True Confessions - Don't Judge

Options

Replies

• thedcubed1
    thedcubed1 Posts: 7,209 Member
    Options
    I snuck into the "studio" portion of the gym this morning to take my profile pic
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    thedcubed1 wrote: »
    I snuck into the "studio" portion of the gym this morning to take my profile pic

You're such a rebel!
  • thedcubed1
    Options

You're such a rebel!

Bad to the bone!
  • chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    I confess I can't handle the main forums anymore. I have lost all patience with the same arguments day in, day out. With the people who don't read before they post. With the people who don't use that hunk of mass residing in their skull for any kind of logical thought. With the people who think "research" is skimming an article that supports their erroneous beliefs, written by someone who's trying to sell them something. With the special snowflakes who claim that because something very specific like keto worked for them, it's therefore true for everyone. With keto. With myself for even using the term special snowflake, because I really try to not be that obnoxious and demeaning.

Maybe I should unfollow all of those and check out the selfie thread... I admit that kind of scares me, but I'm curious what all the hype is about. I hear there's boobs?

I have not been back to this thread in a couple of days and saw your post.

I just wanted to say that about 90% of my posts are from the main forums. I used to religiously post there. I go back there from time to time, I now lurk more than I post and its for the reasons you have I basically said here. I adopted the term 'snarky' from being in there! lol

Had to comment on keto... Two years ago when I was learning, I saw keto mentioned alot. And I can say I thought doing keto might be something awesome for weight losing weight.. I got through a couple of weeks of the carb flu, could not train worth a darn and my family literally wanted to kill me but not as much as I wanted to kill my self...LOL

Have you been to the selfie thread yet? It's really is awesome in there! :)

I always love seeing your posts. I've been around a long time, though I mostly have lurked in the past, and you've always been full of good advice and seem very accomplished. (Sorry if that sounds a little Internet-stalker-y!)

IDK how people train on keto. My lifts are way better after a bowl of pasta. I've watched a girl almost pass out in a because she was starting keto.

I stopped by the selfie thread. Decided I have too many body image issues to hang out in there right now, but damn, y'all are all gorgeous :)
  • chocolate_owl
    Options
    Kasner1975 wrote: »
    slivesey77 wrote: »
    Back in the ER again with My Mom. I'm mentally exhausted.

I did it for my mom too every day for about 10 months. It wears you down. I was lucky to have help from my sister and others. I don't know any details of your situation, but it's the one thing I'll always be proud of; that when my mom needed me, I was able to take care of her. Take pride in being able to say the same thing. No one loves you like mom.

You're a good man. I applaud you for taking care of your mom in her time of need.... after my father passed away, I came to stay with my mother. As somewhat of a hermit, she needed to be taught how to use an ATM and debit card when grocery shopping, and I hated to think of her alone in the house. Quite honestly, we take care of each other. Even in my 40s, that old lady will still wait up for me to come home lol. A mother/son bond is not something that dissipates with time.

This melts my heart melt. I'm so thankful that I have a son. My girls would roll me out into a ditch and leave me to rot.

I confess I hope this changes. Mom and I had our ups and downs, but we're very close now and I always love spending time with her. I have more respect for her than anyone else on the planet. She's tough and powerful and smart and kind and generous, and I really hope I'm as much like her as other people say I am.
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the kind words all. My mom didn't get admitted. They still don't seem to have an answer for her pain which sucks but it is what it is I guess. I'll just continue to help her the best I can. I'm her only child and really the only person she has to look after her. I just wish I could help more.

I'm sure it means the world to her knowing you are there. You're a great son.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I confess I can't handle the main forums anymore. I have lost all patience with the same arguments day in, day out. With the people who don't read before they post. With the people who don't use that hunk of mass residing in their skull for any kind of logical thought. With the people who think "research" is skimming an article that supports their erroneous beliefs, written by someone who's trying to sell them something. With the special snowflakes who claim that because something very specific like keto worked for them, it's therefore true for everyone. With keto. With myself for even using the term special snowflake, because I really try to not be that obnoxious and demeaning.

Maybe I should unfollow all of those and check out the selfie thread... I admit that kind of scares me, but I'm curious what all the hype is about. I hear there's boobs?

I just wanted to say that about 90% of my posts are from the main forums. I used to religiously post there. I go back there from time to time, I now lurk more than I post and its for the reasons you have I basically said here. I adopted the term 'snarky' from being in there! lol

Had to comment on keto... Two years ago when I was learning, I saw keto mentioned alot. And I can say I thought doing keto might be something awesome for weight losing weight.. I got through a couple of weeks of the carb flu, could not train worth a darn and my family literally wanted to kill me but not as much as I wanted to kill my self...LOL

I always love seeing your posts. I've been around a long time, though I mostly have lurked in the past, and you've always been full of good advice and seem very accomplished. (Sorry if that sounds a little Internet-stalker-y!)

IDK how people train on keto. My lifts are way better after a bowl of pasta. I've watched a girl almost pass out in a because she was starting keto.

I stopped by the selfie thread. Decided I have too many body image issues to hang out in there right now, but damn, y'all are all gorgeous :)

thank you darlin and no not internet stalkish at all.. you should really see some stalkers I get :# ..lol

one day you will get the courage up to do the selfie thread, took me a while to get there. :)
  • chocolate_owl
    Options
    Thanks for all the kind words all. My mom didn't get admitted. They still don't seem to have an answer for her pain which sucks but it is what it is I guess. I'll just continue to help her the best I can. I'm her only child and really the only person she has to look after her. I just wish I could help more.

My MIL had been enduring a lot of pain. Fortunately, she has a tenacious GP who's been working to sort out a drug cocktail that will keep her from hurting too much without making her loopy. It's gotten better. I hope you can find something that helps and get some rest yourself.
  • thedcubed1
    Options

thank you darlin and no not internet stalkish at all.. you should really see some stalkers I get :# ..lol

one day you will get the courage up to do the selfie thread, took me a while to get there. :)

Hey...I said I was SORRY for that!!! :tongue:
  • RoxieDawn
    Options

You stalkerish? Not you, you are the nicest dude here in MFP.. :)
  • Nitroalley2
    Nitroalley2 Posts: 3,419 Member
    Options

Now I see where your standards are :D
  • thedcubed1
    Options

Ha yeah @Nitroalley2 knows me better @RoxieDawn ....we've only just begun :wink:
  • RoxieDawn
    Options

Ha yeah @Nitroalley2 knows me better @RoxieDawn ....we've only just begun :wink:

oh god help me!!!! :#:#
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options

If he gets out of line, just slap him around a little. He likes it! Trust me! :D
  • Nitroalley2
    Nitroalley2 Posts: 3,419 Member
    Options

If he gets out of line, just slap him around a little. He likes it! Trust me! :D

You are such a tease. :p
  • thedcubed1
    Options

Hey that was ONE time and you KNOW I had been drinking tequila that night!
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options
    I confess I'm very very curious how the engagement/marriage is going @CCRG88

Oh. Plot twist.
  • RoxieDawn
    Options

trust you???? :D my goodness, I miss all the getting out of line and slapping around.. Where's mine?