The Cleanse

Options
18910111214»

Replies

• BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Yogi has a tea to help with water weight, ive had success with both, check out. Just a suggestion

did you even read the 9 pages before you dropped this post here?
    or shall we start the whole discussion over now?

• mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Yogi has a tea to help with water weight, ive had success with both, check out. Just a suggestion

None of this is any good information. time helps with water weight.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    mccindy72 wrote: »

None of this is any good information. time helps with water weight.

Water helps with water weight.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options

Oh-dear-god-GIF.gif
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

Please don't :cold_sweat:

• Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    Bakins929 wrote: »
    Just schedule a colonoscopy with your doctor and you will be clean as a whistle! Plus, you get a coolonoscopy out of the deal.

Exactly. You can do the chicken broth cleanse the day before the procedure too!
  • MissAbbee
    MissAbbee Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    lorenswan wrote: »

The words detox or cleanse literally don't appear anywhere on that page, it's about a completely different topic..

..why am I still answering.
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    The world cleanse is the problem. It fools people into thinking something special is happening when it's not. People can juice if they like but they are no better off than someone who eats the fruit whole. Also it's not something everyone can sustain for long periods

Actually, it's just a little better than eating it whole because you can absorb more of the nutrients than when it's in its solid state & also, when you juice the foods you can eat more in a single sitting. So it'd be easier to eat 1 Apple 3 cups of kale 1 banana & 2 cups of water in one drink than just to eat all of those foods whole at once.. Just has to do with convenience on that part.
    No, no it's not better ...you cannot absorb more because it's in juice format from the same amount of ingredients...and why would you..

The body can only use so much protein, vitamins, minerals and the rest is excreted ...balance your diet with real food and you can meet nutritional targets easily

Juice if you prefer drinking your calories

But there are no magical qualities in liquefying food and for many that 250 calorie hit of juice would be far less satisfying than if taken as real food, chewed and digested
    http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2014/04/19/juicing-benefits.aspx

Mercola? That's what you're going off of?

tumblr_ns5onyn7Rt1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

Then again, from someone who spouts off every ridiculous food-mock-u-mentary on Netflix, I really shouldn't be surprised.

• mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    lorenswan wrote: »

The only things remotely related to your point are actually refuting it: food thermogenesis (it actually takes energy to digest food, so your cleanse is counterproductive) and Green Tea under the myths (IOW, it doesn't actually boost metabolism).

Maybe I'm missing something. Can you quote the part that leads to your "I told u [sic] so"?
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    This reminds me of a failed quest get unfriended by a girl on FB who is convinced that GMOs will kill you and the opposite is organic.

I was told Penn State was not a valid source and linked to Mercola and something like Natural News.

Eat food. Just less of it than you're burning. Then profit.