Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Let's have an actual chat - no "would you date/*kitten*/marry/add the person below you" games

Options

Replies

• Katiebear_81
    Katiebear_81 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Music eh? I have probiotic-induced gas, does that count?

Absolutely. It must be in the air... I've been gassy lately too.

• Ria_StayingFit
    Ria_StayingFit Posts: 6,891 Member
    Options
    rushfive wrote: »
    Hello all...kind of refreshing to post more than two to three word comments.

I am Ria and almost 41...I have teenaged kids that I had young so I am looking forward to having them leave the best so hubby and I can do some of the things we didn't get around to do by when the kids were little. Mainly travelling more and having adventures I missed out on being a mom in my early twenties. My job is very sedentary so I really look forward to my 1.5 hour workouts and in the summer spend as much time by/in the pool as I can. Want to to know anything else feel free to ask. :)

Hey Ria,
    I have been an "empty nester" for a couple years now..... Not as Great as I thought it would be... lol
    Like you, I had them in my 20's and missed out on some things. As a mom, I pretty much dedicated my life to them and when they left I had a VERY hard time..
    Thanks be hubby did his best to help me get over it and eventually I did.. I still miss them coming in/out of the house all the time.
    But the less dishes, less laundry, less mess.... is GREAT.

Pool time sounds great, you must be in a warm area.? What do you do for your workouts?

ps...FYI............ f,50, married, 3 grown boys. 28,26.24.

I am sure I will have moments of "oh I wish they were still home" but I am in of the middle of teenage angst and I hate my parents and anyone I perceive as having authority over me stage of his life and everyday seems to be a challenge. :)

All that aside, I have amazing kids and a wonderful husband...we have dedicated our lives to them, both in competitive sports with lots of traveling, and I am now ready to wind down and enjoy some freedom with my sexy hubby. ;)
  • memere101
    memere101 Posts: 461 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Finally an actual chat thread :smile:
  • memere101
    Options
    Actually wrote an entire introduction and that's all it would let me post. I guess my life is even too boring for MFP lol
    Let me try again, I'm Linda, married, 53, 5 kids, 6 grandkids. I live in Virginia . Right now I have been unsuccessfully trying to convince my 2 1/2 year old grandson to take his nap :( at this point I don't know who needs one more, him or me.
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    memere101 wrote: »
    Actually wrote an entire introduction and that's all it would let me post. I guess my life is even too boring for MFP lol
    Let me try again, I'm Linda, married, 53, 5 kids, 6 grandkids. I live in Virginia . Right now I have been unsuccessfully trying to convince my 2 1/2 year old grandson to take his nap :( at this point I don't know who needs one more, him or me.

If you lay down with him and fall asleep yourself you won't know if he napped or not. :)
  • Ria_StayingFit
    Ria_StayingFit Posts: 6,891 Member
    Options
    Alison...I really like how you think...any advice on how to handle an ornery 17 year old that spent his entire summer sleeping and eating?
  • memere101
    Options
    Ria you could always send him here for a vacation, he could vacuum the pool and clean the yard for me and when the fun wears off he can get the little one down for a nap lol
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    Haha. There's a solution.
    Otherwise might I suggest boarding school? it's on my list for my boy
  • memere101
    Options
    Maximus I have enough of that potty training the little guy right now
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Riveting.
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,276 Member
    Options
    Holy sh!te, where has peanut butter powder been all my life?! Amazing!
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    What a nice thread (I've read up to page 13 and will catch up on the rest later). I do enjoy participating in some of the word games and trivia posts, but not the "above" person posts. Nothing against them, just not my cup of tea. "Cup of tea." That sure highlights my age!

My name is Marcie and I'm 18,419 days old ( ;) ). My highest know weight was 350 lbs and I've lost 120 lbs so far. Still chipping away at it, but I'm confident I'll get there. I've worked in the same office now for 27 years and will most likely be there until I retire or croak, whichever comes first. My kids are of the furry variety. I have a 13 year old set-in-his-ways tuxedo cat (Simon) and a 3.5 years old chug (chihuahua mixed with pug) dog (Cisco) who is a cuddle bug. My retired dad and I live together (lost my mom to cancer 4 years ago). My favorite forms of exercise is walking and swimming.

It was nice reading your posts and getting to know you.

My sleepy boy...

08mln5k5l3c7.jpg
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,276 Member
    Options
    Great lookin' puppers!
  • memere101
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Good morning :smile: and as Mr. Rodgers would sing, It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    For a class project, a college professor asks all of his students to brainstorm and yell out different kinds of stereotypes.
    "All blonde girls are dumb!" yells a boy in the back.
    "Sony!" Yells the blonde girl in the front.
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Jackie. I don't remember what else I'm supposed to say about myself. Can't I just say something ridiculous about the person above!?!?

It's Friday. I'll be clock watching all day. 5 day work weeks are just stupid. *stamps feet*

I just realized a Starbucks Iced Latte is less calories than a hot latte. Hmm...interesting.

I wonder what my dogs are doing right now. Probably sleeping. I would like to be sleeping. How can I arrange a Freaky Friday situation with me and one of my dogs? They live the LIFE!

Looking forward to my mini-vacation next weekend to Savannah!
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    MondayJune22nd2015 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    138shades wrote: »
    I've been on this site for a long time and one thing I notice is when I reply to someone I rarely go back to see their reply

I guess it's the internet and all, and it really does not matter.

I am too nosy, not to. I even want to learn more languages, so that I can eavesdrop on people; that don't think that I know their language & then shock them by responding, if/when they say something mortifying.
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    edited August 2015
    Options
    138shades wrote: »
    hahah ^ I feel ya but I'm to the point in my life, that others opinions don't matter that much anymore unless you are my boss lol. (and even then)

I don't care what others think either (my dating profiles prove that, lol because of TMI) but I enjoy the horrified reactions, of those that do care; what other's think of them.
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Non_Stop wrote: »
    Good morning everyone...so question for you guys. I come from a large family, but I live far away from all of them. You always hear about how family is everything and as much as I love my family, I love culture and different experiences just as much. I'm blessed to have an opportunity to move nearly to any continent on this beautiful Earth. But I'm torn in that I don't want to cheat my boys out of "family". At same time, I want to give them things that I yearned for as a young man. What's your take?

Good morning, Skype with your family regularly & visit with them, in person; if/when you're able to.