WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2105

Options

Replies

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    DJ - my wedding dress is a 14 so not small lol I too never thot I'd be under 200 lbs again. I am really driving myself crazy about keeping it off, Jack says I'm obsessing, maybe I am but if that's what it takes to keep it off you can just colr me obsessive :) I don't usually wear lipstick now but wouldn't mind a little natural tint. I might try the Out Last, I've looked at it at the store many times. My lips are dry enough on their own, they don't need any help but with the moisturizer included maybe it would be ok. Thanks for the tip. Oklahoma also having "tax free" weekend. I went to Sears yesterday to pay the charge bill, Hubby buys all his tools there. He a "tool junkie" he is a terrific mechanic and now has a wood working shop out back and makes beautiful stuff. Anyway while there I looked around, really don't like shopping at Sears anymore, but they had all the summer stuff on sale for 50-70% off with an additional 30% off over that. I bought 3 pairs of capris, one top, one pair of yoga type pants and a lounge dress thingy (I wear them around the house in the evenings when it is so dang hot). Paid under $40 for all of that. I was all excited lol

Janetr OKC
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,118 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    This is a picture of my squat rack, it is not a squat cage which is safer and I would recommend like the one shown on the app. You can see my 12.5 lb barbell that I started with. The 45 lb olympic bar looks like a stripper pole on the right.
    6ba95iy2z71d.jpg
    This following 2 pictures are at my lowest weight of 135 and when I started on March 2 2015.
    keq4budz8t8f.jpg
    ge0fugqgtoka.jpg
    These last pictures I gained and weigh 142 lbs but I lost around 25 inches at this point.
    a6vo2mltq92a.jpg
    u4hvyijy79wn.jpg
    21zahyj39i9b.jpg
    This is only a 9 week difference. You can deffinately see less fat and more muscle tone. I also decreased cardio to 3-5 hours a week at this time as I was trying to wean myself down to zero from 21-23 hours. I also increased calories upto 1600 from 1200.

Mary from Minnesota

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,217 Member
    Options
    I so envy those of you who are good at clothes bargains! I can NEVER find anything in the sales, apart from the occasional online thing. I need my clothes all nicely colour coordinated and matched up or I have no idea what I am doing. Over here the reduced stuff is just thrown in a jumble on a rack. My regular on line ranges sometimes have 25% off everything so that's when I buy them, but in the real world I hate sales.

Mary - thanks for all your help. I will definitely up my weight training and do more squats. I would love a cage. <3 I want legs like yours!
    It must be so great to get all that house business over with. You have been amazingly resilient over it all. I just need to sell my rental now. No offers at all, not even silly ones! The short lease is putting buyers off. My tenant moves out on Monday. I will get DH to go with me for moral support, when the agency have inspected and cleaned it, to have a look at it. I haven't seen it for seven years. :ohwell: Partly because I just had had enough of it. Ostrich mentality.

England won the Ashes! Yeah! DH's football team have drawn their first match in the Premiership! Yeah! Hope Hampshire are doing well at the cricket match.

Sending good thoughts to all those in pain, whether physical or mental. :love:

Heather UK
  • cwmcaa
    cwmcaa Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    First time posting here. I left myfittnesspal for about 6 month and tried weight watchers but found it such a pain dealing with the points so I am back and happy to be here.!

I like the idea of posting my goals and it's interesting to see what everyone else's are. I have been really working on changing my attitude and am now taking the approach that my diet/nutrition is my hobby, it seems much more fun and positive now.

So here are my August goals:
    • Drink 8 glasses of water a day
    • Walk or go to the gym 5 days a week
    • Strength train 2 days per week
    • Log my food every day
    • 2 alcoholic beverages at most per week

Most importantly, my goal is to remain positive and get healthier!
  • fanncy0626
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Heather- I just downloaded my starting pictures and May 4 progress shots to show how quickly your body can change. I think it is above your last post and you may not have seen it. I gained 7 lbs but loss 25 inches at that time. I hope you will get an offer soon! We were on the market last year the took it off over winter and put it back on this spring so I understand your frustration!

Mary from Minnesota
  • janetr7476
    Options
    I talked earlier about Jack's woodworking hobby. Attached are a couple of pics of the cabinet he finished a few months ago for me. Its sitting in my dining room outside the kitchen. I LOVE IT. v3b140cry0je.jpg
    8mrovf1en7u2.jpg
  • gawworthington
    gawworthington Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    welcom CWMCAA - where are you from and what can we call you???

Gayle Idaho
  • gawworthington
    gawworthington Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Mary amazing- I will need to do this when I get closer to goal weight. Janet I love the wood working. Something I wish I could do. Maybe in retirement. I did get to do some basic wood working in school.
  • fanncy0626
    edited August 2015
    Options
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    I talked earlier about Jack's woodworking hobby. Attached are a couple of pics of the cabinet he finished a few months ago for me. Its sitting in my dining room outside the kitchen. I LOVE IT.

Wow! Your husband does excellent work!

Mary from Minnesota
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,055 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Mary Wow!

Janetr Love the Hutch!

Lisa thought of you today. I ordered a salad at a deli today. The clerk dropped it and then proceeded to clean it off the floor. She was going to dish up more salad without washing her hands. When I asked her to wash her hands first. She went to the sink got a dab of soap and a quick splash of water. That is when I said no thank you. Unfortunately she had already rung me up so I had to go to customer service to get my money back. I did explain why I was not happy. Usually I am very happy here. I didn't recognize her.

:heart: MNMargaret
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I so envy those of you who are good at clothes bargains! I can NEVER find anything in the sales, apart from the occasional online thing. I need my clothes all nicely colour coordinated and matched up or I have no idea what I am doing. Over here the reduced stuff is just thrown in a jumble on a rack. My regular on line ranges sometimes have 25% off everything so that's when I buy them, but in the real world I hate sales.

Heather UK

Me too! The exception is when I get there early in the morning when there aren't many shoppers. I do NOT like crowds.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,217 Member
    Options
    Janetr - that is a great cabinet! Love the interior as well. It has a kind of Arts and Crafts vibe that we love. <3

Mary - did see your post after I posted. Marvellous! I have broached the idea with DH, but he does love his cardio! Will have to put our thinking caps on. :D I showed him a pic of the cage I would like. :)

Heather UK, who is all glammed up waiting to go out to dinner - maybe a bit overdressed. :laugh:
    27681614.png
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,924 Member
    Options
    :) Mary, your pictures of the weight equipment convinced me that it won't work in my house, but there are things I can do to make to make the weight training I do now more efficient. Thanks, also, for sharing how awesome you look thanks to the weight training...also, congrats on the closing of both your houses..you have been very patient.

:) Heather, congrats on finally getting the legacy settled....you have been very patient

:) janetr, what a great hutch

:) joyce, your house looks great without the bushes.

:'( pip, sorry you are still in pain

<3 Barbie
  • peachstategal
    peachstategal Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Chiming in cause I'm two pages behind.

Went to my mom's home Friday and sis and I spent 3 hours cleaning out (sorting) one chest of drawers and a dresser. It took so long because there were pictures to go through and some papers. Afterward, went to see my mom in the nursing home and found out she had an upper respiratory infection which they were treating with antibiotics and nebulizer treatments. Left my house at 9 AM and got back home at 5 PM. Tired.

Today, I went to watch the 5 yr old GS try out for baseball. He can really throw well and actually hit the ball a couple of times. Will be busy going to his games and the GD's dance classes for a few months. They and their mom all went back to school last week and all seem to be happy so far.

Met 2 of my old college friends for lunch today also. Had seafood nachos which were delicious. We've known each other for almost 45 years and stay in touch which I find many folks don't do with long time friends. Anyhow, I've had too many calories for two days in a row but will try to do better tomorrow. My DH has lost 10 lbs in two week and I am so proud of him.

Becca ~ Good looking sons. I am glad that your life has turned around and that you are feeling so much better about life in general.

Sylvia ~ You are to be commended for ordering healthy foods. I love to eat and just try not to eat at restaurants very often as it is too difficult for me not to order something I really want instead of what I really need.

Mary ~ Congrats on your house closings. Also, you look great.

Heather ~ Your grand children are too cute.

To all I have missed have a great weekend. I need to go get my blood pressure meds refilled so will go back and read later.

Carol ~ Peach
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,553 Member
    Options
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    Options
    Afternoon,
    Sitting on the side porch with a gentle breeze,just lovely,
    Yes I did come up with Tom..
    Will see how the weekend progresses.
    It is a 1/4 mile walk to the beach from here so will do that later on ,a 2 1/2 trip took us 4 to get here.tons of traffic.. Taking a drive along rt 1a if you ever get a chance to drive this rt it is just stunning New Hampshire only has 13 miles of coastline. But just beautiful.will try and get some pictures.
    Tom brought me up here because he knows I love it here.
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Mary - wow, its just totally unbelievable that you lost that many inches in such a short time. What an accomplishment.

Heather, I Love, love to shop. :) I do order some things on line too when I can get good sales and perhaps have an additional 15% - 30% off coupons. I love shoes to. I really need to stop buying clothes for a while. I think I'm doing it now instead of eating, plus its fun to be able to buy cute things in smaller sizes. Ugh.

Thank you all for the compliments on Jack's cabinet, I'll pass them along to him. :) He has done several things for the house. A couple of years ago he made his daughter and my two girls jewelry boxes that are gorgeous and all of the granddaughters little ones. He made his daughter a hope chest that would rival any craftman's work. He has had people ask him to custom make a piece for them but he does not have enough confidence in his work to do that. He put a new faucet in my kitchen this morning. I love it. It's one with the big arch in it that has a pull down sprayer. I love it.

Janetr OKC
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Allison- is that your DH in the picture with you? If it is he is a hottie! I would definitely be going to marriage seminars with him. Love and respect is a good one so is the Art of Marriage. We have gone every year of our marriage. Have fun!

Mary from Minnesota
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Pip the new profile pic is THE bomb!! lol

janetr OKC
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    Mary - wow, its just totally unbelievable that you lost that many inches in such a short time. What an accomplishment.
    Janetr OKC

Thanks! I went from a size 10 down to a 5-7. It was very very easy. I felt like I wasn't even working out at all especially compared to how I was working out 3-4 hours a day prior to weight lifting. My only regret is that I didn't start lifting back in October when I started.

Mary from Minnesota