True Confessions - Don't Judge

Options

Replies

• Gimsteinn
    Gimsteinn Posts: 7,678 Member
    Options
    Back in the ER again with My Mom. I'm mentally exhausted.

Aww hun I hope she's ok
  • Gimsteinn
    Options
    Kasner1975 wrote: »
    slivesey77 wrote: »

I did it for my mom too every day for about 10 months. It wears you down. I was lucky to have help from my sister and others. I don't know any details of your situation, but it's the one thing I'll always be proud of; that when my mom needed me, I was able to take care of her. Take pride in being able to say the same thing. No one loves you like mom.

You're a good man. I applaud you for taking care of your mom in her time of need.... after my father passed away, I came to stay with my mother. As somewhat of a hermit, she needed to be taught how to use an ATM and debit card when grocery shopping, and I hated to think of her alone in the house. Quite honestly, we take care of each other. Even in my 40s, that old lady will still wait up for me to come home lol. A mother/son bond is not something that dissipates with time.

Aww.. That's beautiful.. Both of you... Respect
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Depression and anxiety crap going on the last few days. Need to find balance again.
  • Nitroalley2
    Nitroalley2 Posts: 3,419 Member
    Options

I did it for my mom too every day for about 10 months. It wears you down. I was lucky to have help from my sister and others. I don't know any details of your situation, but it's the one thing I'll always be proud of; that when my mom needed me, I was able to take care of her. Take pride in being able to say the same thing. No one loves you like mom.

You're a good man. I applaud you for taking care of your mom in her time of need.... after my father passed away, I came to stay with my mother. As somewhat of a hermit, she needed to be taught how to use an ATM and debit card when grocery shopping, and I hated to think of her alone in the house. Quite honestly, we take care of each other. Even in my 40s, that old lady will still wait up for me to come home lol. A mother/son bond is not something that dissipates with time.

This melts my heart melt. I'm so thankful that I have a son. My girls would roll me out into a ditch and leave me to rot.

I have 5 kids. I think they drew straws to see who has to take care of me one day. :D:p
  • jamcdonel
    jamcdonel Posts: 533 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

This melts my heart melt. I'm so thankful that I have a son. My girls would roll me out into a ditch and leave me to rot.

If you get a good son-in -law, you'll be fine.

My father-in-law is going downhill quickly, and a new and special bond is forming between my mother-in-law and me.
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Rottified wrote: »
    In less than a month I'm flying across the country to meet a MFP member.
    Never flown before
    Never even left my state before
    And I'm a pretty shy person
    But I'm not freaked out or worried. Just happy to go and meet him.

Hands down the craziest thing I've ever done. But also the best.
  • Canehdn
    Canehdn Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Never flown before

That's awesome. It's cool that you did something like that. Glad you had a good time.
  • Gimsteinn
    Options
    Never flown before

OMG you did ? Wow, that's brave
  • thedcubed1
    thedcubed1 Posts: 7,209 Member
    Options
    I missed the weekends in here and I feel like I missed A LOT!
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    thedcubed1 wrote: »

It was slow, you didn't miss much.
  • thedcubed1
    Options

I see people confessing love, having babies, flying to see fellow MFPers, feet pics, flags flying left and right! All sorts of craziness!
  • thedcubed1
    Options

I see people confessing love, having babies, flying to see fellow MFPers, feet pics, flags flying left and right! All sorts of craziness!

No drama! I tried my hardest.

I saw your post about having a target on your back and I was going to say something smart alec-y like "I told you that you should've gotten something else for your tattoo but did you listen?? Noooooooo" :tongue: