WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2105

Options

Replies

17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    GE Repair is finally supposed to be tomorrow morning. I've been thinking about what I want to say to the Technician. If they send the same damn lazy guy, I'm really going to have to control my temper and words. My whole life, I've held everything in and suffered in silence. Had to learn to speak up.

Now I'm extremely ANGRY and UPSET. Feel like I want to tell him off. But also don't want to act inappropriate and have him leave without fixing my washer. Luckily, it will be a 2 man crew.

So, here's what I plan to say: "Are you finally going to unlock the door like you were supposed to do last Monday?! My good office clothes have been wet and stuck in there for almost 2 weeks now. I've been extremely upset and angry about this. It's totally unacceptable."

What I really want to say is: "You damn, lazy idiot. I have suffered all week because my good office clothes are wet and have been stuck inside the broken, locked washer for almost 2 weeks because of your lazy dumb *kitten* refusal to do a simple emergency door unlock. I'm extremely upset and angry at your failure!"

Please Help! What other ideas do you all have? - Nancy in FW, TX

First get it fixed, make sure you take pictures!!! The technician is just a employee, have to get to the head of the store, repair service and ge. Report them to better business bureau, atty general office,and blast them on line. Ge should have a email complaint/questions site, go on it . What is the store doing, tell them what you want!! If you have to keep repeating yourself until you win!!! You go girl!! Gayle Minneapolis
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Last night we went out to dinner on the recommendation of the desk clerk. It was a steak and spaghetti place. I considered getting the chicken Alfredo, but just briefly. Instead, I told the waitress what I wanted and asked if they could do it. 15 minutes later I was eating a smallish portion of whole wheat pasta with grilled chicken and garlic, sautéed in olive oil. No salt! I asked for basil too, but they didn't have any. Can you imagine an Italian place without basil? Anyway, I was pleased with what I got. Oh, and a side salad without dressing, cheese or croutons. You would all have been proud of me. This is the first time I have tried asking for exactly what I want instead of asking for something off the menu with modifications. If it works this well, I will start doing that all the time. Once I explained I was on a special diet, she bent over backwards to help. I doubt all waitresses would be that accommodating.

Before we left I made three pounds of very lean pulled pork in the crock pot without seasoning or sauce. It's in a plastic container in the cooler. I'm making tiny sandwiches on Hawaiian rolls for our lunches as we drive. On his I put BBQ sauce and on mine I put mustard. Yummy. But hubby's sister just called and said she is getting us BBQ for dinner tonight. Funny. He didn't tell her he's had BBQ for two days.

We have hit a traffic jam just east of Knoxville and are sitting still. Oh joy.

Have a great day, ladies!

Sylvia
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,530 Member
    Options
    Thrilled to report that I shed 1.8 lbs. I'm NO longer in the obese category! :-)

YEAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
  • pipcd34
    edited August 2015
    Options
    GE Repair is finally supposed to be tomorrow morning. I've been thinking about what I want to say to the Technician. If they send the same damn lazy guy, I'm really going to have to control my temper and words. My whole life, I've held everything in and suffered in silence. Had to learn to speak up.

Now I'm extremely ANGRY and UPSET. Feel like I want to tell him off. But also don't want to act inappropriate and have him leave without fixing my washer. Luckily, it will be a 2 man crew.

So, here's what I plan to say: "Are you finally going to unlock the door like you were supposed to do last Monday?! My good office clothes have been wet and stuck in there for almost 2 weeks now. I've been extremely upset and angry about this. It's totally unacceptable."

What I really want to say is: "You damn, lazy idiot. I have suffered all week because my good office clothes are wet and have been stuck inside the broken, locked washer for almost 2 weeks because of your lazy dumb *kitten* refusal to do a simple emergency door unlock. I'm extremely upset and angry at your failure!"

Please Help! What other ideas do you all have? - Nancy in FW, TX

I PICK # 2 OPTION BUT HARSHER!!! AFTER THEY FIX IT
  • Kibbly
    Kibbly Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Well done Sylvia for asking exactly what you want. It's comments like these that is helping me make good choices too :)
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Got back from the dr,gave me muscle relaxants and pain medicine,follow up on wed.
    hugs
    jane
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Went with DGD to see if we could find her really sick Boston Terrier. Youngest DGD let him outside; but, did not stay with him. And when he did not come back to the door, they went to let him in ... he was gone. MaddiePoo was crying because she was so upset with Emilee. I think she understands that the dog has wandered off to die; but, she wants to find him anyway. Mother called me and asked if I wasn't doing anything, could I help her. Since she was so mad at Little Bit, I told her to stay in the house and watch TV and not to touch anything while I was gone. We rode around on the golf card, even rode up in the high grass, still no Buster. He is so pitiful looking I don't doubt he went off to die. Our JRT was very sick and she wandered down the road to a neighbor's driveway and he brought her back. Then she wandered down to the high grass behind our house but was staying away from going into it. We finally put her in the dog pen and she lived another 2 1/2 weeks and died in her sleep. I'd go out there and guide her to her food and water. We were surprised that she lived that long.

I had a chicken thigh cooked in a pan on the stove and then sautéed some onions to go on to of it. Filled me up and did not have many calories. So hot after looking for dog, I want to go get in the pool; but, will wait now until DH gets home - maybe he will go with me. I sure hope he is working inside today somewhere.

@fancy0626 - I only weigh myself at my MD's office every 2 weeks, since they have a special scale that they punch in my height and age. I figure if I do that I won't be tempted to throw our scales through the window. Husband weighs religiously on it and I keep telling him that 'it is wrong' or 'not consistent'.

D-'new'DL is going to get her lips tattooed like she has already done before; but she says it makes her lips swell and my DYS is not 'happy' about it. He doesn't 'think' you should do anything to yourself - even fusses at me for all the medication I take; but, I don't see me ever being able to go off it because of what it is replacing in my body. Now I am getting 'skinny' and not 'freaking out'. I used to say that I would prefer to be over-weight and stable than to be 'skinny and scattered'. Now all my MDs are watching me to make sure that I can get 'skinny and stay sane'. LOL!
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words my friends :smiley: Sometimes we are too close to notice changes that happen to us, positively or negatively. Over the years I have definately learned that when we don't feel beautiful on the inside, that is when we see it physically on the outside. When we moved up here to Oregon from California I didn't feel beautiful, in fact I didn't really feel anything at all. I stopped being a wife and became a caregiver. I was kind of numb. Its nice to "wake up" and live in the present.

ran across an OLD pic of my sons....had to share...I used to call them my " Three Stooges" because they were so darn entertaining!
    100_2818_zps8mol7iws.jpg
    more recent pic (middle sons wedding)
    WeddingAE_zpsdvryxwmq.jpg

Have a nice day all! Remember you bite it, you write it!
    Becca
    Oregon.....clear blue skies here!!!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    Options
    Becca - you must be so proud. Lovely lads! :flowerforyou:
    I do think losing weight has so many unexpected results. Self respect can open so many new doors.

Just got this pic from DDIL. Sad we couldn't make it yesterday, but it won't be long.

9sjevbsb0vzm.png

Heather UK
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,108 Member
    Options
    Yea! We actually closed on both houses!

Have a great day everyone! We are going to go and celebrate!

Mary from Minnesota
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,079 Member
    Options
    B)<3B)
  • pipcd34
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Yea! We actually closed on both houses!

Have a great day everyone! We are going to go and celebrate!

Mary from Minnesota

congrats!!
  • pipcd34
    Options
    the lack of sleep has made me so sleepy right now. riding home today will wake me up (along w/playing the music)
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Jane - hopefully the meds give you some relief. Glad you went to the doctor.

Becca/Heather - love the pics of the kids and grandkids. So much fun to see.

Mary from MN - Hooray, hap hap happy dance for you guys. So glad it finally happened and went off without a hitch.

Pip - I cannot even begin to imagine trying to ride a bike outside in this heat. Ride carefully :)

Charm4U - did the repair guy show up? Remember its too dang hot to be burying bodies in your backyard :) Hope all is "fixed".

Janetr OKC
  • Charm4u76132
    Charm4u76132 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    NO, GE Repair Dispatch promised to send a Tech to unlock the door, but nobody showed up 3 days in a row. Grrr! >:) Have a firm appt. tomorrow. They're supposed to show up between 8 and noon Sat.

The store has been great. ALL problems have been with horrible GE Repair. Ugh!
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,692 Member
    Options
    evening ladies~
    did well till I got home and had mach and cheese, and ice cream and chip ahoy cookies...
    Oh boy, maybe cause I am nervous about going up to the cottage in the morning..
    hoping it is a good weekend... looking forward to walking the beach...
    will be off the grid for a day or 2
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    NO, GE Repair Dispatch promised to send a Tech to unlock the door, but nobody showed up 3 days in a row. Grrr! >:) Have a firm appt. tomorrow. They're supposed to show up between 8 and noon Sat.

The store has been great. ALL problems have been with horrible GE Repair. Ugh!

Don't forget they sold it to you, they could call in a different repair service n fight it out with GE. Gayle Minneapolis
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,906 Member
    Options
    2157045gp85zev8ri.gif Mary, I looked at the strong lifts 5X5 and it looks very interesting but not possible for me right now because of the equipment.....my weight program is a mix of "Strong Women Stay Young" and some things I learned from reading "The New Rules of Lifting for Women"---primarily to lift the heaviest weights I can, do lifts that use more than one set of muscles, and rest a day in between. The dumbbell weights I use are 15 pounds and 10 pounds so when I do sumo squats I hold a 15 pound weight on each shoulder. I don't do the other things you do in your program, but I have a routine that I can do at home and that I can stick to.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,906 Member
    Options
    I weighed in this morning and when I put the number into the computer it lowered all my food stats. I will not have to be even more careful with my food intake to keep the number moving down.

gayle Idaho

smiley-happy032.gifthe more weight I lost, the more energy I had so now I do a lot more exercise and burn a lot more calories.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    Terri - good that you aren't alone. How did she threaten you? Update: Yes, she shounds very unstable

Mary from MN - I find that I like weight lifting a bit more than cardio, although I know that I need both (in add'n to a decent diet). I especially like to lift slowly, I'm not crazy about doing things quickly. If I go slower, I know that my form isn't compromised. Glad you didn't buy that huge chocolate bar (especially since dh retired from Mars...lol) Woohoo on closing on those houses. Wonderful

Kelly - welcome. I like your goals, sounds very well thought out

Cheri - woohoo on those pants. It's truly amazing the changes that can occur in our body, isn't it? And you're living proof.

What happened to yesterday's post? Oh, well, I'll just move on

DJ - yup, that's the reason she asked me to take her. I don't mind, really. I wanted to stop at one grocery store anyway (about 20 minutes from here). Maybe since she's off work today she's in a sense a bit lonely. We don't need to leave until 10 and Vince is getting the ultrasound on his leg so he's not here. I can't leave until at least 9:30 when Loki gets his first med. Oh well..... I don't know if she'll volunteer money for gas, somehow I don't suspect she will. Thanks, I totally forgot to mention about pip's reflection Update: Nope, she didn't volunter to pay for the gas. Fortunately, I'm not taking her the next time because that appt is at 8a.m.. Being rush hour, we'd probably have to leave around 6:30 which means that I'd have to get up around 5:30. She forgot that her apt was at 11:40 and got here at 8. Like I said, I suspect she may be a bit on the lonely side

pip - whenever Ken needs to take his pain med, he usually has to have something sweet with it. Said it helps kick the med in. And let me tell you, he's on some heavy (and I do mean heavy) pain meds

Mary from MN - no chance that I'll flip out of the belt. It just kept turning up and I couldn't figure out why. Making it tighter seemed to solve the problem

Joyce - and what would be wrong with a pic of the inappropriate touching???? lol

Lisa - In the Serve Safe course you are taught how wrong it is to go to work sick. I do hope you have the people in the kitchen take that course. It's well worth it. So sorry about your newest prep guy. But you're doing the right thing. The way you're going, you'll lose tons

Cheri - so many many times there are things on this thread that others say that I wish I could "like" because that's what's in my heart and mind. Have a great time on your vacay. Boy, I remember taking Denise to visit Radford Univ. Hope you find a good home. And remember....Staunton isn't very far from Newton.....just sayin'

Sylvia - when we stay in a hotel, I usually have a box of cereal that I take with me, some milk, 1/2 of an English muffin, some salsa on it, some spinach, and hard boiled egg whites (for some reason, I just don't care for a hard boiled egg yolk)

Did an hour of Kathe Friedrich Hard Core (Low Impact) DVD. I don't really care for her as a step instructor. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Leslie Sansone Upper and Lower Body DVD.

Betty - do they REALLY have calorie count for nails in the database???? I'm just amazed. Got the remedy for you....take a ride (or plane ride) down to NC. Trust me, floating in the pool while listening to the waterfall is REAL relaxing. Wow! 40 years. Not many people go that far. I know that out of all the friends I have from college, one gal and I are the only ones who are still on our first marriage. Kudos to you. ((((BIG HUG))))

Lori - some things I keep in my pockebook - those 100 cal packs of almonds (or any nut), they make these small boxes of dried raisins, preportioned packs of dried edamame (you might have to portion them out at home), I've taken the Glenny soy crisps preportioned out, carrots. If you're going to take a granola-type bar, be sure that it isn't something that will melt in the sun as Florida's sun can get pretty darn hot

Chris - have fun in Cancun! Yes, pics and more pics

Charmed4U - WTG!!!! Is there any way you can be out of the room (or at least out of earshot) until he's finished the work? By now, if I were you, I'd be making noise, loud and clear. BBB is a good place. Trust me, BTDT, companies DO NOT want negative reviews. I finally got something (not much) for compensation for my problem.

anamika - we've missed you. Please come in more often

Welcome everyone new

Sylvia - my latest "fad" is a portobello mushroom with lots of dijon mustard on it. Good for you asking for what you wanted! My feeling is "If I'm paying for it, I want it MY way"

Lenora - I don't like to take meds unless I absolutely have to. Like I know the osteoporosis med I must take along with the calcium and vit D

Beca - what adorable boys you have there. Like that saying "you bite it, you write it"

Looks like the pic of the bisq duck is going to post. Any ideas of colors? I am going to make the beak orange, black eyes, white around the neck. But not quite sure about the colors of the body and wings.

Michele in NC03y56q6eyxjo.jpg