Best tip ever?

Options

Replies

• fuelednfit
    fuelednfit Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Stop putting mountains between you and your goals.
  • terar21
    terar21 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Furbuster wrote: »
    Don't use food as treats. You're not a dog

This so much. I cringe just thinking about how I used to believe that if I was "good" all week I could treat myself Friday night. Jesus christ...
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Have a forgiving mindset. If you blow it, don't give up. Just acknowledge the slip and get back on track.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    terar21 wrote: »

This so much. I cringe just thinking about how I used to believe that if I was "good" all week I could treat myself Friday night. Jesus christ...

This is pretty much how I live every week. ::laugh::
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    rhtexasgal wrote: »
    Do not compare yourself to others losing weight. You are unique and come with a unique set of circumstances.

I got the opposite (great) advice: "We're all basically the same - emulate someone who has already succeeded at what you want to do."

• jesikalovesyou
    jesikalovesyou Posts: 172 Member
    Options

Yes!!!
  • missomgitsica
    missomgitsica Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Make small changes, be patient, and don't let one mistake ruin your whole day.

That one mistake thing is probably the best of the 3. For a long time I was the type of person who, if I screwed up one thing, would let my whole day go to crap. Like if I ate a huge fast food breakfast that put me almost at my calorie goal, instead of being reasonable and eating right for the rest of the day, I'd be like eff it and then eat fast food all day and not exercise.
  • jessicapk
    jessicapk Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Every calorie, every meal, every day. They add up and you will amaze yourself at how quickly time flies once you get started.
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Log every bite. Weight/measure it before you eat it.
  • lovematthewchristopher
    lovematthewchristopher Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Dont diet, choose a new way of eating! Whatever you do, make sure that your choices are maintainable for life. Dont give up something now, that you are going to struggle with later.Everything in moderation!!!
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    MondayJune22nd2015 Posts: 876 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Make small changes, be patient, and don't let one mistake ruin your whole day.

That one mistake thing is probably the best of the 3. For a long time I was the type of person who, if I screwed up one thing, would let my whole day go to crap. Like if I ate a huge fast food breakfast that put me almost at my calorie goal, instead of being reasonable and eating right for the rest of the day, I'd be like eff it and then eat fast food all day and not exercise.

Then I'd relaunch my diet/exercise regimen the next day & that'd then ruin my entire week of knowingly achievable goals. So basically, ruining a meal; ruins a day but ruining a day, ruins a week. I'd rather extend my goals another day, than another week.
  • R1rainbows
    R1rainbows Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    After a bad food day for me this thread is just what the doctor ordered :) my personal favorite: "a year from now you'll wish you started yesterday." Made me think that there's no time like the present, so why not today?
  • Sandyslosenit
    Sandyslosenit Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Be "Armed"! We are at war with ourselves, our willpower, our co-workers and sometimes even our loved ones ! Make sure you're "Armed" (perpared) daily. Have enough healthy foods on hand when you're at home. Make sure you "Arm" yourself and take enough with you when leaving the house. If you don't or can't pack a travel meal bag then "Arm" yourself with knowledge- know what restaurants are in the area and going to suit you needs. Pick what you're going to order before you go in; less temptation than trying to scan a menu while hungry . "Arm" yourself by planning ahead of time (fail to plan, plan to fail)! Blessings
  • motorola10
    motorola10 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Don't stand in the way of your goals.
  • WeddedBliss1992
    WeddedBliss1992 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    haileycram wrote: »
    what is the best diet/weight loss tip you have ever gotten??

just because you slip and have 1 bad meal, doesn't mean you have to ruin the whole day.
    just because you slip and have 1 bad day, doesn't mean you have to ruin the whole week.
    just because you slip and have 1 bad week, doesn't mean you have to ruin the whole month.

• beachykeen81
    beachykeen81 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Your body is built in the gym, and revealed in the kitchen.
  • initialsdeebee
    initialsdeebee Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Helps to think of breaking this big thing down into merely a series of little choices. All you have to do is make these choices as they come up. You know the bad choice and the good choice for each moment.
  • Livgetfit
    Livgetfit Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Control the controllables.
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    If you think you can't then you can't. If you think you can then you can.
  • thegreatshopper
    thegreatshopper Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Don't give up what you want most for what you want now.

Love this one. I'm stealing it.