True Confessions - Don't Judge

Options

Replies

• FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys.
    It went better than expected. In 60 days, I can start a new chapter in my life. I feel so relieved.

Glad it went better than expected! I hope your new chapter is exactly what you want it to be. :)
  • jamcdonel
    jamcdonel Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I have a big lists of things I want to do:

Take a self defense class
    Go on vacation, maybe a cruise?
    Plant a garden
    Get my hunting license & kill a deer
    Decorate my house they way I want

Just to name a few.

If you don't mind me asking, why didn't you do these things before? None of them seem outrageous.

Not like uprooting a family with two small children, giving up two careers, nearby family, an support system and a community to start over in a new city 500 miles away to go to graduate school.
    Sorry, I'm projecting...
  • slivesey77
    slivesey77 Posts: 2,450 Member
    Options
    I have a big list of things I want to do:

Plant a garden
    Enjoy being single for a year before trying to date.

Just to name a few.

If it's available in your area, I'd suggest Krav Maga as far as self defense. I took it for a year while living in Kentucky.
    Very effective.
  • NewlifeinNW
    NewlifeinNW Posts: 3,866 Member
    Options
    I have a big list of things I want to do:

Plant a garden
    Enjoy being single for a year before trying to date.

Just to name a few.

That's a great plan!
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Kasner1975 wrote: »
    I confess that it seems very likely I'll get to go back home to see the kids this weekend. I don't want to get my hopes up, but the thought of it brings tears to my eyes.... I've missed them so very much.

I really hope you get to see your kiddos!!
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,508 Member
    Options
    I confess that when I was in my teens, I had sex on top of a fire truck during a Canada day fireworks show surrounded by 1000 people.... now I can barely have sex with the lights on... something broke in me between then and now.

Were you alone at the time?

Besides the other 1000 people....
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    My husband and I are waiting to meet with an attorney about getting a divorce. I feel like I'm going to puke I'm so nervous.

Remember, this too shall pass.

You're young, beautiful and kind.

Both you and your soon to be ex will both find someone else to make you happy.

.... maybe not right away, but in good time.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    I confess that when I was in my teens, I had sex on top of a fire truck during a Canada day fireworks show surrounded by 1000 people.... now I can barely have sex with the lights on... something broke in me between then and now.

Were you alone at the time?

Besides the other 1000 people....

There was another participant

That makes me a lil' jealous.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    jamcdonel wrote: »
    I have a big lists of things I want to do:

Plant a garden

Just to name a few.

If you don't mind me asking, why didn't you do these things before? None of them seem outrageous.

Not like uprooting a family with two small children, giving up two careers, nearby family, an support system and a community to start over in a new city 500 miles away to go to graduate school.
    Sorry, I'm projecting...

I don't want to be one of those people who bad mouths their spouse during a divorce, so I'm going to try to be tackful.

My husband has the "you don't know how to do this because you're a woman" mind set. A couple of months ago, the toilet wouldn't stop running so I went to Lowes and bought the kit to replace the internal stuff. He knew I had never replaced one before and instead of being supportive he kept telling me I would screw it up. I showed him my middle finger and told him to watch me. 30 minutes later it was working like a charm. He didn't talk to me for two days. So growing a garden and killing my own meat is both a way to provide for myself and a metaphorical flipping him the bird.

Since I paid all of the bills and I rarely had help from him financially, I wasn't able to travel like I wanted to. So I want to take a well deserved trip to somewhere on my bucket list.

The self defence class is kind of self explanatory. I wanna be able to kick a dude's @ss if they give me trouble when I start dating again.

Mad Re5pext

You're going to be just fine.
  • kassierodriguez1
    kassierodriguez1 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I confess that I deal with anxiety. I seem to have a fear of death and it makes me worry unnecessarily.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I confess that I deal with anxiety. I seem to have a fear of death and it makes me worry unnecessarily.

I fell ya
  • kassierodriguez1
    kassierodriguez1 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »

I fell ya

Curious. Is your anxiety what you were referring to that can keep you from progressing?
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »

I fell ya

Curious. Is your anxiety what you were referring to that can keep you from progressing?

At times, yes. I continue to detach from the chemical reaction inside -the panic, tension - and go through the motions to keep moving forward. Mine is just from trying to adjust to getting older and the inevitability of it all.