WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2105

Options

Replies

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling lots better tonight. Maybe well enough to practice some of Mary's theory, if hubby will play along. ;)

Good night ladies.

Sylvia

I'm glad you're feeling better! Enjoy the evening!

Mary from Minnesota
  • mparker1216
    mparker1216 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Janet'sI live in Michigan. At one time I lived in Norman, OK for about a year and a half
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,647 Member
    Options
    Margaret- you look so cute at a bee! Love the other pics too.

Janet – nice motor home looks like the pups are at home.

Sylvia – have fun!!! It burns calories too

Linda/Alison – I think you need to seek legal assistance, in both the worst case and if you give this marriage another whirl, as Tom constantly bullys you about money and you need to have the knowledge of the whole situation so you can make decisions with all the information.

Rori – how fun, I wish I could meet all of you!

August Goals:
    Walk everyday –try to hit 180 miles, august 25 145 miles so far
    1 plank every day and log here – goal more then 19
    Log everyday –
    Eat mindfully-
    Weekly fun things –
    W1 – Visiting with niece Emily - a trip to SF
    W2 – BFF came for 2 days and a dinner party
    W3 – went to a banjo band concert – a first for me
    W4 – Dinner out with friends, hiked with my hiking group
    Kim from N. California
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,371 Member
    Options
    Did a little less than an hour of training games on the Wii. I was so so tired I slept until 7 this morning.

Yes, yesterday was a bad eating day for me. Before the social I really was stress eating. but at least what I was eating was dark chocolate covered strawberries. So today it's back to normal eating.

The plan for tomorrow is to do some of the Butt Lift DVD, hold my plank, and then take the extremepump class.

Joyce - I can't begin to even tell you how very much I am impressed with everything you do. You are such a loving person and I'm so grateful to call you my friend. Please, please, please take care of yourself

Mindy - that is so clever to shut the breaker off. I never thought of that!

Kim - when we were training the service dog, whenever he'd pull we had to just stop. I also had to keep treats in my coat pocket and feed them to him while we were walking so that he got used to walking beside me. I find that now I don't care for jellies that have a lot of sugar in them. I've gotten so used to reduced sugar and just the sweetness from the fruit, that's plenty for me. As for the yogurt, I usually get the plain yogurt and add my own fruit or honey. It's sad in that most stores carry a lot of the presweetened yogurt. Sometimes you can only get the plain in those 32oz containers!

Sharon - a manager of a toy store! Bet you make lots of friends especially at Christmas time.

Sylvia - feel better. Hope you don't have to give up spicy foods, either

janetr - i agree. When it's hot and humid outside, I can feel that I retain water. Do you have a compression stocking? Sometimes I need to put mine on. I do find that when I have my feet up (like in bed sleeping), the swelling goes down a bit. The social went well. I'm always trying to make sure that people have enough of things (drinks, etc). Wish we had someone who could take pictures because I was doing it. I know one year the guy Jessica was dating at the time took pics because he was into photography. But I did it this year. I tell ya, one of the hardest things I think is when everything is over, you have to put things back and clean up

katla - yes, Vince has two bulging disks in his back in addition to his heart problem

DJ - my scale only measures to the 1/2 pound, also. But I think that's enough for me. No, I always say that women are born with an extra gene, the worry gene, and it doesn't kick in until you have children. I told my son once, "when I die, I'm coming back from the dead to worry about you"

terri - We have at least 4 TV's, one in the bedroom, one in the living room, one in the game room and one in the other game room. I can never understand why someone would want to watch TV on a phone, the screen is so small.

pip - you have such wonderful friends and you are good to them in return. What goes around comes around. You must have REALLY felt like poop not to workout.

I don't now what it is, but my feet have been hurting and my back has really been hurting all day. Vince says (and he's probably right) that it's probably because I was on my feet all day yesterday.

Joyce - your patience never ceases to amaze me. So sorry you've been exposed

MNMargaret - that is so great of you to get involved. Of course the woman didn't want you to, but I'm sure the man appreciated it. I'm very proud of you

Becca - I don't think you were wrong at all for turning that woman in. No matter how long she's been doing it, she still needs to obey the law. Wonderful of you to give blood

barbie - get better fast

Sylvia - feel better fast. Don't hesitate to go to the ER. Update: So glad you went.

janetr - what lovely walking sticks> The inside of the motor home looks so inviting, I wouldn't mind at all going in there. And the animals look so relaxed. I like the cabinet in the bathroom -- something different

meg - feel better fast

Kim - would adding a bit of lemon juice to the pears help prevent them from turning brown?

Had a wonderful meeting with Rori and Carol. My back is really hurting so I need to go take a shower and lie down.

Night all.

Michele in NC
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    I cam home aRound 7:30 tonight relieved thati have seen partofmy Charlie comeback. I told him who won the golf tournament and he said that that was a back to back win for Jason and that another guy, one of our favorites had made a really bad sore. I have been trying to get him to eat and finally found out why he won't eat. Everything that. Charlie is all about eating is to sweet now. So he said he wanted 2 pancakes. With extra syrup and 2 Caron's of 2% milk. Coming up sir! But when I got it, he only ate 3 small bites and a couple of sips of milk. So now I know that he doesn't want. The kind the before hospital Charlie ate is now different. So tomorrow he wants mashed potatoes and white gravy. So I guess for the breakfast meal, I will order some mashed potatoes for him and me another bagel and banana, cardiologist, that is now the 5 th doctor on his case. Came in and gave approval of stopping oral blood thinner and then stRting IV thinner. But the other docs have to agree with it. Then they can do the lumbar puncture!!! We can actually get a diagnosis!!!!!! Still weak as a horse and spiked the,p 3 times today. I didn't know they had a type of Tylenol just to go in the IV. It works real good and fast . Meg, thanks for the suggestion about seeing if. I need prolacic treTment. Our own family doctor will. See him tomorrow. So I will ask him. Came home early, got some housework done. I sure wish I knew hints like the schedule to change in the ac/heat pump. Everyone, if your husband does all that around the house, find out before there is a time when he can't tell you. and get a living will,power of attorney for health care/ financial matters. Get all your ducks in a row because you don't know how suddenly it may change. He has another filter down their so I at least will know what size.

Love you guys to pieces, Joyce. I guess we scared off the other Joyce so I won't put iNdiana any more
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Joyce, I'm sorry to hear how much stress you are dealing with. I hope Charlie recovers quickly and they get him stabilized. And that he doesn't get meningitis. My son had encephalitis when he was 18 and nearly died. Apparently it's very similar.

I'm off to bed so I can get back to my walking schedule tomorrow. Goodnight again.

Sylvia
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Sylvia - Thank you. Yes, there are seat belts at the dining table and also on both sofas. The dogs love to travel, I think they are as ready as I am to get in it and go. Glad you are back home and feeling better, sounds like hubby might be pretty glad too in just a bit :)

Barbie - thanks. I'm sure we will enjoy it. We have had bumper trailers for 5 years or so. I just think the motor home will be less work for Jack. We too stay in RV parks, never have stayed in a Walmart yet but my sis and her hubby and the next door neighbors do, but to me that takes away from getting out of doors.

Kim - thanks, yep the puppies love to travel. They were used to the big trailer so felt right at home after checking it all out. Well the puppies are 6 years old but still my babies now. :)

Michelle - Yes I do have custom made compression stocking and I hate them, lol They are hot and bothersome. The doc keeps telling me if I would wear them long enough I'd get used to them and love them. Definitely keeping my feet up and/or being in bed overnight helps them go down. I'm glad you all had a great time, you are a terrific and thoughtful hostess, I know they appreciated your hard work. It would be such a blast for all of us to have a get together. That's a whole lot of ladies :) I'll pass your compliment on the walking sticks on to Jack. He loves woodworking and makes all kinds of things. Thanks on the motor home.

Terri - we too have four TV's in the house and two in the motor home. Some times we have three of them on at the same time and all watching the same show in a different room. Go figure lol

Joyce - glad you saw a bit of your old Charlie today, sure that was a relief for you. You are so right about getting all the info in order and living wills, etc. It's too late when you need them and nothing is in place. Love you right back, friend.

• Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    100_3304_zpsm9gqohh5.jpg
    100_3303_zpsaezpc7zr.jpg
    100_3313_zpsvjmcetnx.jpg
    100_3315_zps0x6u29fe.jpg

Our date night/Lee's birthday event :-) The Jazz concert was wonderful, as well as my companion!
  • Annr
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    I just want to make a comment about sex. A lot of women stop having sex with their DH when they gain weight, or if they feel that their bodies don't look good, or use sex as a weapon or tool to manipulate their DH. Men if they love you don't care what your body looks like. They also have a sexual urge every day and even more than once a day! A healthy relationship would include sex. Men sometimes get cranky because of not being able to release tension through enjoying love and yes! having a healthy sexual relationship with the one person that they love the most.

Mary from Minnesota

I think my husband rec'd an Italian liver.....he is always in the mood, and if I could count it as exercise (I have looked but intercourse isn't there! lol) I would! Plus he LOVES pizza now...I have to watch him like a hawk or he will always make a left out of the side road from the pool to the pizza place he loves...
  • Annr
    Options
    Janetr Love the motorhome!!!
  • Annr
    Options
    100_3318_zpsejbluig7.jpg

I am noticing I am definately an apple shape, but the dress hung nicely regardless :-)
    Becca
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Becca - Oh wow, hottie!!! I love love the last pic of you by the water. You are a gorgeous woman. I'm glad you had a nice time and you look stunning. Thanks on the motor home, I'm sure we are going to enjoy it.
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Annr wrote: »
    100_3304_zpsm9gqohh5.jpg
    100_3303_zpsaezpc7zr.jpg
    100_3313_zpsvjmcetnx.jpg
    100_3315_zps0x6u29fe.jpg

Our date night/Lee's birthday event :-) The Jazz concert was wonderful, as well as my companion!

You both look wonderful!!!! Love the dress !!! Gayle Minneapolis
  • Annr
    Options
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    Walking sticks Jack made us from pecan wood from the orchard.hfbpw6q9149u.jpg

gorgeous walking sticks.... My husband bought one when he was awaiting his liver.
    001%202_zpswqy8bnc0.jpg

Becca
  • Annr
    Options
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    Becca - Oh wow, hottie!!! I love love the last pic of you by the water. You are a gorgeous woman. I'm glad you had a nice time and you look stunning. Thanks on the motor home, I'm sure we are going to enjoy it.

Thanks for the compliment :-) The amazing thing is that we were the ONLY couple that actually dressed up for this free Jazz concert put on by the Air Force Jazz Ensemble. But no one said anything. I knocked on the door of my neighbor that had seen me in the dress when I got it, but without the makeup, the new shoes and the handsome husband ....She said, "Why are you dressed up". I answered, "Why not?" lol... The concert was just an excuse really..This is where the concert was:

100_3312_zps7v6z7ipk.jpg
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    You can never be over dressed Only under dressed!! You both looked great!! One time we would dress for all theater events. Enjoy!! Gayle Minneapolis
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Annr wrote: »
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    I just want to make a comment about sex. A lot of women stop having sex with their DH when they gain weight, or if they feel that their bodies don't look good, or use sex as a weapon or tool to manipulate their DH. Men if they love you don't care what your body looks like. They also have a sexual urge every day and even more than once a day! A healthy relationship would include sex. Men sometimes get cranky because of not being able to release tension through enjoying love and yes! having a healthy sexual relationship with the one person that they love the most.

Mary from Minnesota

I think my husband rec'd an Italian liver.....he is always in the mood, and if I could count it as exercise (I have looked but intercourse isn't there! lol) I would! Plus he LOVES pizza now...I have to watch him like a hawk or he will always make a left out of the side road from the pool to the pizza place he loves...

LOL that happens with transplants. The lady my husband donated his kidney to now PEES standing up and is constantly looking for the 3 rd tree...

Mary from Minnesota
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Becca - nice looking walking stick of your hubby's. I too like to dress up and don't get to do it often enough. Good for you.

Janetr OKC
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Becca - you and your husband make a very stunning couple!

Mary from Minnesota
  • dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Can't even get through page 70.

Katiebug - You must be very pleased with the photo. I love that you went with blue. You look great in them.

Michele - praying that Vince's ablation will be a success.

Can't finish. Talk to you all tomorrow