
    Options

I take it off after my morning workout when its all sweaty and wash it off with generic Cetaphil, dry it, then let it charge until I'm ready to walk out the door.
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Charging the Fit Bit...yes! That's a tough one.

Edit: on Monday I woke up before my alarm. I set my Fit Bit to charge then read for an hour. :)
  • Jocampgrl
    Jocampgrl Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    [/quote]YES YES YES YES!! My kids (3yo and 1.5yo) steal my food and my husband laughs while I sulk. I logged it and now I'm going to starve![/quote]

i have 3 kids (5,3, and 1.5) and they steal my food but most of the time i am secretly happy that i have now eaten less calories then i logged. but i am always hungry!!
  • Heidisjourney
    Heidisjourney Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Dariasen wrote: »
    You have an internal temper tantrum when dinner plans change because you prelogged.

Oh yes definitely
  • Jocampgrl
    Jocampgrl Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    davert123 wrote: »
    When you stop worrying what you can't eat and concentrate on what you can to hit that bloody protein macro

this.
  • emilygilman1
    emilygilman1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    When you go around scanning the barcodes of all the food in your fridge/pantry while your family watches in confusion