Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2105

Replies

• mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    I'm in the ER now, been here for three hours. Apparently it was a flare up of diverticulitis. They are sending me home with a couple of prescriptions. I'm feeling better, though. Now I'm just hungry.

More later.

Sylvia
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,691 Member
    Katla – Great !!! on the “putting up” I did raisins this year and made a pear preserve that is loved by friends, great Christmas gift

Lisa – interesting how things work out, writing may be where you are supposed to be, and if the “warehouse thing” takes off like you and DH want, you’ll have a built in opportunity to work there too.

Sylvia – take care – better safe than sorry. *** later, glad it was not a blockage, take care do they know what sets off a flare up?

Alison – YOU have been killing him with kindness as long as we have known you and it hasn’t worked yet. PLEASE get a legal consult now!, and take care of yourself now!

Joyce – glad to hear you are taking care of you, by letting them do the lift and carry and treating yourself to good, free, healthy food.

Mary – relationships all need work, different things for different ones, good to understand and acknowledge what a DH wants .

Took the morning and cooked! I was given 24 huge pears, so I made pear preserves and a pear turnover recipe pretty good and 187 calories each. The pear preserve is a family recipe that everyone seems to love, the original recipe made about 18 cups (I can it up) and called for 6 cups of sugar, I have played with the flavor and consistency and have cut it to just 2 cups, but found out last year that after a few months the color begins to change, and darken.. so this year I added 3 tablespoons of fruit fresh, we’ll see how the color does this year. It has pears and apples in it and both do darken when exposed to the air.

I did a “treat” and combined breakfast and lunch and made a sausage egg scramble…. Yum! Saved enough calories for a mid-afternoon snack to get me to dinner time.

Tomorrow will be a zoo! Not sure if I will be able to check in. 5am walk with Levi, (in the dark – and we have a coyote who is around following the early morning folks) then 6:35 coffee with my friend and 7am pickup of a neighbor who needs a ride to the Dr. for a medical procedure, his Doc is in SF about 1 hour drive each way. He is dealing with testicular cancer (he’s 35 ish) and his DW (darling wife) doesn’t want to “waste” a vacation day to go with her hubby, so he asked me – I am happy to do it, although I sure don’t understand her… and he and I were talking about the schedule he said/asked if he could take me to lunch after as a thank you and I said sure, the wife pipes up with I wish I could go to lunch – only wants the good parts.. So I should be home around 2pm, then a 3pm meeting for garden club, and 6:30 book club… I need to fit some afternoon time with Levi in there somewhere…

August Goals:
    Walk everyday –try to hit 180 miles, august 25 145 miles so far
    1 plank every day and log here – goal more then 19
    Log everyday –
    Eat mindfully-
    Weekly fun things –
    W1 – Visiting with niece Emily - a trip to SF
    W2 – BFF came for 2 days and a dinner party
    W3 – went to a banjo band concert – a first for me
    W4 – Dinner out with friends, hiked with my hiking group
    Kim from N. California
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Happy sun,had a blast last night with the cuties in the pic.Grandpa and I had fun watching them,so mom and dad could go out.2 tired grandparents today,but worth every second.
    Hugs jane
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    edited August 2015
    Feel better Sylvia
    Prayers and hugs Joyce
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,976 Member
    Afternoon ladies,
    At the second outlet store and bought 2 pair of sneakers, 1 new balance, one merrell.won't get home until after 5:30 or so.
    Sex is a thing of the past with him not for quite some time.his doing not mine... Will check in tonight.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Sex is a thing of the past with him not for quite some time.his doing not mine... Will check in tonight.

Maybe he's impotent. That happens and they hate to admit it. Then they are crabby. These are just some things that I learned through the marriage seminars I went to. It sounded like you aren't sure if you really want a divorce. Have fun shopping!

Mary from Minnesota
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,199 Member
    edited August 2015
    Janetr love the mobile home.

Sylvia take care.

Went to State Fair today walked five miles had a great time.

90 pounds of butter carved using young woman who promote dairy products. Very Minnesota.2gly87fdmw9d.jpg

From the floral displays:cnvfn7ngq1iu.jpg

Me becoming a bee:afngr959wv9n.jpg

DH singing:gehusjn8rffd.jpg

Bagnado as a reminder to reduce or eliminate our plastic bag consumption:8b3a3b6mr2wa.jpg

From the fine arts building. I thought this was spectacular:508aywhy84lw.jpg

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    morn peeps - no workout. feel like poop

:(
  • janetr7476
    Margaret - Oh I love the pics from the fair. Thanks for sharing them with us. I know we have a state fair in Sept. but it mostly seems to be carnival rides and stuff. I've not seen display like this but maybe because I was with my daughter and 3 very young grandkids the time we went. I might have to see if Jack wants to go this year. Although Sept. is pretty full already. Your DH is nice looking. Thanks regarding the motor home pics :)

Janetr OKC
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    edited August 2015
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    Inside of new motor home

Wow! You will be traveling in style!

Mary from Minnesota
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,035 Member
    nite peeps
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,811 Member
    G'nite Pip

• mparker1216
    mparker1216 Posts: 66 Member
    Janetr nice motor home! Do you live in Oklahoma City?
  • janetr7476
    edited August 2015
    mparker - yes, we do, and you?

Janetr OKC
  • janetr7476
    Mary in MN - thanks so much. It's a 2007 but one owner and looks like they took good care of it.
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Janet, great motor home! Do the seats in the back have seat belts? Love the dogs on the floor. They look right at home.

I have a question for all you nurses out there. When you are in the ER and they hook you up to all those machines, the machines keep beeping alarms and nobody seems to care. My machine kept going off, saying my heart rate was too low, but none of the nurses came to check on it. Finally, one nurse came in for something else and I asked about it so she turned it down to 40 instead of 50 so the alarm wouldn't go off so much, but it still did. It was very annoying. My resting heart rate is about 45 so the machine seemed to think that was too low. It also beeped if I didn't breathe deeply enough. I would hyperventilate for a few seconds and it would shut up. As soon as the doc said he would release me, I unplugged all the sensors. Then it really went nuts. Hee hee hee.

I'm feeling lots better tonight. Maybe well enough to practice some of Mary's theory, if hubby will play along. ;)

Good night ladies.

Sylvia
  • NO_Excuses_515
    NO_Excuses_515 Posts: 220 Member
    Well, spent the entire day working around the house and only checked two things off my ToDo list. Just hate it when I think something is going to take an hour but it takes all afternoon. So have lots to get done this week. My mom and her husband are coming to visit this weekend and my daughter is coming home from college.

Joyce - I'm continuing to pray for you and Charlie. I'm happy that you seem to be making good choices to take care of your own health. Hope that you get some good news soon.

Allison - Hope you had a fun day with the girls. I've heard you say multiple times that this is all in Tom's hands but I hope you know that is not true. What do you really want? If you don't want a divorce then you need to tell Tom that and tell him exactly what you need in order for this marriage to work. At the same time, take the wise advice of several ladies here and consult a lawyer to prepare for the worst.

Sylvia - I am glad you went to the hospital and more glad that you are feeling better.

For all the others here who are not feeling up to par, know that you are also in my prayers and I hope you are back to 100% soon.

Don't have time to write more. Have a good evening everyone!

Linda /IA
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,123 Member
    The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT.

1056287i3zmwzup2m.gif Stats for today:
    15,000 steps
    three hours of dog walking
    sore muscle in my hip so I'm staying away from my beloved dumbbells and exercise bike

smiley-happy032.gif Janet, your new motorhome is beautiful...it brings back memories of our days of RVing....I hope you have as much fun as we did. We always stayed in RV parks with hookups because we liked to be able to use the air conditioner and microwave and watch TV.

smiley-happy032.gif. Mary, thank you for sharing the things you learned in your marriage classes.

<3 Joyce, sending more hugs to you and Charlie...great idea about ordering Charlie's meals so you can eat them. Also good idea to leave the nursing to the nurses and you do the wife stuff like bring a comfy quilt and loving reassuring words.

smiley-happy032.gif Lisa, I am in awe of how much you accomplish and with what skill and sense of humor.

<3 Alison, "Be kind....no exceptions" but take care of yourself.

smiley-happy032.gif Sylvia, it sounds like good news to me that medication and not surgery is the solution to what ails you

smiley-happy032.gif Beth, congrats to your son....sorry about the clothing problem.

smiley-sleep012.gif Jake and the dogs and cat are already in bed so I'm just checking in and then finishing my lengthy tooth care routine and heading for bed, too.

253149qtzkf0ld22.gifBarbie from beautiful NW Washington smiley-happy020.gif

My word for 2015 is "now"---I won't wallow in the past or waste time worrying about the future

146200.png
    August Resolutions (with end of month comments)
    *walk 15,000 steps a day (more than that every day)
    *drink 9 glasses a water a day (every day)
    *weight training twice a week(eight times this month even with the pulled muscle)
    *thoroughly clean guest room (finished)
    *thoroughly organize linen closet (finished)
    *speak up--don't sulk (I didn't realize how often I sulked when I thought I was being "a good sport" by not complaining---I also realized how much tone of voice matters)

• Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,081 Member
    Greetings from Ohare Airport where I have a 3 hour layover...ugh. However did want to share that earlier today I had a wonderful visit with Michele (exermom) and NC Carol. Michele made us a healthy lunch, and I thoroughly enjoyed meeting Vince, Jessica, Colby and all 5 cats. Carol brought her daughter Katherine. Y visit with the mm was unfortunately cut short because I had to take off to catch a flight. Both of our 50+ ladies are prettier in person. <3 I have photos but dang if I know how to post using Android phone. So promise to share with you tmro.

Rori
    Enroute to Colorado Foothills