True Confessions - Don't Judge

Options

Replies

• jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    I confess I feel a little lost when I open up MFP and I have no messages from the people I talk to regularly.

I feel weird when I do get messages.

messages?

.... we can get messages ??

I got one yesterday from a poor speller or perhaps English is a second language. In any case, he wants to play with my click.

I told you, I was edumacated in the deep South.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I confess I feel a little lost when I open up MFP and I have no messages from the people I talk to regularly.

messages?

I got one yesterday from a poor speller or perhaps English is a second language. In any case, he wants to play with my click.

Been there. Had a few girls asking about my clock. I'm all, does anyone actually own one of those anymore with smartphones.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,506 Member
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »

messages?

Creepy PMs on the way

finally.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,506 Member
    Options

messages?

did you say "yes!" ??
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    tjiddy wrote: »

Tell me more about this message from friends thing. People answer back?

TJ don't you know people are busy!!!!!
  • synchkat
    Options
    I'm butt hurt
  • synchkat
    Options
    jtegirl1 wrote: »
    synchkat wrote: »
    I'm butt hurt

Did you fall on it skating last night?

just kidding. Why butt hurt?

my morning class yesterday hurt my butt. haha
    it is basically one legged squats while gliding along and leg lifts. All while keeping focus on our core and engaging every freaking muscle cause the coach running it wanted a workout. I'm now butt hurt
  • synchkat
    Options
    I'm butt hurt

it is basically one legged squats while gliding along and leg lifts. All while keeping focus on our core and engaging every freaking muscle cause the coach running it wanted a workout. I'm now butt hurt

Ohhhh.... yeah, I bet that's a great workout. You make me want to take skating lessons! But I can't fit it in with my ballroom dance classes and workouts at this point. Maybe once I learn all the ballroom dances I'll move on to skating.

Ballroom skating??

Well, I guess couples skating is kinda like ballroom, right? lol

Ice dancing is and that's what I have done my whole life so I can easily ballroom dance cause I do it on ice. That's what I was doing last nigh with my guy I help out. He was concerned some positions were awkward for me, I'm like if you're not touching odd spots on me it's not right
  • synchkat
    Options
    I'm butt hurt

Ohhhh.... yeah, I bet that's a great workout. You make me want to take skating lessons! But I can't fit it in with my ballroom dance classes and workouts at this point. Maybe once I learn all the ballroom dances I'll move on to skating.

Ballroom skating??

Well, I guess couples skating is kinda like ballroom, right? lol

Ice dancing is and that's what I have done my whole life so I can easily ballroom dance cause I do it on ice. That's what I was doing last nigh with my guy I help out. He was concerned some positions were awkward for me, I'm like if you're not touching odd spots on me it's not right

Yes, I totally get that! I've never formally danced with a partner before, besides informal stuff with boyfriends/ex husband or guys out. I have the hardest time with my arms and letting the guy lead in dance class. I've even had to do a whole class with the female instructor when no one showed up. It felt a little awkward at first, but it was good because she's a pro.

Letting someone lead is the hardest thing to master, I've been led so long that it's second nature and when I skate with guys who ware weaker I can actually make it look like they are doing it because I make them stand so close to me that I can just nudge them with my shoulder or hip and se them straight

but honestly give in to the leading...if you have a really good partner it is the greatest feeling ever. I know it sounds weird but OMG when you have a strong male lead you just melt into the hold and it's amazing
  • Riffraft1960
    Riffraft1960 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    _dixiana_ wrote: »
    I confess I think most people live well outside their means and don't think enough about their future.
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    I confess I think most people live well outside their means and don't think enough about their future.

I agree and firmly believe all high school students should have to have a class or seminar on things like credit use and budgeting.

Yes! I look at people I know who make about the same money as us and think "how do they afford all that?!" Bigger house, newer cars, stupid stuff like Yeti coolers. But we're putting a good hunk away for later so we live well below what we bring in. Helps me sleep at night.

I talk with students and younger people a lot about this. What prompted me to post was talking to a 25 year old that said he would have LOVED. class in high school with information we were talking about. I mean, I am an educator and we din't make lots of money, but I don't spend much, have been scrimping and investing every bit I can, and made it all work. But I have friends who tell me how broke they are that they can't pay bills, but we are out at lunch and they are talking on the newest phones, ordering like crazy, and we go out in their nice cars. Crazy.

I haven't had a car payment or any payments but my mortgage in over 12 years. That alone is a huge savings. I do all my work on cars and my house myself, which saves $1000's and more each year. So many ways to save...I see so many younger people leveraging and spending their future now.

Anyway...off my soap box.

I have given everyone of my kids, Dave Ramsey's financial peace course. I wish I had been disciplined with money when I was younger. Now want to make sure that they are.
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    Feeling kinda blah today.
  • Riffraft1960
    Riffraft1960 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    I confess, I am feeling pretty happy today, sorry you are not @km8907

Pretty happy, I have found a lady who loves me unconditionally and I am getting ready to go away with her for a week of doing nothing, Life is pretty good at the moment.