Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Let's have an actual chat - no "would you date/*kitten*/marry/add the person below you" games

Options

Replies

• mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Non_Stop wrote: »
    Good morning everyone...so question for you guys. I come from a large family, but I live far away from all of them. You always hear about how family is everything and as much as I love my family, I love culture and different experiences just as much. I'm blessed to have an opportunity to move nearly to any continent on this beautiful Earth. But I'm torn in that I don't want to cheat my boys out of "family". At same time, I want to give them things that I yearned for as a young man. What's your take?

Good morning, Skype with your family regularly & visit with them, in person; if/when you're able to.

Agree. I wished we had Skype when I was a child. I was an only child and outside of my parents, we didn't see the extended family (grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins) too often. Maybe once a year. I feel I kind of missed out on the family thing.

• LexDecember1988
    LexDecember1988 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    date..
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Tracy and I want in on this conversation thread because I'm bored at work and all the 'person above you' threads annoy me.

I'm kinda a nerd...I love scifi and horror movies and I'm a total Netflix junkie.

I lost almost 70 pounds just counting calories and have no idea what HIIT is, never belonged to a gym and the only thing I lift heavy is my groceries.

oh - and I just found out this week that I have an allergy to Sun Chips :'(
  • rushfive
    rushfive Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Ahhh, sun chips. I just finished off a bag. Well, it lasted at least a week. Working a bag of low sodium plain chips this week.. chips are the only good thing I can find that goes good with a turkey sandwich at lunch.

I like the old time horror movies.
    I love Fridays..... my day to NOT HAVE TO COOK DINNER.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    Options
    rushfive wrote: »
    Ahhh, sun chips. I just finished off a bag. Well, it lasted at least a week. Working a bag of low sodium plain chips this week.. chips are the only good thing I can find that goes good with a turkey sandwich at lunch.

Something in them gives me terrible hives :( I love the way they taste but it's just not worth it wahhhhhh

I think I'm getting Mexican take-out tonight but shhhhh....don't tell any of my MFP Friends because the diet police may come and get me!

• Annaleighmarie
    Annaleighmarie Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Excuse me,
    How are you all today? I am Annaleigh and I have just arrived on this lovely forum!

• rushfive
    Options

Something in them gives me terrible hives :( I love the way they taste but it's just not worth it wahhhhhh

I think I'm getting Mexican take-out tonight but shhhhh....don't tell any of my MFP Friends because the diet police may come and get me!

Ya, best not to eat them....haha

Usually Friday means hubby has to cook, so either take out or some kind of frozen food. I don't mind the frozen shrimp but the frozen pizza is grouse.

I never had a "friend" on mfp police me on my foods..... I have had one say I didn't eat enough, but if she would of read my Notes, I had dental work done so did not eat much that day.
    Have you ever not logged a food b.c of what mfp friend might say?

This weekend looks quiet around here, to hot to do much... may do a little yard work before to hot out.
  • rushfive
    Options
    I am assuming it is just my computer, but the ads on this site slow the loading WAY down... I don't have this problem on other sites so it makes me wonder if others are getting the drag down time on mfp due to advertising.
    Anybody else, or just me?
  • mygnsac
    Options
    I am assuming it is just my computer, but the ads on this site slow the loading WAY down... I don't have this problem on other sites so it makes me wonder if others are getting the drag down time on mfp due to advertising.

I've heard others complain about this, but so far it hasn't affected me. I access the site through a PC (at work using Firefox), an Ipad (at home using Safari) and an android phone (on-the-go using the APP or Chrome).
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    Options

Ya, best not to eat them....haha

Usually Friday means hubby has to cook, so either take out or some kind of frozen food. I don't mind the frozen shrimp but the frozen pizza is grouse.

I never had a "friend" on mfp police me on my foods..... I have had one say I didn't eat enough, but if she would of read my Notes, I had dental work done so did not eat much that day.
    Have you ever not logged a food b.c of what mfp friend might say?

This weekend looks quiet around here, to hot to do much... may do a little yard work before to hot out.

No, but since my diary isn't private I've had a few make some comments...needless to say, I've scaled down my FL big time. And also - jut say 2 weeks from now I go onto the General Diet Questions forum and I'm like "my weight hasn't budged blah blah" and the someone would comment that "well 2 weeks ago you ate at Chipotle"

I really need to stop caring what people on here think lololol

btw - I'm having big time knee surgery in a few days so I guess I won't be logging in so much for a while :(

• rushfive
    Options
    I did the same on cleaning out the friend count.
    I usually just use the food diary and read some discussions... rarely have I started a disc. but I will ask a question on a active one just so I don't have to start one..hehe

Wow, knee surgery, sorry. But assuming for the better. ;) Good Luck with that.
  • rushfive
    Options
    mygnsac wrote: »

I've heard others complain about this, but so far it hasn't affected me. I access the site through a PC (at work using Firefox), an Ipad (at home using Safari) and an android phone (on-the-go using the APP or Chrome).

It may have something to do with my security features...idk. Can get frustrating.
    I use an old laptop in my living room just to check out internet, no work or ordering going on with it.. so maybe I need to take it in and have it cleaned up.
    I should load an "ad blocker".
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    Options
    I've started one or 2 when I first came on here last year...and let me tell you, I got my *kitten* handed to me lololol

rough times, man. Just for fun, start a thread telling everyone you're doing 1200 calories a day and watch what happens :p
  • emma_denyer
    emma_denyer Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone I'm Emma. I've just joined the app how is everyone this evening?
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    Great it's Friday after a busy day..
  • marthaelisa80
    marthaelisa80 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    I'm 35 years old, married with 2 children. I have a teenage daughter and a 1 year old son.
  • mygnsac
    Options

Hi Emma! It's noon here and I'm ready for the work day to be over and the weekend to start. Ha!
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    Options

hey Emma!!! It's only 3:45 in the afternoon here in New Jersey :)

• handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    And it's warm here.. To warm
  • emma_denyer
    emma_denyer Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    :) keep forgetting its Friday!