True Confessions - Don't Judge

Options

Replies

• moya_bleh
    moya_bleh Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Confession: Four days ago, I took a knife to my face and arms. I never cut seriously enough to cause any real bleeding, and I wasn't doing it as a suicide attempt...I just wanted to hurt myself as punishment for the things I can't change about myself. Punishment for what I can't be.

I don't know your story, but I can say that I've been where you are now and I'm still not in a good place. Please keep going, tomorrow's a new one.
  • moya_bleh
    moya_bleh Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    moya_bleh wrote: »
    I confess that I've just compounded my insomnia by browsing these forums and embarking on a random youtube journey. Start with a music video, end up watching cake making tutorials, skateboarding accidents and Christopher Walken impersonations!

Omg I can spend hours watching cookies and cakes being decorated. It's like I just lose time

Hours evaporate.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I confess I can't handle the main forums anymore. I have lost all patience with the same arguments day in, day out. With the people who don't read before they post. With the people who don't use that hunk of mass residing in their skull for any kind of logical thought. With the people who think "research" is skimming an article that supports their erroneous beliefs, written by someone who's trying to sell them something. With the special snowflakes who claim that because something very specific like keto worked for them, it's therefore true for everyone. With keto. With myself for even using the term special snowflake, because I really try to not be that obnoxious and demeaning.

Maybe I should unfollow all of those and check out the selfie thread... I admit that kind of scares me, but I'm curious what all the hype is about. I hear there's boobs?

I have not been back to this thread in a couple of days and saw your post.

I just wanted to say that about 90% of my posts are from the main forums. I used to religiously post there. I go back there from time to time, I now lurk more than I post and its for the reasons you have I basically said here. I adopted the term 'snarky' from being in there! lol

Had to comment on keto... Two years ago when I was learning, I saw keto mentioned alot. And I can say I thought doing keto might be something awesome for weight losing weight.. I got through a couple of weeks of the carb flu, could not train worth a darn and my family literally wanted to kill me but not as much as I wanted to kill my self...LOL

Have you been to the selfie thread yet? It's really is awesome in there! :)
  • frantim528
    frantim528 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    How do you feel about a day off? A day where you don't exercise or log your calories. A day where you try to not even think about weight loss. I'm not talking about an excuse to binge, just a mental and physical day away from thinking about my weight.
  • Canehdn
    Canehdn Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I've been saying skinny sweats are lame for years. I finally got a pair and man do I heart them. They're super comf and I want to wear them to work every day.
  • Canehdn
    Canehdn Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    frantim528 wrote: »
    How do you feel about a day off? A day where you don't exercise or log your calories. A day where you try to not even think about weight loss. I'm not talking about an excuse to binge, just a mental and physical day away from thinking about my weight.

Incredibly important. I did it yesterday. I Played video games, no logging of food, played board games, drank some wine, and had an awesome day. No exercise or calorie thoughts.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options

I think they are very important. I rarely log food because it just seems to become a bit of an obsession and food becomes just a number. I think people become too obsessed with weight loss and fitness we need to have fun and just live a little sometimes.
  • jamcdonel
    jamcdonel Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I confess to committing an act of Buzzed Chit-Chatting last night. I'm sorry if I offended anyone.

In other news, I enjoyed my evening immensely >:)
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    Confession: Four days ago, I took a knife to my face and arms. I never cut seriously enough to cause any real bleeding, and I wasn't doing it as a suicide attempt...I just wanted to hurt myself as punishment for the things I can't change about myself. Punishment for what I can't be.

Please talk to someone.
  • LittleHearseDriver
    Options
    Canehdn wrote: »
    I've been saying skinny sweats are lame for years. I finally got a pair and man do I heart them. They're super comf and I want to wear them to work every day.

I used to hate the too, now I wear them around the house as my comfy pants.
  • RoxieDawn
    Options
    jamcdonel wrote: »
    I confess to committing an act of Buzzed Chit-Chatting last night. I'm sorry if I offended anyone.

In other news, I enjoyed my evening immensely >:)

This is what counts..lol
  • RoxieDawn
    Options

I take every Sunday to not care about this. Its a physical and mental day off for me.

Now if you are adhering to a very strict goal where this will derail your progress it might not be a great idea, but you could also plan throughout the week so you can have a day like this..
  • MalkinMagic71
    MalkinMagic71 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Back in the ER again with My Mom. I'm mentally exhausted.
  • LittleHearseDriver
    Options

I hope she feels better soon.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,508 Member
    Options
    slivesey77 wrote: »

I did it for my mom too every day for about 10 months. It wears you down. I was lucky to have help from my sister and others. I don't know any details of your situation, but it's the one thing I'll always be proud of; that when my mom needed me, I was able to take care of her. Take pride in being able to say the same thing. No one loves you like mom.

respect.
  • Dreamcrusher16
    Dreamcrusher16 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    slivesey77 wrote: »

I did it for my mom too every day for about 10 months. It wears you down. I was lucky to have help from my sister and others. I don't know any details of your situation, but it's the one thing I'll always be proud of; that when my mom needed me, I was able to take care of her. Take pride in being able to say the same thing. No one loves you like mom.

Well god dammit if my panties didn't just melt off of my body reading this.

Proof!