This may be vain and petty...but

Options
123457»

Replies

• Aylawade
    Aylawade Posts: 22
    Options
    Ha! What motivation!

And this thread made me smile because when i was starting my journey i had a couple people, Family members actually, who told me that i basically shouldn't even try, i've always been big, even as a kid and that was just how my body was naturally made. I was made to be "big boned" and would never be small. Hurt me at the time but guess what I did on Sunday after trying on a pair of jeans at the mall? I took a picture, put it next to my old one and posted it on facebook with the caption "This picture is for all those who told me that I was just naturally big boned and would never be small. HA. Thanks for the motivation!" Now THAT may be petty but whatever, i dont even care. Not a one of them commented on it LOL!

YOU GO GIRL!!! You look great!
  • xinit0
    xinit0 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    And so now my petty motivation is to be 'skinnier' than she is. Its vain and petty and slightly terrible, but there it is. People need to play things in their head before they speak out loud. Seriously.

I was talking with a friend, and he made some comment about how he didn't see me riding a bike. I don't think he meant it as a weight comment, but just a general purpose lifestyle comment; he'd likely even be correct.

At the time, however, I read it as a weight comment, and I laughed out loud at him, clapped him on the back and said "in six months I'll weigh less than you do."

So far, so good...
  • TheNewLorrain
    TheNewLorrain Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    you are a better person then I am I would have most likely cried and smacked em...lol no seriously I am so sorry they said that to you we are all guilty of not thinking before we speak. It is like really ? did you just say that
  • Zombella
    Zombella Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    She probably said it because she was thinking that she is skinny fat. It was really rude of her to say that and I say go for it!
  • labeachgirl
    labeachgirl Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    She's a friend? Sounds more like a frenemy to me...
  • cosmicjenn
    cosmicjenn Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I think it's less vain and petty and rather the last straw so to speak. It may have been that final "**** this" you were looking for to be entirely motivated. Skinny to you and skinny to someone else are two different things. As long as your ultimate goal is to feel confident when you look in the mirror who cares if you want to be skinnier than her.
  • ecoldbrook
    ecoldbrook Posts: 20
    Options
    Thanks for all your kind words. I know I need to make a healthy change for myself, but sometimes competition is a great motivator as well. My friend and I are Now in a weight loss competition taking place solely in my mind.