Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Let's have an actual chat - no "would you date/*kitten*/marry/add the person below you" games

Options

Replies

• OneHundredToLose
    OneHundredToLose Posts: 8,523 Member
    Options
    Wondering why I haven't seen this thread until now. The "forum games" get tiresome after a while, especially the ones that are 300+ pages of yes or no answers.

I'm using MFP to lose 100lbs. I have been overweight most of my life, and not because of a health condition. The reason is, quite simply, that up until recently I didn't care about my weight and kept convincing myself that I'd get around to losing weight at some point, but it wasn't important right now. I suddenly realized how out of control it has gotten though, and now I'm going to do something about it. No more excuses, no more waiting.
  • PandaBWA
    PandaBWA Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Wondering why I haven't seen this thread until now. The "forum games" get tiresome after a while, especially the ones that are 300+ pages of yes or no answers.

I'm using MFP to lose 100lbs. I have been overweight most of my life, and not because of a health condition. The reason is, quite simply, that up until recently I didn't care about my weight and kept convincing myself that I'd get around to losing weight at some point, but it wasn't important right now. I suddenly realized how out of control it has gotten though, and now I'm going to do something about it. No more excuses, no more waiting.

My life, right there. I'd always "lose weight someday". Hah... Oh, the lies we tell ourselves. I guess it's true now, though.
  • OneHundredToLose
    Options
    PandaBWA wrote: »

My life, right there. I'd always "lose weight someday". Hah... Oh, the lies we tell ourselves. I guess it's true now, though.

Exactly. I always told myself it wasn't that out of hand, I wasn't that big, etc. Then one day not too long ago I stepped on the scale and saw a number I never thought I'd see.
  • PandaBWA
    Options
    Exactly. I always told myself it wasn't that out of hand, I wasn't that big, etc. Then one day not too long ago I stepped on the scale and saw a number I never thought I'd see.

Yeah... I kept telling myself "I'm not 200 yet, I've still got a way to go." Yeah, I'm only 20 pounds away from that, SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, time to work on it.
  • OneHundredToLose
    Options
    Now that I'm really trying to do this though, it's not anywhere near as bad as I imagined, and I'm already seeing results on the scale. I know I can do it, it's just a matter of not giving in to urges and temptations.
  • paul199madrid
    paul199madrid Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone how's it going ?
  • PandaBWA
    Options
    Now that I'm really trying to do this though, it's not anywhere near as bad as I imagined, and I'm already seeing results on the scale. I know I can do it, it's just a matter of not giving in to urges and temptations.

Yeah, it's not really that bad!
  • PandaBWA
    Options
    Hey everyone how's it going ?
    Great here. Settling on my couch with the last of my snacks in my calorie allotment of the day, reading a book. Kids are asleep, I don't have to work, hubby isn't home yet... life is goooooood right now.
  • paul199madrid
    Options
    Right glad to hear !!!
  • paul199madrid
    Options
    Ehhh I'm alright just at work have 2 more days left then I get laid off
  • Crimson_Fire
    Crimson_Fire Posts: 2,504 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm fat and I can't sleep. So I'm on mfp. :)

Yall having a good Friday?
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,276 Member
    Options
    Nah, still at work. In 4 hours it will be a great Saturday morning though!
  • PurringMyrrh
    Options

Laid off sucks. Is it a good thing or bad thing for you? Anything lined up?
  • suzreen
    suzreen Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options

Are you worried, excited, happy, or what about getting laid off? Will you look for another job right away or take a break?
  • suzreen
    Options
    Hi. I'm fat and I can't sleep. So I'm on mfp. :)

Yall having a good Friday?

hahaha! Yep, Friday is always good, Saturday & Sunday even better. It's those Mondays that really bite...

• suzreen
    Options
    I got laid off once, and was actually relieved. I really didn't like the job much, but didn't want to quit because I hadn't been there very long, and wanted to keep a stable work history on my resume. I couldn't believe how the weight lifted off of me when they told me. I was upset at first, then I was darn happy. They later offered to hire me back,and I said nope.
  • paul199madrid
    Options

Laid off sucks. Is it a good thing or bad thing for you? Anything lined up?

Not really good cause I have a family but oh well something new to look forward to
  • PurringMyrrh
    Options
    It would be hard to feel secure there after that anyhow.
  • paul199madrid
    Options
    suzreen wrote: »

Are you worried, excited, happy, or what about getting laid off? Will you look for another job right away or take a break?

I have no idea my wife wants to work so maybe just stay at home dad ??
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    Yikes Paul hope you find something quickly