WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2105

Options

Replies

• miakoda40
    miakoda40 Posts: 467 Member
    Options

Mary from Minnesota -
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Mia - Happy Anniversary! I am glad that you enjoyed your dinner and time with your DH. I know that using MFP I am able to go back and record food for the prior day so that I do not lose the logging streak. So go back and enter for the day that you missed and it will reset.

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it and it doesn’t seem to have worked. Perhaps it is because too much time has passed. I’ll just settle for starting over again.

Michele in NC -
    exermom wrote: »
    DJ - my scale only measures to the 1/2 pound, also. But I think that's enough for me. No, I always say that women are born with an extra gene, the worry gene, and it doesn't kick in until you have children. I told my son once, "when I die, I'm coming back from the dead to worry about you"

LOL! I used to tease my mom that she would worry if she didn’t have anything to worry about.

Mia in MI

August goals:
    Continue to honestly log food every day
    Continue to meet PT one day a week for strength training
    Get at least one hour a week of aerobic exercise
    Stop Iced Tea overload. 16 oz. iced tea daily plus 48 oz. water

• terri_mom
    terri_mom Posts: 748 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Linda in CA - Hugs ! Mine also is not interested. He had "Computer" problems during his Mid-life Crisis, and it took a long time of NO viewing to get his mind back to normal (and seeing me in a cute nighty several months and therapy appointments later helped). Now, he is just in such bad physical condition that he tries not to think about it at all (and knows better than to go back to the internet). So, we do the hand-holding and snuggling and such, but know that we are not likely to ever go back "to normal". I also believe he has either low-T or mild depression, but refuses to take anything other than Tylenol or Alleve, so will never be treated.

Mary - Thanks! I will probably keep him a few more years, because the stronger he gets, the easier it is for him to do all the things I am unable to do. I am working closely with my rheumatologist and physical therapist, and since I am part of the crowd that is avoiding joint replacement, the most I lift is 10 pounds, with the most common being 3-5 pounds. I use the recumbent bike or hand bike at least 5 times a week, depending on which joints are currently having a debilitating flare, and which only have "work-able" pain. And I am hoping that DH keeps working out, so eventually they can take turns lifting, and I can get back on one of the bikes. It is worth it to me that I work-out during my work breaks, so they can work-out on evenings and weekends and I will suck it up and be the spotter. I know that if DH would do some lifting, he would feel better and healthier and burn more calories, but he was NOT receptive to that idea on Sunday, so I'll leave it be for awhile. // I really think the timing is key here for DS. He increased his lifting the day after he asked (and I first noticed leg hair), so he is probably currently at maximum testosterone levels, and at the perfect place for lifting. Plus, with red hair and a name like Payne, I need to give him as much chance as possible. :D

Terri
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    17761776 wrote: »
    You can never be over dressed Only under dressed!! You both looked great!! One time we would dress for all theater events. Enjoy!! Gayle Minneapolis

heehee....you say "under dressed" like its a baaad thing... Well I will never be under dressed for a long while now...winter is coming! I still have the constitution like a Californian... It would be 115 in Vacaville CA and I would be ...ahhh heat. Those weekends we would be at the resort too, and 115 is great if you are a nudist. I just walked from one water source to another...Then drank a gallon of water at the dance!
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Annr wrote: »
    17761776 wrote: »
    You can never be over dressed Only under dressed!! You both looked great!! One time we would dress for all theater events. Enjoy!! Gayle Minneapolis

heehee....you say "under dressed" like its a baaad thing... Well I will never be under dressed for a long while now...winter is coming! I still have the constitution like a Californian... It would be 115 in Vacaville CA and I would be ...ahhh heat. Those weekends we would be at the resort too, and 115 is great if you are a nudist. I just walked from one water source to another...Then drank a gallon of water at the dance!

Come to Minnesota in February, sooooo cold people die!! Well that's not true but almost. We all are very old here but don't show our age due to the face freezing for 8 months!! We don't need Botox, just go outside!! Gayle Minneapolis
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday ladies! One of you ladies wrote in a comment, what a lucky lady I was. Well, there are many days I think that. But we had to walk thru hell to get to this point. I messed up big time in life, and almost lost him. He almost died a couple of times throughout his awaiting a liver. I am a big believer in "you reap what you sow". So now I look at our life as a gift. Second changes don't come lightly in this world. So its a kind of wake up and smell the coffee feeling. Pay attention to things that matter, and let other mental baggage go by the wayside.
    I thank you for all the positive comments. I know while I go thru this journey you all will be my biggest support system. I think its important to recognize where you are NOW and celebrate it. So now I look at my pictures and think, "I am a big woman, but I am embracing that, its ok". I think you have to really walk in the shoes you are given to truely understand where you need to go. I think the nudist in me rejoices in the fact that there is perfection in imperfections. There is a side of me that will never want to be a perfect 10. Does that mean that I don't want to change for the better? No, that means that in order for me to "get it" I have to accept the way I am, in all my appley figure :-)
    Thanks again...
    You all are stunning, powerful, amazing, encouraging, ladies :-)
    Becca
    Oregon
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,646 Member
    Options

katla - no, my bike ride isn't until the 12 and 13th. thank goodness i should be over being sick by then. usually when i ride, i do go to workout and ride like usual, there's no "aftermath" i don't get sore.
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    GRRRRRRRR.... I have tried 3 times to get this to post. As promised, photos from visiting Michele Exermom in Newton, NC.

4a8z0rlykz2n.jpg
    Michele's massive collection of over 100 exercise DVDs. She does a different one every day.

nsmwqulml4no.jpg
    Ceramic turtle she painted. Red toenails were Joyce's suggestion. (Sorry for squinty-face, Michele. Still learning how to use my new phone).

vljm2nb1ky3f.jpg
    L-R: NCCarol, Katherine (Carol's DD), Michele, and Rori

Gonna post this now before I accidentally delete it again.

Take care friends -- Joyce and Charlie, you're at the top of my prayer list.

Rori
    Colorado Foothills

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Rori- Nice picture of your get together with Carol her DD and Michele!

Mary from Minnesota
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,310 Member
    Options
    Rori - many thanks! I LOVE to see everyone's faces - makes me feel I really know you! :flowerforyou:
    Great DVD collection!

Heather UK
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Rita I am so sorry you are going through this. My son has 6 yrs clean of meth. Because of this his doctor will not give him certain pain meds. I wonder if your DS's doctor is aware of his addiction.
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday! The last day of August. Where has the month gone. I had a great weekend, spent time with family and friends and got lots of steps in. Weigh in this morning I was down 1 pound, with all the walking I've been doing I was working at it. Back to work this morning and same bu**sh**. The new lady starts today and I am concerned she will quit as the new schedule is out and our boss gave her all the weekends for the next month and given herself the weekends off. The boss doesn't come in till 3 today so could be interesting.
    Yesterday went gerochashing with DS, DDIL, and DGD. One place we went you had to climb this hill. It was 1/2 mile almost straight up. The rail only went up about half way. I understand why babies climb stairs on their hands and knees as I did the last 1\3 of the way. I did it and was very proud of myself. Coming down was alot easier as DH stayed right in front of me. So I consider that my NSV for the weekend. Also for yesterday I got over 13000 steps on my fitbit.

Allison--Sending prayers and hugs. What a stressful mess. You are right it is in God's hands.

Meg--I understand what you mean about time flying by. Seems everytime I turn around another week has gone by and now tomorrow is the first day of September.

Last evening when we got home DSIL tells us DBIL is not moving as he was offered full time at his job here. I am glad for him as we were concerned. I just hope DDIL can be happy back down in Fairbury. I think a lot of it is because the doctors there just keep refilling her meds and up here they wanted her to take some tests and try and cut down or get her off them. So at least for now won't get the basement back.

katiebug--Love the picture, you both look really good. May God Bless you with many more years.

Joyce--Keeping you and Charlie in my prayers. Sending hugs. I see no reason for you not sharing his meal. You have to take care of you.

I got some tart cherry juice to help me sleep. All I can say is the taste about made me sick. But for $7 a bottle I will drink it everynight until gone.

Heather--Thanks for the kind words. If this new girl works out I should be back to my 40-42 hours a week the first part of October. I agree with Katla I think you are a very strong lady and done so much.

Sylvia--Hope you are feeling better.

janetr--Sending hugs, hope you feel better soon. I like the walking sticks. thanks for sharing the pictures of your new motorhome. Hope you enjoy lots of fun times traveling. DH and I want to do traveling when we retire.

DJ--Your DD is very lucky to have you to help her.

Becca--I do believe you did the right thing. It only takes a minute for the dog to attack and then what. The rules are for everyone. Thanks for taking a stand. Love the pictures glad you had a great time.

Margaret--Thank you for helping out at the accident. People need to protect themselves when someone hits them. Interesting pictures from the fair. Some people has so much talent. Our State Fair started here last Friday and goes until Sept 8th. So many people in town. We have tickets to see the Newsboys on thursday evening so planning to take the bus out and check things out before the show.

Barbie--Sorry to hear you hurt your hip. sending hugs and hope you are better soon.

Kim--How nice of you to help the man out with rides. His wife sounds like I am not sure what, but it was not nice.

Rori--Glad your visit went well. Looking forward to the pictures.

Got to the bottom of page 73 and time to finish up and get ready to go home. Been a very stressful day. Have a good night and type at you all later.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    :p
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness this picture pair is a study in my way of eating and his way of eating to combat stress!I made myself an omlet of 2 eggs, spinach, mozzarella cheese and Morningstar Farms Sausages. His dinner was a stale donut he refused to throw away and cherry ice cream. The job search continues! Oy Vey!

t249h7uagc87.jpg
    l70nen6yd3g7.jpg

Cheri still in NE Ohio

P.S. He then reheated 3 pieces of pizza!
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Hi all. After 8 1/2 hours of straight meetings I am chatted out. but a couple of comments
    Great pictures everyone, thanks for sharing

Joyce continuing prayers!

Sylvia: glad it was nothing worse. About those pesky alarms. Two things; first they should be able to see the read outs at the desk and could see nothing too exciting was going on. However, more likely, 'alarm fatigue'. It's a real thing that has been researched. nurses get so burned out from hearing them, they ignore them. All those alarms can be individualized to patients but sometimes they aren't because it's either against policy to turn them to a different number ( or such a low or high number) or because the nurses just don't. They end up ignoring them, so that when something really happens, they don't notice it. Good for you to mention it; otherwise you just have to demand the nurses change the settings to not go off so often if nothing is wrong with YOU. The monitors just have default settings, for instance, usually heart rate below 50 it will go off. But if you have an athlete whose pulse is usually 42, it just goes off all day. There may be a policy against setting it lower, or nurses just avoid doing it.

Hate to bash the nursing staff since I've been a nurse for more than a third of a century, but there really is lots of research on dealing with it!

OK talked out. Take care, Meg from Omaha
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    csofled wrote: »
    Oh my goodness this picture pair is a study in my way of eating and his way of eating to combat stress!I made myself an omlet of 2 eggs, spinach, mozzarella cheese and Morningstar Farms Sausages. His dinner was a stale donut he refused to throw away and cherry ice cream. The job search continues! Oy Vey!
    Cheri still in NE Ohio

P.S. He then reheated 3 pieces of pizza!

Good luck with the job search! You are doing great with the stress and the temptation!

Mary from Minnesota
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Vicki - great NSV! Congrats on the steps as well!

Mary from Minnesota
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,646 Member
    Options
  • topaz2986
    topaz2986 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I am sooooo happy to have found you again, Barbiecat! I was a part of the group a few years ago and really enjoyed chatting with you all. I see alot of familiar faces. Life took me in different directions...none of them slimming. :s So I'm back to MFP and hope to have success getting back on track. This really is a great place for motivation and support! :)
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Good evening! I'm back home and got some sleep last night. It was awesome to meet Michele and Rori in person--so sweet!!

The trip to see my parents was physically difficult (and, occasionally, mentally) but when I teared up as soon as I saw the mountains come into sight, I knew the trip was long overdue. I need to do a trip farther into the hills by myself again! I ate my mother's cooking so it was nutritious but loaded with calories. I won't bother weighing until Friday. She made biscuits twice!!!!!

Joyce - I'm keeping you and Charlie in my prayers. I missed the beginning of the problem but realize it is very serious. Hugs!

Sylvia - That hospital needs to learn to get along without you! No more sick tummies!

I skipped a couple of days and mostly skimmed to catch up. I'm still tired and plan to go to bed early!

Carol in NC
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,770 Member
    Options
    Becca ... The blue dress suited you perfectly!

Rori ... Thanks for sharing the photo ... Helps to put faces to names!

Joyce ... Hang in there!

Love seeing the photos.

Beth in WNY