This may be vain and petty...but

Options

Replies

• LexiAtel
    LexiAtel Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    You have some good "friend" there. How rude and discouraging...Friends shouldn't do that... she should be supporting you, saying "YOU CAN DO IT!"

Anyway, it looks like you have lost a good amount already, keep at it! Congratulations!
  • njenkins84
    njenkins84 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The greatest motivation is doing something that you've been told you can't.

I'll never forget when I was in 6th grade and my 'friend' at the time stopped me while we were shooting hoops to say, "You'd be so pretty if you were skinny!"
  • Gromssis
    Gromssis Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    "Don't let people who have given up on their dreams talk you out of yours!"

This is right on the money!! The friend is despairing and suffering from low self esteem... and projecting her own failure on the friend whose success she finds very threatening. I say ignore her comments and continue being strong on your journey... and when you end up skinnier than her, you can smile to yourself and feel proud of your accomplishment.:wink:
  • cupcakes_and_cardio
    cupcakes_and_cardio Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I don't think you're being petty at all! People DO need to think before they speak (I'm not innocent of this at all, but..)...I know I would never say something like this is somebody - very rude! And, I was told this my entire life, it's not true! People will hate...just prove to them otherwise! :)
  • sunfirelynn
    sunfirelynn Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Wow, She sure doesnt sound like a very good friend to me. Friends like that you dont need. But I do hope you show her you can do it and then rub it in her face!!!
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    I'd invite her over for dinner once a week and dump tons of something in her food that adds like 500 extra calories. :P
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    "Don't let people who have given up on their dreams talk you out of yours!"

I have a gym shirt that says this. Love it!
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I just read this:

The ones who say "You can't" and "You Won't"...are probably the ones scared that "YOU WILL"...

seems about right for your Frienemy....Just keep doing what you are doing and don't let her negativity get you down.
  • Dora1201
    Dora1201 Posts: 5
    Options
    Honestly it sounds like your "friend" may be getting jealous of your weight loss success. Keep going girl until you reach your goal and just let the haters keep hating because who has time in their lies these days to even entertain such childish behavior. :smile:
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Ha! What motivation!

And this thread made me smile because when i was starting my journey i had a couple people, Family members actually, who told me that i basically shouldn't even try, i've always been big, even as a kid and that was just how my body was naturally made. I was made to be "big boned" and would never be small. Hurt me at the time but guess what I did on Sunday after trying on a pair of jeans at the mall? I took a picture, put it next to my old one and posted it on facebook with the caption "This picture is for all those who told me that I was just naturally big boned and would never be small. HA. Thanks for the motivation!" Now THAT may be petty but whatever, i dont even care. Not a one of them commented on it LOL!
  • Annmarie0426
    Options
    RUDE on her part for saying that! I hope you get healthier, more fit and are happier than she is...sounds like she is the kind of person who has to put down others to make herself feel better. Good luck!
  • Butterfly2022MD
    Butterfly2022MD Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    she sounds jealous.
  • lanajaymurphy
    Options
    Game on mole.

That is all..
  • abbyreciouz
    abbyreciouz Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    thats a terrible thing for her to say... the BEST revenge shall be your success! get skinny girl! and show her how it is!
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    What a *****! Sometimes I can't believe the things people say. I'd do the same thing you're doing. I'm competitive in nature :)
  • MattKnight66
    Options
    :) Take the motivation where yu can get it!

Yes.. Some people need to think before speaking.
  • Tsrwalker
    Tsrwalker Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Mightydomo you are hilarious. That's what she should have done..lol
  • CMay16
    CMay16 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Not terrible at all. When you hit your goal, enjoy your victory and flaunt it in your "friend's" face!
  • redda777
    redda777 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I don't think it is petty or vain! I would do the exact same thing your doing :)
  • Aylawade
    Aylawade Posts: 22
    Options
    Whatever it takes to motivate you! I don't think that's vain or petty. She was hurtful so prove her wrong! My motivation is that I am 25, I should look my absolute best right now! (and I have plans to take boudoir pics before I am fat AND old! They are as much for me as for my hubby!)